The Maharaj appears understated and compact (covering 1,100sqm), but you’ll find this bijou familyoriented holiday villa worth its weight in gold during your Island of the God’s sojourn.
Off a peaceful cul-de-sac in the chic urban village of Petitenget, narrow wooden entrance doors lead through to sweet tropical gardens and an utterly charming four-bedroom villa. In this peaceful hideaway, you are immediately embraced like one of the family.
All modern comforts are supplied, such as two flat-screen TVs and DVDs, sound system, and shaded, free-form 12m pool, but there is a refreshing lack of pretentiousness and superfluous adornments. Sunlight-drenched interiors focus on comfort and are furnished in a simple yet tasteful style.
The gorgeous 12 x 4m free-form pool – shaded by aged frangipani trees and coconut palms and overseen by a serene Buddha statue adorned daily with flower garlands – contains a shallow kid’s section and is surrounded by a timbered deck with four sun-loungers, as well as rattan table and chairs: perfect for afternoon tea or sundowners. On the left of the pool is an out-in-the-elements shower and on the right the balé, which contains two massage beds for relaxing treatments in a blissful poolside setting.
- The dining area features a no-frills, long wooden dining table seating up to ten.
- Behind mirrored sliding doors are the simple yet well-equipped kitchen – open-sided at one end and cooled by ceiling fan.
Beautiful villa with privileged location and private pool in Seminyak, Indonesia Location and other villas and tours nearby
Beautiful villa with privileged location and private pool in Seminyak, Indonesia is one of our
Indonesia Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Indonesia Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
The Maharaj is located in Petitenget – on Seminyak‘s northern fringes – and is one of the most popular locations in Bali: a fast emerging, chic urban village but one that can still yield scenes of Balinese local life. Tucked down a sleepy cul-de-sac, the villa rests amongst similar luxury holiday villa neighbours.
Petitenget beach is conveniently situated just a few minutes’ walk away: this quiet stretch of sand and pounding surf is more laid-back than the more bustling Seminyak, Legian and Kuta beaches further south.
As well as great surfing, these beaches provide some of the premier spots to enjoy Bali’s celebrated sunsets. Opposite the beach entrance, Pura Dalem Petitenget is one of the island’s most revered temples.
Activities / What to do there?
- Scuba Diving
- Jet Ski
- Local Culture
- Boating Sailing
- Water Skiing
Accommodation & Layout
- The villa’s largest bedroom is located on the ground floor of the double-storey accommodation wing. Three glass patio doors provide direct pool access and approximately half of the room is encased in floor-to-ceiling windows. The master room is furnished with a king-size double bed, ottoman and built-in wooden cupboards, while a walk-through wardrobe leads to the indoor bathroom. This stylish room features his n’ hers galvanized aluminum wash basins on a wooden counter, a stand-alone ceramic bathtub and solid stone pieces used as mini-tables. Glass doors lead to a rejuvenating outdoor rain shower with timbered deck.
- A wooden staircase from the ground-floor leads to the first-floor bedroom and interconnecting nanny or child’s room. Both rooms share an extended timbered deck area. Overlooking the pool and providing two comfy armchairs, this deck makes a pleasant spot to relax, especially at sunset. The upstairs guest bedroom has three patio doors; two of which allow private access to a veranda. Again, this room features a king-size bed, ottoman and walk-through wardrobe leading to an indoor–outdoor bathroom similar in style to that of the master bedroom but without a tub.
- Small and functional, the nanny or child’s room provides one single bed. This room interconnects with the upstairs guest bedroom via the walk-through wardrobe, allowing shared bathroom access.
- Cottage bedroom one features a queen-size bed, small desk and wardrobe. Glass doors lead through to an open-sided bathroom with single galvanized aluminum wash basin and walk-in glass cubicle with rain shower.
- The slightly larger cottage bedroom two features a queen-size bed and walk-in wardrobe. Glass doors lead through to a generous-sized, open-sided bathroom, edged with high walls, tropical plants and bamboo blinds – part covered with split-rattan ceiling. This features two raised ceramic sinks, a lengthy marble table and an open-air rain shower on a stone deck.
- Pool toys
- Baby cot
- High chair
- Board games
- Kid’s menu
- DVDs and pool section
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Free-form pool 12 x 4m, with shallow kid’s section
- WiFi internet access
- 2 satellite TVs
- 2 DVD players
- Stereo CD sound system with iPod dock
- DVD and book library
- 2 massage beds
- One full-time manager
- One villa supervisor
- One chef
- Two housekeepers
- One gardener
- Three security guards.
What we can arrange for you
- Spa menu for outsourced spa services
Near by tours and activities