Villa Sacra is an aristocratic 19th-century villa set in the heart of a vast Tuscan estate of terraced hills and olive groves. The Controni family, noble merchants who in 1680 took over what is now Palazzo Pfanner in the center of Lucca, had it built as their elegant summer residence. Prince Frederick of Denmark and Norway came as a guest of Carlo Controni while he was visiting Lucca during his Grand Tour of Italy in 1692. Today Villa Sacra serves as a luxury vacation villa. Inside there is a music room with fireplace, a card and full-size billiard room, as well as a fully equipped gym.
- This fertile estate, with its own private chapel and ancient olive press, provided housing for workers for many years and was used for the cultivation of rare flowers. Villa Sacra boasts magnificent views across the estate and down the valley towards the medieval hilltop town of Lucca.
- Formal Italianate gardens lay to the front of the villa, and to the rear a pretty walled garden with manicured lawns provides a peaceful setting for the delightful swimming pool and sun-lounge.
There is a formal dining room and a kitchen for casual dining.
Exquisite Lucca Countryside Pool Rental - Villa Sacra Location and other villas and tours nearby
Exquisite Lucca Countryside Pool Rental - Villa Sacra is one of our
Italy Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Italy Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
Activities / What to do there?
- An arched loggia to the rear provides a shady retreat for relaxing or outdoor dining, overlooking the camellia garden. Tables, chairs and umbrellas are available for dining on the spacious grounds.
- You can enjoy biking, hiking, and many more countryside activities at this luxury rental.
Accommodation & Layout
The villa has 11 individually styled double bedrooms (1 of which can be either queen or twin) with ensuite bathrooms and can accomodate upto 22 people.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Banquet hall, billiard room, wine tasting room and wine cellar
- Formal living room with satellite TV, DVD, video library and fireplace
- Individually controlled air conditioning / heating in each room
- Outdoor dining area
- Fully equipped Tuscan style kitchen
- First floor guest area with wireless internet access
- Work out room with cardiovascular and weight equipment
- Outdoor floodlit swimming pool (12 m x 4 m x 1,8 m)
- Italian style garden
- Phone line in each room
- Outdoor and indoor wireless internet access
- Breakfast service daily (Continental style buffet breakfast – cost of food extra)
- Chef to prepare either lunch or dinner 6 day per week (cost of food extra -chef service not available on Wednesday)
- 3 housekeepers for daily maid service
- Pool attendant
- English speaking concierge
- Internet wireless connection
Detailed Rate Information
2012 WEEKLY RATES
- 7 January - 31 March EURO 22.510
- 31 March - 2 June EURO 24.000
- 2 June - 29 September EURO 30.000
- 29 September - 27 October EURO 24.000
- 27 October - 22 December EURO 22.510
- 22 December - 5 January 2013 EURO 30.000
Terms & Conditions
Security deposit: € 2.000,00
Near by tours and activities