Located in downtown Seminyak, The Orchard House is an elegant four-bedroom character home set amongst stunning tropical gardens. Unique in appearance and style, this delightful residence can best be described as “British India meets Out of Africa”, lovingly created by the villa’s owners, Luli and Charles Orchard, renowned in Bali for high-end furniture design.
The expansive garden with its mature trees, large lawn, 13-metre swimming pool (with optional pool fence) and poolside balé adds to the villa’s beauty to create a sense of space in an urban neighbourhood bustling with activity. Just 100 metres from the villa’s door guests find themselves on Jalan Seminyak, home to some of the island’s best restaurants, spas, boutiques, bars and galleries.
However for those who’d rather stay in and enjoy the quiet, The Orchard House offers a multitude of living spaces and comes with a team of dedicated staff, including a highly-skilled in-house chef. The villa is particularly child friendly too, with an additional bedroom that sleeps four children and an abundance of facilities to keep even the most energetic youngsters entertained.
One of the highlights of The Orchard House is its stunning garden with swaying coconut palms, towering trees and exotic blooms. A rare luxury for a Seminyak villa, this beautiful home boasts large lawns big enough for a game of soccer, badminton or croquet. While the children are kept well entertained with the tree house, swings and the 13-metre swimming pool which has a special shallow section, adults can lie back on the sun loungers and daybed or take refuge in the poolside balé.
- The dining area, with its circular table for six, curves out towards the garden with bi-fold doors and windows opening onto the tropical surrounds.
- Adjoining the living and dining room is the villa’s fully equipped galley-style kitchen fitted out with black granite worktops, teak cupboards, an impressive china cabinet, a great selection of cookbooks and all the latest appliances, including a wine fridge. Guests can sip their tea in the breakfast nook decked out with pink and white check cushions.
Stylish villa surrounded by beautiful landscapes with private pool and fully staffed in Seminyak, Indonesia Location and other villas and tours nearby
Stylish villa surrounded by beautiful landscapes with private pool and fully staffed in Seminyak, Indonesia is one of our
Indonesia Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Indonesia Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
The Orchard House is tucked down a small laneway off Bali’s bustling tourist strip, Jalan Seminyak. This lengthy street is lined with restaurants, bars, boutiques, galleries and spas making The Orchard House a
food lover and shopper’s dream location. The villa is also just around the corner from Jalan Laksmana, or ‘Eat St’, where you will find every type of cuisine possible – Italian, Japanese, Moroccan, Indian and traditional Indonesian warungs. What makes The Orchard House so unique is that while it is in the middle of Bali’s most sought-after neighbourhood, it is also remarkably quiet and peaceful.
- Seminyak Beach 2km
- Legian 2km
- Kuta 5km
- Canggu 5km
- Denpasar Airport 10km*
- Echo Beach 11km
- Tanah Lot 17km
- Ubud 32km
Activities / What to do there?
- Scuba Diving
- Jet Ski
- Local Culture
- Boating Sailing
- Water Skiing
Accommodation & Layout
- The spacious air-conditioned master bedroom with its white wooden ceiling, hardwood floors, ensuite bathroom, king-size bed and library sitting area is the perfect place for those who wish to unwind and relax while taking in the garden views. The room is also equipped with a ceiling fan and small satellite TV and DVD player. The air-conditioned ensuite bathroom consists of two areas: a dressing room with wooden floors and antique carpets underfoot, plentiful cupboard space and two white basins set in a grey marble vanity; and a light and airy Palimanan bathing area with rain shower and tub looking out across the vivid green foliage. This room is ideal for parents who like to have their children close at hand as the children’s room is accessed directly off the master suite’s dressing area.
- The children’s bedroom is divided by a wooden doorway into two separate airconditioned spaces. The first area is fitted out with a white bunk bed, bright pink furnishing, shelves, cupboards and play space, while an annex features two single beds with white and turquoise furnishings (suitable for children and teenagers only).
- Accessed via the media room or garden veranda, the connecting downstairs guest rooms, which are cooled by both air conditioning and ceiling fans, feature green and white hand-painted cement tiles from one of Bali’s most famous artistic villages, Sidemen. The larger room is furnished with a four-poster king-size bed draped in mosquito netting, a floral patterned sofa, watercolours and a scattering of antiques. Curtained doors lead to the twin guest room which has its own garden access through bifold doors. Both rooms share a rustic ensuite bathroom featuring a terrazzo bathtub and handheld shower, small settee, twin basins set in a beige marble vanity and a large whitewashed teak cupboard for storing clothes.
- Across the garden from the two guest rooms stands the air-conditioned garden bungalow – discreetly located for those craving extra privacy. Featuring a high vaulted ceiling and alang-alang thatched roof, terracotta-tiled patio with reading chairs, a king-size fourposter bed with mosquito netting, sofa adorned with green and white striped cushions and an antique writing desk, this little house oozes character .
Media room/ Children's Playroom
The air-conditioned media room can be accessed from the foyer, kitchen and garden. A pastel blue chaise sofa compliments the hand-painted white cement tiles, turquoise cupboards with stained-glass windows and pink-striped curtains. Here guests can enjoy a movie on the large flatscreen satellite TV with DVD player. Equipped with Xbox, Nintendo Wii, Karaoke machine, a doll’s house, numerous toys – even a dining table with vinyl tablecloth for messy eaters – this room doubles admirably as a children’s playroom.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Swimming pool (13 m)
- WiFi and ADSL internet access
- landline for local calls and IDD; mobile phone coverage
- Desktop computer and printer/scanner.
- 3 high chairs
- 2 baby cots;
- Baby car seat
- Bottle steriliser
- Pool fence
- Satellite TV and DVD players
- CD player
- Bose iPod dock
- Nintendo Wii, Xbox
- Villa manager
- 4 housekeepers
- Gardener/pool attendant
- Night-time security guard.
What we can arrange for you