On a hilltop high in the hills of Umbria is a small, luxurious country house with huge bedrooms, magnificent views and first-class cuisine. Palazzo La Gemma is a splendidly restored palazzo looking out over an idyllic, rustic scene that has changed little since the original owners gazed out from their villa's romantic balconies in the late 17th century. Here in the most poetic of Italian landscapes the good life still reigns. If yours is a larger group, there is also Villa Piccola Gemma, a lovely self-catering villa for 8. Indulge yourself to your heart's content in this small luxury hotel. Eight of the hotel's exquisite rooms are decorated in colors influenced by the 15th century painter Piero della Francesca, and their names are inspired by Italian operas and their characters.
- Swim in the sublime panoramic pool, unwind with massage or pamper yourself with aromatic beauty treatments in the spa, relax in soft sensuous robes in your spacious suite.
- The in-house spa can provide a health consultant or personal trainer and offers a range of massages and beauty treatments.
Dine on Umbria's outstanding food and wine served at the hotel's private, romantic restaurant, this hotel will soothe your soul and kindle your spirit.
Umbria Countryside Rental with Private Pool - Palazzo La Gemma Location and other villas and tours nearby
Umbria Countryside Rental with Private Pool - Palazzo La Gemma is one of our
Italy Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Italy Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
Activities / What to do there?
- Along the ridge above the palazzo is a forest track where you can walk or ride on horseback, enjoying views as far as Monte Acuto and Monte Subasio (above Assisi.)
- The other activities that you can enjoy are private cooking classes, truffle hunting, wine tasting, biking, hiking, watercolor painting classes, golf, tennis and much more....
Accommodation & Layout
- La Boheme has a canopied super-king-sized bed, is perfect for honeymooners.
- La Traviata comprises the bedroom with super-king-sized 4-poster bed, an adjoining dressing room, and a large en suite bathroom. Every bedroom and sitting room is delightful, luxurious, and unique, with large windows to let in the glorious sunshine of Umbria. Most beds are super-king-size; some are four-posters, while others can be separated into twin beds. Most bathrooms have twin basins, a bidet, a power shower and a separate tub, all of the highest quality.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Swimming pool
- Reading library
- Cooling fans in bedrooms
- Free WiFi connection
- Flat screen TV in TV room
- Ipod docking station
- DVD player
- Heated 7 seat jacuzzi
- Fitness centre
- Gym room
- Spa, massage room
- Basic Flower Decoration
What we can arrange for you
- If you would like the services of an excellent, English-speaking trekking and mountain biking guide, we can contact Giovanni in San Sepolcro.
- Aperitif - From € 15.00 to € 25.00
- Menu Buffet - From € 35.00 to € 55.00
- Three Course Gourmet Dinner - € 50.00
- Four Course Gourmet Dinner - € 65.00
- Five Course Gourmet Dinner - € 80.00
Detailed Rate Information
- Low Season - Daily rate - € 3000.00 - Weekly rate - € 15,000.00
- Middle Season - Daily Rate - € 4000.00 - Weekly rate - € 25,000.00
- High Season - Daily Rate - € 5000.00 - Weekly rate - € 30,000.00
Terms & Conditions
Palazzo La Gemma will hold credit card authorization, taken at the time of booking, to the value of 20% of the total holiday/event price, to serve as a security deposit against any damages caused by its clients to the interior or exterior of the property. It is Palazzo Terranova owner or its representative to check the accommodation with the client on the day of departure and in the unlikely event of any damage, to agree and settle any recompense due on the spot. Palazzo Terranova is not responsible for any loss, damage and/or expense caused by its clients. In the event of a dispute or if Palazzo Terranova owner or its representative only discovers damage caused by its client once the client has departed the property, he should contact the client no later than 10 working days.
Near by tours and activities