Villa Surya Damai is a sublime introduction to Bali villa living. This delightful five-bedroom property comes uniquely infused with touches of colonial elegance, high quality interiors and furnishings and all the modern creature comforts required for the perfect tropical villa holiday.
Set out amongst 2,750sqm of mature, tropical riverside gardens, the property consists of a series of charming thatched pavilions in the design of a traditional Balinese family compound home. Spacious bedrooms, private terraces and pretty ensuite garden bathrooms, encircle a welcoming, open-sided living pavilion while pool loungers, outdoor and indoor dining areas and an additional lounge–TV room on an upstairs veranda, provide more than enough options for both private and social moments.
Beyond the enchanting gardens and swaying palm fronds lie terraces of verdant rice fields on one side and a grassy pasture complete with grazing cows on the other. It’s a quiet spot, where days blissfully blur together.
- Villa Surya Damai’s gardens consist of gorgeously spongy lawns, edged with tropical foliage and trees, criss-crossed with stone-paved pathways and decorated with intricate carved stone wall panels. The striking 18 x 7m infinity-edge pool is bordered on one side by a simple grass and stone deck where cushioned sun-loungers beckon. Lawns slope down from the far side of the pool to a 60m river frontage, edged with exotic palm fronds and coconut trees; the low wall encircling the gardens allows maximum views of the rice fields beyond.
The dining room is encased in glass folding doors which, when closed, project a more formal atmosphere. The room is dominated by a table crafted from a single block of aged teak wood, surrounded by 12 tall-backed cream upholstered chairs. A ceiling fan keeps the room cool and a lengthy lily pond runs alongside, featuring a water fountain and playful fish. A covered stone pathway links the dining room to a fully-equipped kitchen that is amply efficient yet homely in style.
Next to the pool and shaded by large green parasols, a slatted teak table and eight chairs form a sociable outdoor dining area – marvelous for sunny breakfasts, pool-side lunches or dining under the stars.
Modern villa with private pool and gorgeous gardens in Umalas, Indonesia Location and other villas and tours nearby
Modern villa with private pool and gorgeous gardens in Umalas, Indonesia is one of our
Indonesia Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Indonesia Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
Villa Surya Damai is located at the edge of the peaceful village of Umalas, one of a group of small rural communities that constitute the Kerobokan district, just north of bustling Seminyak. Umalas is home to a growing number of foreign-owned residences and traditional dwellings as well as the popular Umalas Equestrian Resort.
- To Umalas riding stables: 0.5km
- To Batubelig Beach: 2.5km
- To Canggu Club: 5km
- To Echo Beach: 8km
- To Petitenget Beach: 5km
- To Seminyak: 6km
- To International Airport: 25km
- To Nirwana Bali Golf Club/ Pura Tanah Lot: 20km
Activities / What to do there?
- Scuba Diving
- Jet Ski
- Local Culture
- Boating Sailing
- Water Skiing
- horse riding