This large 17th century villa complex is one of the most ancient private homes on the island of Capri, full of history and a lot of personality, about a 20 min. walk from the town center. This villa, built on ancient Roman cisterns, lies below the ruins of Villa Jovis, which belonged to the Emperor Tiberius. The villa, built in the 17th C. by the Polverino family, enjoys a very special atmosphere, created by the huge garden area, which surrounds it. Present owners completely renovated and restored the villa and embellishing it with marble throughout, both internally and externally. This villa was once again bought, in the early 1900’s, by the painter of the royal family of Savoy, who spent long periods of his life in the house. Villa Tiberio is surrounded by a huge garden planted with 18th century trees, cypresses, palms, oleanders and agapanti, creating several shaded areas.
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.