Rara Avis is located on an over-sized lot in the southwest corner of Hart Bay, which is 1/4 mile east of Great Cruz Bay, on the south coast of St. John. The setting gives this villa an excellent degree of privacy and tranquility. You park above the great house and descend a stone stairway into a sheltered garden courtyard on the leeward side of the great house. The upper level of the great house contains the great room with the living, dining and kitchen areas, plus a half bath, and a laundry room.
In the great room you'll find native stonework, exposed beam cathedral ceilings, terra cotta tiled floors, bamboo furniture, and native artwork. On the south side of the great house is a 450 sq/ft tiled sun deck where the views are magnificent. The pool and its sun deck are in a garden setting in front of the west cabana. In addition to the pool's sun deck there are four other private sun decks including two off the great house, and one off each cabana. The three buildings and the pool are connected by courtyards, gardens and walkways.
The living and dining rooms have been artistically finished to look like the interior of a centuries old Spanish or Italian villa. They are furnished with a combination of antiques and designer furniture that blends comfort with function. From either room screened sliding glass doors open to warm breezes, a spacious deck and sweeping views of the south shore National Park. A cable 32 inch flat screen TV/DVD, an AM/FM stereo/CD with iPod connection and wireless internet are provided.
- Rara is the last villa on a private drive so there is no vehicle traffic or noise; the only sound you'll hear in this villa is the music of small waves breaking on the beach below you and the music on your iPod. It is blessedly peaceful and quiet, yet only minutes from Cruz Bay. Rara is truly a place where you are indulged with the basic elements of Caribbean life!
- The sun, sea, moonlit sky, lush vegetation and the trade winds are lovely. The house faces southeast and the sun shines on your decks from early morning to late in the afternoon.
The complete kitchen includes a 4 burner stove and oven, refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, blender, coffee maker, toaster and a fine selection of dinnerware, cookware, and server ware. There is a gas barbeque grill in the courtyard.
Hart Bay Beachfront Luxury Pool Villa Location and other villas and tours nearby
Hart Bay Beachfront Luxury Pool Villa is one of our
US Virgin Islands Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
US Virgin Islands Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
- Distance to Beach: 0 min, Hart Bay
- Distance to Town: 8 min, Cruz Bay
- Distance to Airport: 10 min, Cruz Bay Ferry
- Golf: No
- St. John villas reveal the beauty of St. John island. St. John, just nine miles long and located just 20 minutes ride from St. Thomas, is unique; featuring protected U.S. Virgin Island National park throughout its lush landscapes. St. John villas provide escape into an almost endless string of picturesque coves and powder-soft white sand beaches. St. John villa rentals are ideal for nature lovers who prefer having a villa in pristine surroundings. Many hillside St. John villas feature endless views of nearby islands creating a stunningly beautiful seascape. St. John’s vacation rentals reveal its green mountains, thick rain forests, colorful reefs, white sand beaches, clear blue waters and ever-blooming flowers, all bathed in an atmosphere of pleasant tropical sounds and fragrances. St. John villa rentals offer villa vacations for the most discerning of clients, exemplified in the prestigious St. John villa community known as Peter Bay Estates. This exclusive enclave features the most desirable luxury villas (Peter Bay Beach House, Hakuna Matata, Coco De Mer, and Sea Cove), found anywhere in the Caribbean. Travelers to St. John must visit the famous North Shore beaches: Hawknest Beach, Trunk Bay, Caneel Bay, and Cinnamon Bay. Discerning St. John villa rental clients may wish to visit the following St. John villas if seeking a great value in their villa rental home: Le Chateau, Crow’s Nest, or Sea Turtle.
Activities / What to do there?
The beautiful 180 degree view sweeps from north to south and takes in most of the south coast of St John, much of which is unspoiled National Park. A short walk down a private path leads to the 83 degree crystal clear waters of Hart Bay Beach, where on a calm day you'll enjoy some good snorkeling or swimming. It's about a 2 mile drive into the restaurants, shopping and nightlife in Cruz Bay, and about a mile to the restaurants and spa at the Westin Resort.
Accommodation & Layout
- Bedding: 2 Queens, 2 Twins (convert to King)
- Rara consists of three distinct buildings, a 2-level stone great house, plus a master bedroom cabana on the left (east) and another on the right (west) side of the great house.
- Two sets of exterior stairs lead down to the two bedrooms, shared bath and deck on the lower level of the great house.
- The two bedrooms cabanas (queen beds) are spacious (370 sq/ft) and each offers excellent privacy, lovely views and an intimate setting.
- Each cabana includes a tiled bath and a private deck or patio that is perfect for morning coffee and other quiet moments.
- The two guest bedrooms (twins that convert to a king) are located on the lower level of the great house and also offer romantic ocean views.
- The lower level guest bedrooms share a bath, and a 1/2 bath is located off the kitchen in the great house.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Beachfront - Hart Bay
- Internet - WiFi
- Ceiling Fans
- Pool Toys
- Coffee Maker
- Dish Washer
What we can arrange for you
Do you want the best car rental rates available? Of course you do! With over 20 years of experience, our concierge team is ready to secure any one of a wide range of vehicles for your party, at rates you won't find anywhere else! We offer the best selection of reliable vehicles, luxury vehicles, scooters, boats and more! Transfer & Arrival Escorts Meet and Greet Pre-stocking Villa with Food Door to Door Luggage Delivery Private Chef Services Massage & Spa Treatments Car Rentals Childcare Services Tours and activities
Detailed Rate Information
- Apr 14th, 2012
- Apr 14th, 2012
- Apr 14th, 2012
- Nov 21st, 2012
- Dec 27th, 2012
- Dec 14th, 2012
- Dec 14th, 2012
- Dec 14th, 2012
- Nov 29th, 2012
- Jan 2nd, 2013
Terms & Conditions
- Check In Time: 3 PM
- Check Out Time: 11 AM
- 10.00% Tax (not included in rates)
- 5.00% Service Charge (not included in rates)
- US $500.00 Security Deposit
- Actual exchange rate may vary
- All rates and villa details are subject to change without notice
- Rates are based on double occupancy unless otherwise noted
Near by tours and activities