A stranger is a friend as yet unmet" is an old Umbrian proverb. It is this philosophy that guides Villa Armonia. Not a hotel, Villa Armonia offers its guests the best in Umbrian hospitality, providing sumptuous, comfortable, elegant country-house accommodation with a personal touch. Originally a 12th century monastery, Villa Armonia is now a luxurious historic house, a Residenza d'Epoca.
Every bedroom is different, and each is furnished and decorated to a very high standard with carefully chosen furniture and small decorative items and pictures from the Tunstills' personal collection. Beds are fitted with luxurious silk and cotton blend sheets; all the en-suite marble bathrooms have matching white waffle towels, hair dryer and pool towel; you will find luxurious bedcovers, elegant chairs, hand-made tables, beautiful curtains, padded window seat cushions and silk braided parchment lampshades. The terracotta tiled floors provide underfloor central heating, and electric cooling fans are available on advance request. Satellite TV is available in most bedrooms. During office hours B/B guests may use an internet facility in the billiard room or in the office. The small sitting room and loggia areas have wireless satellite reception.
- Villa Armonia's gardens are carefully attended to, recreating an oasis of calm and tranquility as it was when the monks who once lived here tended the land. Grassy pathways beckon between fragrant banks of rosemary, lavender and thyme; acacia, ipericum, and rose trees bloom, and a gentle stream meanders through the sunken garden.
- To soak in the atmosphere of Villa Armonia you can laze on an elegant sun lounger under the branches of the acacia tree, or sit awhile on one of the stone benches placed at various view points in the garden, or take afternoon tea in the shade of an umbrella at one of the tables beside the pool area.
Mini apartment: Exclusive use of a fully fitted adjacent small kitchen available if required, €15 per day.
Delightful Umbria Countryside Pool Rental - Villa Armonia Location and other villas and tours nearby
Delightful Umbria Countryside Pool Rental - Villa Armonia is one of our
Italy Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Italy Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
This beautifully restored country estate now offers bed and breakfast accommodation in the region of Perugia, Cortona, Gubbio, Assisi, Spello, Deruta, Todi, Orvieto, Lake Trasimeno and Città di Castello.
Activities / What to do there?
In the heart of the Umbrian countryside, this luxury guesthouse is only a short drive from Perugia, Umbria's medieval capital, and half an hour away from Perugia airport with frequent Ryanair flights from Stansted. You can enjoy biking, hiking, horse riding and much more.
Accommodation & Layout
- Beata Beatrice (Superior) is on the first floor, up one flight of stone steps from the reception area. This large, charming room (22 square meters) contains a large double bed with tapestry headboard, a hand painted fitted wardrobe and a luxurious bathroom with shower. Extra single bed can be added.
- Santa Chiara (Superior) is on the first floor, one flight of stone steps up from the reception area. This elegant room (19 square meters) has a double bed, antique-fronted fitted wardrobe and a luxury bathroom with shower and bath.
- Mastro Dante (Superior Plus) is on the first floor, up one flight of stone steps from the reception area. This spacious room (32 square meters) with massive ancient oak beams and a double old tiled roof, has a large double or twin beds, large antique wardrobe, marble top night tables, wall mounted antique mirror and a luxury bathroom with shower and bath. One or two extra single beds can be added.
- Re Emanuele (Superior) is on the first floor, with a large double or twin beds, large antique fronted fitted wardrobe, antique hand painted dressing table and a luxury bathroom with shower. One flight of stone stairs leads from the reception area to this spacious room (34 square metres) which features a double old tiled roof. One or two single beds can be added.
- San Francesco (Superior) is on the first floor, up one flight of stone steps from the reception area. It has a large double or twin beds with antique wrought iron headboards, a huge antique wardrobe, antique dressing table, and a luxury bathroom with shower. This large and elegant room (32 square meters) offers views of the swimming pool and the fields and woods beyond. Extra single bed can be added.
- Padrone Irace (Master) is a large room (22 square meters) on the ground floor, making it suitable for guests with mobility difficulties. It has a large double wrought iron bed, hand painted fitted wardrobe and matching hand painted dressing table and a luxury bathroom with shower. Extra single bed can be added.
- Pittore Michelangelo (Junior Suite/Mini Apartment/Family Room) is on the lower ground floor. It is accessed from the outside of the monastery through large arched French doors which open onto a private, covered, terracotta tiled terrace facing the sunken garden. Junior Suite: Large double or twin beds with antique wrought iron headboard, two armchairs and a pouff, two Art Nouveau style wardrobes and luxury bathroom with shower and bath. Mini apartment: Exclusive use of a fully fitted adjacent small kitchen available if required, €15 per day. Suitable for guests with mobility difficulties.
- Family Room: This room is also available as a family room for 3 or 4, on request, by adding one or two single beds and removing the armchairs. (30 square metres + kitchen 5 square metres). One or two single beds can be added.
- Imperatore Nerone (Superior Plus) is on the lower ground floor. Double French doors from the outside of the monastery open onto a private stone tiled terrace in the sunken garden. The room has a large double or twin beds with hand painted headboard, hand painted wardrobe and matching chest and table, and a luxury bathroom with shower. Suitable for guests with mobility difficulties. (21 square metres) Extra single bed can be added.
- Vescovo Oddo (Superior) is in the adjacent Villa Moscatelli. It is accessed by a private terrace and external stairs to a small loggia, where double French doors open into a lobby which leads into the room. This elegant room (23 square metres) has an antique wrought iron double bed decorated with mother of pearl motif, antique dressing table, and hand painted fitted wardrobes. Its luxury bathroom with shower features a stylish wall mounted mirror. One or two single beds can be added.
- Pittore Perugino (Master) is on the ground floor of the adjacent Villa Armonia. Accessed through double French doors, with a small paved private terrace, it has a double or twin beds, an antique wardrobe and luxury bathroom with shower. The room and the bathroom (wet room) are suitable for guests needing wheelchair access.(15 square metres) Daily rate on application with or without breakfast.
- Fra Angelico (Tower Room) is a smaller room on the second floor of the monastery. Once used as the bell tower, today this very tastefully decorated room comes with a double or twin beds, hand crafted wardrobe and tiled bathroom with shower.(16 square metres) Price on application with or without breakfast.
- From the reception hall, stairs with a handcrafted wrought iron balustrade lead to the "Granary bedroom" on the first floor. This extraordinary room, beautifully illuminated by 20 tiny granary windows, contains a queen bed, hand painted fitted wardrobes, an antique trunk and chest of drawers. The luxurious marble-clad en suite bathroom has a large shower.
- The stairs from the reception hall lead to "Vescovo Oddo" on the first floor, a bedroom whose double French doors open onto a lobby with a small loggia beyond and a stone stairway down to the sun terrace below. The room has an antique wrought iron double bed with mother of pearl motif, antique dressing table and two hand painted fitted wardrobes. The luxurious en suite bathroom with shower has a stylish wall mounted mirror.
- Double doors to the right of the stairs in the reception hall lead into "Pittore Perugino", located on the ground floor. This lovely room has a large double or twin beds, an antique wardrobe and bedside tables, and an en suite marble-clad luxury bathroom with shower. An extra single bed is available if required. Double French doors open onto a paved terrace overlooking the countryside beyond. This room and the bathroom are suitable for guests who need wheelchair access.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Satellite TV
- Internet Connection
- Midweek towel change
- Water and electricity.
What we can arrange for you
- Available by arrangement, daily or on specific days, breakfast can be catered, lunch and/or dinner can be cooked for you, and maid service or babysitter service can also be provided.
Detailed Rate Information
- LOW SEASON (MAY – JUNE – SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER) weekly rate € 5.720
- HIGH SEASON (JULY – AUGUST) weekly rate € 6.550
- LOW SEASON (MAY – JUNE – SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER) weekly rate € 7.430
- HIGH SEASON (JULY – AUGUST) weekly rate € 8.200
- LOW SEASON (MAY – JUNE – SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER) weekly rate € 8.580
- HIGH SEASON (JULY – AUGUST) weekly rate € 9.500
Near by tours and activities