The main villa on the estate, Villa Trappola, was built in 1283 as a tower 30 metres high to defend the coastline from marauding Saracens. The tower is surrounded by a landscaped garden, planted in the summer of 2005 after the extensive restoration of the villa was completed. Care was taken to plant large shrubs and trees so that the garden looks as though it had always been there. The owners of the estate live in a house adjacent to the villa.
All that remains of the tower today are the lower ramparts which give the building an arcane aspect of strength and solidity. Villa Trappola extends over three floors. A large, modern kitchen with adjoining dining room and TV lounge occupy the ground floor. The first floor is made up of a large living space and two bedrooms, each with their own bathroom. The top floor has another three bedrooms and three bathrooms. A second kitchen here conveniently serves as a breakfast kitchen. The extensive restoration of the house included the new kitchen and bathrooms, while the other rooms in the house received a complete face-lift. The decor is elegant and comfortable in harmony with the patrician style of this historic residence.
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.