This stunning Basque style villa is in an enviable position right on the beach with fabulous views across the Bassin d’Arcachon to the Cap Ferret. The long, golden sandy beach is perfect for children. The added bonus of the beach house means lunches are easily prepared and afternoon siestas can be enjoyed without leaving the beach. There is a boat available and the skipper will show you around the bay; don’t miss the iconic ‘maisons tchanquees’ (stilt houses) or an afternoon on the famous sand banks which make the Corniche so unique. Local restaurants are within walking distance to the property offering fresh fish and seafood. One of the best restaurants in the area is nearby at the hotel La Corniche.
The guest cottage is at the entrance and a grass driveway leads past the cottage to the main villa, giving the impression of a large lawn between the two properties. Grassed parking area under pine trees. Steps lead through an archway to a courtyard with outdoor dining, barbecue and living area and views through the villa to the sea. To the rear of the villa there is a gently sloping lawn then steps down to a lower level where the beach house roof terrace provides further outdoor dining. Further steps lead down either side of the beach house to an enclosed, gated beachfront terrace and the entrance to the beach house. A small flight of wooden steps leads onto the beach. The garden steps are steep in places with no rails – care with young children and the elderly.
- This is a spacious family home situated in the smart residential area of La Corniche which encompasses La Teste de Buch and Pyla sur Mer.
- This villa strikes the perfect balance between casual beach house and sophisticated holiday retreat; comfortable, relaxed furnishings, beautiful wooden floors, large glass windows and doors offering stunning sea views from most rooms and opening onto balconies and terraces for an easy outdoor lifestyle.
The villa has 2 kitchens. A Large fitted kitchen with breakfast table in the main house and an Open plan living/dining room with a fully equipped kitchen in the guest cottage.
Beachfront Pyla Sur Mer Family Rental - Villa De La Corniche Location and other villas and tours nearby
Beachfront Pyla Sur Mer Family Rental - Villa De La Corniche is one of our
France Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
France Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
Activities / What to do there?
- The bay is home to a variety of wildlife and bird-watching is popular here. However sailing is one of the main pastimes and this tidal bay is suitable for all abilities. Canoeing is also an exceptional way to enjoy this natural environment and there are many kilometres of cycle paths.
- You are on the Atlantic coast, so of course surfing is very popular and there are summer schools for beginners and ‘big breakers’ for the professionals. If you’re feeling completely ‘beached out’ and need a day on dry land, then there are two great golf courses nearby, or you could venture into the region’s fine vineyards, take a day trip into the beautiful city of Bordeaux, or visit the fortified town of St Emilion.
Accommodation & Layout
- Double/twin bedroom (1.60m or 2 x 80cm), (TV, safe), French doors to terrace & garden, integral bathroom, separate WC.
- Double/twin bedroom (1.60m or 2 x 80cm), (TV, safe), French doors to courtyard, integral bathroom, separate WC.
- Double/twin bedroom (1.60m or 2 x 80cm), (TV, safe), French door to terrace & garden.
- Separate bathroom , WC.
- Guest WC.
- Master double bedroom suite,(1.60m), living area (open fireplace), French doors to balcony with sea views, ensuite dressing room and spacious ensuite bathroom with separate shower cubicle. Separate WC.
- Double bedroom (1.40m), French door to balcony overlooking courtyard. This bedroom adjoins the master dressing/ensuite and the mezzanine TV area.
All on ground floor:
- Double bedroom (2m), French door to garden.
- Twin bedroom (0.90m).
- Separate bathroom, WC.
There is also a children’s triple bedroom (0.80m bunk beds and 0.80m single bed) ensuite shower room, WC.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- 2 hours maid service per day (Mon - Fri)
- Use of boat & skipper (fuel extra)
What we can arrange for you
Boat fuel €100 per day.
Near by tours and activities