Completed in 1990, Villa Shamira was the second western-design villa to be built in Canggu village. Back then, the property had open views across endless rice fields all the way to the black-sand beach. Despite inevitable development – no doubt accelerated by its proximity to world-class surf and to hip, vibrant Seminyak – Canggu is still a peaceful seaside community.
Villa Shamira is not just another Bali rental property or showcase villa; rather it is a genuine family residence that has evolved with the local community over the years and now offers an idyllic home-from-home holiday experience for extended families and groups of friends. Well-thumbed books line shelves, original photos hang on the walls and long-serving local staff welcome guests warmly: you can almost sense the years of laughter and happiness reverberating throughout the house.
This four- bedroom residence (plus additional lumbung bedroom), set in lush tropical gardens, belies its age and has been thoughtfully updated with modern comforts and luxuries as it has matured. Contemporary tropical Asian influences – timelessly stylish yet informal and comfortable – complement the villa’s solid western architecture. There are so many inviting indoor–outdoor living spaces at Shamira, including several dining areas, hidden patios and a poolside balé (gazebo), that it’s quite a challenge to fully enjoy them all.
These, along with its charming bedrooms and a centre-stage 12m swimming pool surrounded by a sociably- sized stone pool deck, make Villa Shamira ideal for entertaining in style and lounging in luxurious comfort.
- The pretty, natural stone, 6 x 12m swimming pool dominates the garden to the rear of the villa; its submerged ledge just made for sunset drinks. A generous stone pool deck is furnished with five rattan sun-loungers. To the right, four woven rattan pod chairs and a large table are stunningly illuminated at night by a spherical lantern resembling a golden moon.
- Facing the pool, a marble-floored dining area with a low sloping white timber roof above a long wooden table for ten, affords a boathouse effect.
- Modern corner kitchen, fully-fitted with white painted wood cabinets, which is compact, yet well-equipped.
Idyllic villa with impressive design and private pool in Canggu, Indonesia Location and other villas and tours nearby
Idyllic villa with impressive design and private pool in Canggu, Indonesia is one of our
Indonesia Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Indonesia Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
Villa Shamira is located on a small lane straddling two beach roads. A pleasant stroll of under ten minutes along either road brings you to Canggu Beach. The road to the left (Jalan Batu Balong) takes you to Canggu Beach ‘proper,’ frequented mostly by locals, especially at dusk, and providing only simple food outlets. However, just before you reach the beach, you’ll find the divine Hotel Tugu, one of Bali’s most celebrated hotels, with excellent restaurants and a fascinating and charming bar area.
Distances from the Shamira:
- To Echo Beach: 0.2km
- To Canggu Club: 3km
- To Seminyak: 7km To Kuta: 15km
- To Nirwana Bali Golf Club/ Tanah Lot: 17km
- To Denpasar International Airport: 28km
- To Ubud: 45km
Activities / What to do there?
- Scuba Diving
- Jet Ski
- Local Culture
- Boating Sailing
- Water Skiing
Accommodation & Layout
- The master bedroom is reminiscent of a romantic boudoir in a French chateau– incorporating both bedroom and sitting areas. It features teak floors, a walk-in wardrobe and a wrought-iron four-poster bed, flanked by matching baby cot, also draped with mosquito netting. The large, flat-screen TV (for DVDs only) can be viewed from the bed or from the white suede sofas and armchair. The indulgent ensuite bathroom includes a vanity area and raised free-standing bathtub. Doors from here lead out onto a private patio area with rattan furniture, prettily edged with bougainvillea and potted plants – a lovely spot for breakfast.
Bedrooms Two and Three
- Perhaps more ‘English country cottage’ than ‘French Chateau’ in ambiance, bedrooms two and three, like the master, lead off from a cosy, purple-hued first floor landing. Bedroom two is the larger of the pair. Both rooms share a small bathroom with shower.
Bedroom Four – The Garden room
- The appropriately named garden room is surrounded by leafy foliage. Glass-encased, and with distressed wood floors, sunlit bedroom four has a contemporary Asian feel; however the ensuite bathroom with walk-in rain shower does include a trademark chandelier! Doors at the far side lead out to the pool deck, while doors at the front open onto a stone patio with a table and four chairs.
Extra Bedroom – The Lumbung room
- Villa Shamira offers an extra bedroom, designed to resemble a Balinese rice barn, or lumbung, with wooden floors, a high ceiling and narrow doors, plus a miniscule but divine balcony overlooking the pool, furnished with a vintage rocking chair and armchair. This room does not have an ensuite bathroom but guests can use the glorious, tropical bathroom adjacent to the living and dining area. Crafted entirely from Palimanan stone, this semi-open bathroom boasts an indulgent, sunken stone bathtub and expansive, open-air tropical rain shower.
- Safety fence for pool
- Baby cots
- High chair
- Pool toys
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- 6 x 12m pool
- 2 mobile phones for local calls
- WiFi internet access
- 40-inch flat-screen TV and DVD–CD player
- iPod Dock
- CD stereo system with Bose speakers
- DVD and book library
- CDs and board games.
- Seven-seater car plus driver for eight hours (exclude petrol)
- Canggu Club guest membership.
- One part-time manager
- One head housekeeper
- Three cooks–housekeepers
- One maintenance man–gardener
- One driver
- Two security guards.
What we can arrange for you
Near by tours and activities