Villa Sungai Tinggi offers a rare taste of traditional Balinese luxury. Meaning ‘High River’, this blissful four-bedroom villa sits on the banks of a small lagoon, where the river meets the sea, with over 100 metres of private beach frontage overlooking one of Canggu’s infamous surf breaks.
This admiration for the local environment extends to the villa’s magnificent tropical surroundings. Soft rolling lawns hug the landscape’s natural contours while a free-form 18-metre infinity swimming pool blends seamlessly with the ocean all the way to the horizon. Fragrant frangipanis and swaying coconut palms frame the garden amongst a sea of luscious green foliage to create a stunning and private oasis.
Perfect for families or groups of friends the villa’s abundance of space means there are plenty of places to unwind. Play a match on the tennis court, enjoy a massage in the garden balé, admire the sunset from the balcony or get together in the impressive living pavilion – you’re simply spoilt for choice.
If you do feel like venturing beyond the villa you can take advantage of the beach, right on your doorstep, which offers some of the island’s best surf. Or, if exploration and discovery’s more your thing, grab the villa’s car and driver and head for the majestic Mount Batukaru that beckons in the distance.
- A key ingredient of this oasis is the warm and friendly staff, many of whom reside in the local village. They have a strong attachment to the villa and clearly love taking care of its guests. From folding back your bed at night, preparing your bath with rose petals, manicuring the garden or cooking a delicious home-style meal, they will ensure your stay at Villa Sungai Tinggi is relaxing and truly memorable.
- Magnificent suar wood dining table (seating 14 people), small breakfast table, white synthetic rattan sofas adorned with brown and white batik cushions plus a wooden boat seat. To one side is a bar made from coconut shell with access to a barbecue for a more casual dining experience.
- Equipped kitchen
Modern and chic villa in Canggu-Indonesia with exquisite design and private pool Location and other villas and tours nearby
Modern and chic villa in Canggu-Indonesia with exquisite design and private pool is one of our
Indonesia Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Indonesia Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
Villa Sungai Tinggi is truly blessed in that it lies right on the beach near the seaside village of Pererenan on Bali’s south-west coast. Here guests can take a leisurely stroll, surf on one of the island’s best breaks or admire the fishermen in their brightly coloured jukungs hauling in the daily catch. In this traditional rural setting, away from the city lights, where daily offerings at the village temple and meticulous tending of rice fields are the norm, guests are privy to a real slice of local Bali life.
Distances from Sungai Tinggi
- Waterbom Theme Park: 21km
- Echo beach: 1km
- Denpasar Airport: 22km
- Seminyak: 10km
- Kuta: 15km
- Tanah Lot/ Nirwana Bali Golf Club: 10km
- Ubud: 32km
Activities / What to do there?
- Scuba Diving
- Jet Ski
- Local Culture
- Boating Sailing
- Water Skiing
Accommodation & Layout
Master suite and study
- This stunning master suite with adjoining study, alang-alang thatched roof and parquet floors is fit for a king or queen. Decorated with exquisite antiques, wall hangings, artefacts and paintings, it is obvious the owner has spent countless hours to make this room a special one. A four-poster king-size bed takes centre stage, with a wooden Buddha statue sitting strategically above the bed head casting its protective eyes over sleeping guests. Wooden framed glass doors open onto a patio to take in the sea breeze and the sound of crashing waves.
- The adjoining study (which can be converted to an extra bedroom if required) is the perfect den for locking oneself away to read a book from the library, watch a movie on the flat-screen TV or write home to friends and family. The study comes with its own bathroom which can also be accessed by other guests from the main living area.
Downstairs guest bedrooms
- Two guest bedrooms open out onto the garden, where a life-size model of a cow (a prized family possession acquired at a charity fundraiser), decorated with a scene from a traditional barong dance, peacefully grazes. Both rooms are light and airy and feature gorgeous whitewashed teak four-poster king-size beds decorated with crisp white linens and batik cushions that contrast nicely against the parquet floors.
Upstairs guest bedroom
- Accessed via a wooden staircase and through a second study, the third guest bedroom is a private and romantic space, furnished with a whitewashed teak four- poster king-size bed. From the semi-open ensuite bathroom with its Palimanan stone shower guests are treated to sneaky views of the neighbouring rice fields.
- Baby cot
- High chair
- Pool toys
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- 18m x 5m pool
- Phone available for local calls
- 2 satellite TV and DVD players
- Stereo system with iPod dock in living pavilion
- iPod dock in all bedrooms
- Car with driver on standby for up to 8 hours 9AM to 5PM
- Shared tennis court
- Back-up generator
- 4 mountain bikes
- 3 cooks
- 4 housekeepers
- 3 gardeners
- 3 security guards
What we can arrange for you
Near by tours and activities