Designed in 1958 from Luigi Caccia Dominioni, one of the most famous italian architects of XXth century, the villa faces the lake and the wonderfull view of Sempione mountain chain on the other side of the lake. A very special building , thanks to its large glass windows and the almost full lack of corners, replaced by vaults and smoothly joint surfaces. There are privat dock and private meadow by the shore.
The Villa is located in Reno, a very small site in Leggiuno municipality, on the Lombardy side of lake Maggiore. Quite famous in fact because of the presence of S.Caterina del Sasso sanctuary in the area, an ancient monastery built in 14th century composed by Church, dormitory and few other small buildings, right on the top of the rocks sheer on the water. The Villa is easy to reach, 30 km from Malpensa airport and 10 minutes drive from both Railway stations in Laveno. The Villa is situated in the North part of the village, on a falling sharply ground of rocks and grass that goes down to the lake, right in the middle of a chest- nuts and oak trees small wood.
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.