Villa Lanti, with its stunning views and private tranquillity, looks out from a protected mountainside within a national park. The villa was designed by modernist architect Michele Busiri-Vici and is considered one of his masterpieces. Its organic curves of Mediterranean-soaked light show many influences, from North Africa to Gaudi to Italy' s arts-and-crafts tradition. Caves of ancient man are just minutes' walk away. The small, nearby resort town of San Felice Circeo is named for the goddess Circe from Homer's Odyssey; local wisdom relates that the mountain was her island. The town's Centro Storico boasts a medieval piazza, intimate restaurants and cafés, and stylish shops.
Since the 1950s San Felice Circeo has been known to Italians but kept secret from most foreigners. In summer, well-to-do Romans rent villas and frequent the diverse beaches. Half a mile from Villa Lanti is one of Italy's luxury hotels, the Punta Rossa, with a fine restaurant, chic bar, cove beach, seaside pool and health spa, which are all open to non-guests. Beside the swimming options in Circeo itself, just around the headland stretch the 20km-long sands of Sabaudia Beach, one of the finest in Europe.
- Villa Lanti itself is wrapped in fluid terraces, with plenty of lounge chairs, and the entire roof is a sunbathing terrace. In the distance you can see Naples, Mt. Vesuvius and Ischia. The property is surrounded by bougainvillea and jasmine.
- The views are stunning across an immense sea to the Pontine Islands, and back to the sweep of mountains and coast.
The villa has 2 kitchens. One modern 'professional' kitchen on the main floor and another full kitchen on the lower floor.
Sabaudia Beachfront Rental - Villa Lanti Location and other villas and tours nearby
Sabaudia Beachfront Rental - Villa Lanti is one of our
Italy Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Italy Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
San Felice Circeo,
Activities / What to do there?
- Activities in the region include hiking, swimming, cycling, walking, tennis, sailing, bird-watching, riding, windsurfing, snorkelling, water-skiing, fishing and canoeing.
- A rich array of archaeology and prehistory is a mere stroll away.
- Further afield and reachable in just over an hour by train is Rome, and you can get to Naples and Pompeii in an hour and a half.
Accommodation & Layout
- Master bedroom with walk-in closet, master bath with bidet & shower/tub.
- Single bedroom, bath with shower/tub.
On the Top Floor:
- Bedroom with double-bed and private bath w/shower, walk-in closet.
On the Lower Floor:
- Independent apartment with spacious double-bedroom with large desk & walk-in closet.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Maid service 6 days a week, 4 hrs per day (housekeeper can also cook by request)
- Gardener comes 2 or 3 times per week to water
- WiFi Internet
What we can arrange for you
- Winter heating
- Cooking and extra maid services
Near by tours and activities