Perched high on forested Flagstaff Hill overlooking the town of Port Douglas and the Coral Sea, Villa Empat Puluh Dua is a place of peace and luxury. Sweeping views of rainforest, beach and mountains, the sound of falling water and breaking waves, birdsong and tropical breezes are Empat Puluh Dua’s essence. This holiday beach house is a place for families and friends to be together, or for couples to retreat from the world. Revel in the myriad activities that Port Douglas has to offer or simply relax by the villa’s pool and do as little as you wish.
- It is surrounded by some of the most magnificent natural environments on the planet. Among the best diving and snorkelling sites on the Great Barrier Reef are found directly off Port Douglas, and the lovely fringing reef of the Low Isles lies just offshore.
- The area affords opportunities for all kinds of active relaxation from game fishing to golf. High quality shopping and dining in Port Douglas are within easy walking distance, and the town’s Sunday markets are some of the best in the region.
- In the kitchen, a state-of-the art gas/electric cooker, dishwasher and full dinner service for 14 make cooking for friends easy. A gas barbeque is also provided on the main deck. On the entrance level, there are additional kitchen facilities and a dining area, which can be closed off with sliding doors from the large lobby space.
- Eating out in Port Douglas means, above all, tropical seafood: coral trout, barramundi and mud crab are specialities. Port Douglas cuisine runs the full gamut from distinctively Asian to Modern Australian, but the emphasis is always on freshness. Outdoor dining is comfortable even on winter evenings, so most restaurants and cafés are open and breezy, with an informal atmosphere and friendly service. Some of the best restaurants are:
Modern Australian, primarily seafood
On The Inlet
Salsa Bar & Grill
Modern Australian Cuisine
Seafood and Greek cuisine
Fine modern Australian cuisine
Modern European cuisine
Traditional Chinese cuisine
Exotic and elegant villa with breathtaking views and privileged location in Port Douglas, Australia Location and other villas and tours nearby
Exotic and elegant villa with breathtaking views and privileged location in Port Douglas, Australia is one of our
Australia Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Australia Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Port Douglas Villa Empat Puluh Dua
42 Murphy Street,
Port Douglas QLD 4877
*The villa is just five minutes’ walk from Port Douglas’ beautiful Four Mile Beach, and five minutes from the centre of town.
Activities / What to do there?
Tropical North Queensland has it all. From reef to ancient rainforest to Outback savannah and wetlands, the area offers a vast range of possibilities for the most active to the least strenuous adventure. Take a hot air balloon flight over the nearby Atherton Tablelands, sail out to the reef on a luxury yacht and spend the day immersed in this natural wonder, play 18 holes of golf on the Port Douglas Sheraton’s world championship course, or take a 4WD safari in the world famous Daintree National Park. Do as much or as little as you like - and let our villa manager take care of all arrangements, leaving you free to relax and enjoy this diverse and remarkable area. Activities available include:
- Enterprise luxury motor cruiser charters
- Low Isles sailing and snorkelling
- Adventure diving
- Sea kayaking
- White water rafting
- Mountain biking
- Horse riding
- Daintree and Outback 4WD Safaris
- Daintree and Cape Tribulation Rainforest tours
- Gulf Savannah and Mareeba Wetlands tours
- Hot air ballooning
- Tennis and golf
- Bird watching and wildlife tours
Accommodation & Layout
This villa has 7 bedrooms: 3 king sized and 4 queens, that accommodate up to 14 people
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
Skyline edge pool
TV and DVD player
*To enhance your relaxation experience all rates include a mid stay villa service, peak school holiday rate includes a daily service, service can be expanded to include laundering and more.
What we can arrange for you
- Upon request fridges and pantries can be fully stocked and breakfast baskets delivered; we can also arrange a chef to cook exquisite cuisine in the comfort of the villa.
- We have a number of therapists and day spa locations in the Port Douglas area. For forward bookings, please consult the office for recommendations and contacts.
- Be chauffer driven and relax as you enjoy the beautiful drive from Cairns Airport through World Heritage rainforest on the edge of the Coral Sea. Alternatively, be met by helicopter in Cairns, and take a scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef on your journey north.
Near by tours and activities