This is a picture perfect restored Italian mill, dating back as far as the 15th century, located in a verdant valley surrounded by nature, with the peace only interrupted by the gentle movement of a shallow brook alongside the garden. The Mulino Fresco is surrounded by an extensive park of cypress and oak trees whilst this is in turn surrounded by classic Chianti wine country, in particular the world renowned Brolio vineyards run by the Ricasoli family, a name synonymous with this region.
This property is attractively furnished throughout with antiques, a rustic kitchen and dining room with tiled floors, whilst the elegant living room has French doors to the garden. There is a large fireplace built into the wall between the kitchen and living room, which once lit, heats both rooms. In the summer however the thick stone walls surrounding the house keep the rest of the building wonderfully cool.
- There is also a large 'barn' area, shielded from the sun alongside the brook, this is a perfect place for dining al fresco and relaxing in the evenings.
- A Private 12m x 6m swimming pool (max depth 2,40m, open May-Sept) will keep your kids busy at all times.
- The brook that passes alongside the garden is approximately 1.5-2 feet deep and adds to the beauty of the villa.
The villa has a a rustic kitchen and dining room with tiled floors.
Luxurious Tuscany Pool Villa - Mulino Fresco Location and other villas and tours nearby
Luxurious Tuscany Pool Villa - Mulino Fresco is one of our
Italy Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Italy Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
Gaiole in Chianti,
Activities / What to do there?
- The nearest town is the beautiful Lucignano in Chianti, approximately one mile away.
- The towns of Monti and Pianella nearby have a post office, gas station, grocers and other services.
- There is also a pleasant Saturday market in Radda in Chianti, further points of interest at Brolio Castle (Castello di Brolio) and the Abbey 'Abbazia di Monte Oliveto Maggiore' .
- Siena is also an easy drive, whilst Montalcino, San Gimignano and Arezzo are about an hour away.
- Closer to home, the history and character of this charming restored Italian villa is also slowly being revealed, the original mill stones in the basement having been recently discovered.
Accommodation & Layout
Main House :
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- Guest bathroom
- Guest shower room
- Double bedroom
First Floor :
- Large attic style room with one double and two single beds with a small balcony overlooking the garden. Please note the stairs to this room are quite steep, so not suited for the elderly or infirm.
- Annex for 2 additional people on request.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- ADSL internet
- Private 12m x 6m swimming pool
What we can arrange for you
- Maid service on request.
- Chef services.
- Pool heating €100.
- Winter heating.
- Air-conditioned garden annex available for 2 extra people at an additional supplement of £320 per week.
- Annex air-conditioning €70 per week.
Near by tours and activities