The villa is located on a rock, east from Hotel Excelsior. Its core is the old chapel of St. Lazarus from the 13th century, while the remaining part, according to the Conservation Department, dates back from 17th and 18th century. During his stay in Dubrovnik between 1875 and 1882, Sir Arthur Evans, famous English archeologist who discovered the remains of ancient civilization on Crete, lived in this house, and his Croatian contemporaries regularly made reference to this “amazing house” on Ploče.
Today, this former summer residence is a reminder of the times past and a building of great cultural and historical importance. Villa Agave today has 270 square meters of exclusively designed interior and another 400 square meters of specially designed space around the house.
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.