The Villa derived its name from the Sanctuary of Poseidon on the southern tip of Attica. The temple is situated on a hill overlooking the cliffs and rocky shoreline. Mythically, the rocky peninsula was the home of the Sirens. Their sweet songs tempting many a mariner to their death on the rocks. We invite you to invoke the spirit of Jason and Odysseus and ignore the songs of modern day Sirens. Bathe in sunlight and revel in the Ocean views as life takes on the pace of the Ancients. Villa Sounion was finished in 2000 in a style reminiscent of heritage. The Marble that grace the floors, combine with Cycladic columns in relief and the stunning views form a relaxing backdrop to the cacophony colors of Modern Life depicted on the walls. Feel welcomed! Overlooking the Swimming Pool and the Atlantic Ocean beyond, the large (30 x 18ft) Living Room is lavishly furnished. A mixture of Modern Art adorns the walls. Comfortable sofas and chairs afford relaxation to 10 adults.
There is a full selection of entertainment equipment that resides in the large cupboard in the Living Room. Sounion villa also provides a large selection of Videos, which are available for guest use. The Villa has satellite reception from DirecTV. The satellite is integrated into the Stereo receiver, allowing input from satellite audio channels to be played throughout the Villa. The villa is also equipped with internet access and a fax.
The Breakfast Balcony offers an impressive 180 degree view of Grace Bay, Thompson Cove and the Blue Mountains. The table sits 6 adults. A Barbecue is available for use on the Breakfast Balcony - stored either on the Balcony or the Garage. The Villa is cleaned twice a week by our staff - a light mid-week clean of the bedrooms and common areas and the major clean (normally) on the weekend. There is a pristine coral reef yards from the dock which is a "fish nursery" where you can see all species of fish and turtles at certain times of the year. There are loads of fun and free activities to partake in while staying at the villa.
- There is a Reflector 675 x 4.5" Telescope with a selection of lenses to view distant ships, the evening lights of Grace Bay or the romantic stars overhead. Night-time viewing is best with as many lights OFF as possible around the Pool Area. The twins of Gemini, Castor and Pollux can be readily viewed in the overhead winter sky. It is perhaps no coincidence that these mythological brothers, trained by Hercules, accompanied Jason and the Argonauts to encounter the Sirens at Sounion!
- There are several places to sit under the shade and enjoy the views. Imagine sitting here, reading a book and listening to the gentle ebb and flow of the waves or music from the main stereo system. There is an outdoor dining table adjacent. Dine on Royal Doulton outdoor crockery and drink from unbreakable Stahl glasses.
This features a large 10-seat Italianate table and offers formal dining when desired. The room is decorated with Modern Art, high ceiling fans and an Italian Marble floor. A full table setting for 10 is provided: Silverware/China/Wine & Water glasses. Adjacent to the dining room is a Mini-Bar, a wine refrigerator (32 bottle capacity), the kitchen. A spacious, modern and airy Kitchen with commanding views of the Grace Bay and the Villa's Pool. There are 2 informal dining areas outside the Kitchen - either the Veranda, overlooking the pool, or the Breakfast Balcony, overlooking the Sea.
Delightful Grace Bay Seafront Rental with Pool Location and other villas and tours nearby
Delightful Grace Bay Seafront Rental with Pool is one of our
Turks & Caicos Islands Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Turks & Caicos Islands Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
- Distance to Beach: 10 min
- Distance to Town: 5 min, Downtown
- Distance to Airport: 7 min, Providenciales Int'l - PLS
- Golf: Yes - 20 minutes
- Turks and Caicos Villa Rentals reveal some of the most pristine beaches in the Caribbean. The beautiful Turks and Caicos Islands are situated 575 miles (or 75 minutes) southeast of Miami. Turks and Caicos villa rentals feature an island chain that covers 193 square miles of the Atlantic Ocean. Turks & Caicos villa rentals provide access to the third largest coral reef system and the best tropical beaches in the world, making it a premier beach, diving and snorkeling destination. Luxury Turks and Caicos villas are also a favorite of those interested in ecotourism and adventure seeking, which is probably why the island chain boasts a 60% visitor return rate. Turks and Caicos villa rental guests will quickly realize that one of the most valuable possessions of the islands are the pristine white sandy beaches, which in total cover 230 miles and are complimented with crystal clear turquoise waters. The islands are relatively flat but vary from sand dunes to lush green vegetation.
Activities / What to do there?
- Depending on the tide, you can walk along the shore to deserted Thompson Cove or hop in the car for an early morning walk on Grace Bay Beach. The coral is the best on the island and you can best see all the fish, turtles, lobsters and octopus at dawn or dusk when they are feeding. This part of the reef is a fishery so you may see many juveniles which are usually a different color then their parents. You can also use the telescope in the living room to chart the heavens and find you star!
- One water pistol is provided per guest for wet and wild water fights, or ask Carla for the badminton net, rackets and shuttle cock and play in the drive outside the front of the villa.
- If you want to do something more relaxing, there is a chess board with pieces in the living room or you can request Monopoly and poker from Carla when you check in to be returned before you leave.
Accommodation & Layout
- Bedding: 2 Kings, 3 Queens, 2 Twins
- Bedroom 1 Master: King size bed, En suite bathroom, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Cable TV, VCR , Balcony
- Bedroom 2 Master: King size bed, En suite bathroom, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, TV, VCR, Sitting area, Coffee machine, Writing desk, Balcony
- Bedroom 3 Peach: 2 Twin beds, En suite bathroom, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, TV, Sitting area, Coffee table, Direct access to the Swim Dock and the Sea
- Bedroom 4 Blue: 2 Queen size beds, En suite bathroom, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, TV, VCR, Direct access to the Swim Dock and the Sea
- Bedroom 5 Glass: Queen size bed , En suite bathroom, Ceiling fan, TV, Book collection, Desk, Direct access to the Swim Dock and the Sea
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Concierge (Maid: 2x/wk)
- A/C - Bedrooms
- Internet - WiFi
- Beach Chairs
- Ceiling Fans
- TV VCR
- Coffee Maker
- Dish Washer
- Ice Maker
What we can arrange for you
Do you want the best car rental rates available? Of course you do! With over 20 years of experience, our concierge team is ready to secure any one of a wide range of vehicles for your party, at rates you won't find anywhere else! We offer the best selection of reliable vehicles, luxury vehicles, scooters, boats and more! Transfer & Arrival Escorts Meet and Greet Pre-stocking Villa with Food Door to Door Luggage Delivery Private Chef Services Massage & Spa Treatments Car Rentals Childcare Services Tours and activities
Detailed Rate Information
- May 1st, 2012
- Dec 22nd, 2012
- Dec 29th, 2012
- Dec 15th, 2012
- Dec 29th, 2012
- Jan 5th, 2013
Terms & Conditions
- Check In Time: 3 PM
- Check Out Time: 11 AM
- 11.00% Tax (not included in rates)
- US $500.00 Security Deposit
- Actual exchange rate may vary
- All rates and villa details are subject to change without notice
- Rates are based on double occupancy unless otherwise noted