Once just a small picturesque fishing village, Cascais (pronounced 'Kesh-kaysh'), 19 miles (30km) west of Lisbon, has exploded into one of the most bustling, sophisticated holiday resorts on the Portuguese Riviera. It retains its laid-back atmosphere, however, and the local fishermen still ply their trade and auction their catch on the main square.
- Cascais town now hosts a plethora of elegant shops, bars and eateries set around colourful cobblestone walkways, to cater for the holidaymakers, and besides the lovely local beaches there are some sightseeing opportunities.
- A beautiful countryside holiday destination with amazing views.
- Cascais is renowned for its quality dining, drawing gourmets from Lisbon and nearby Estoril. The main restaurant strip of Cascais is the walk-through Rua Frederico Arouca, and the lively Largo Luis de Camoes. Here you will find a wide choice of eateries, most with outside areas, from cafes to traditional taverns, serving both local fare and international cuisine.
- Fish restaurants abound; be warned it is said that one should not eat fish in Portugal on Mondays, because fishermen do not go to sea on Sundays! Specialities of the Estoril coast are fish stew, sole, dried codfish, lobster and crab.
- Spicy chicken dishes are also popular. Enjoy the reasonably priced good local wines. Popular restaurants in Cascais include the Michelin-starred Fortaleza do Guincho, and the local seafood at Restaurante B and B.
8 Bedroom Luxury Villa in Quinta da Marinha Location and other villas and tours nearby
8 Bedroom Luxury Villa in Quinta da Marinha is one of our
Portugal Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Portugal Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
Between city and nature, between the beach and the mountain, Hotel Quinta da Marinha Resort - located in the excellent area of Cascais / Sintra, a mere 25 km from Lisbon - is the perfect setting to feel like all your wishes always come true. Discover one of the finest Resorts in Portugal.
How To Get There
From Lisbon take the A5 motorway for Cascais until the very end of the road and then follow the traffic into Birre and to Torre. Then follow the signs to Quinta da Marinha and the actual course. From Cascais take the coastal road west to Guincho. After leaving Cascais you will find Quinta da Marinha on the right hand side and the directional sign for the course.
Activities / What to do there?
- Whether you are just passing through, or here to stay, Cascais on the west coast of Portugal, has something for everyone.
- It’s warm climate and enviable location on the Atlantic coast, close to Lisbon, a beautiful and vibrant capital city, means that the region really does have it all.
- From Guincho, one of Europe’s best beaches and a favourite for surfers, to the mountains and palaces of Sintra, great golf, charming five star hotels, luxury spas, or fun beach bars, Europe’s most westerly point caters to all tastes and to all budgets.
Accommodation & Layout
8 suites, on a plot of 2290 m2, develops:
- Three floors in two rooms
- Two offices
- Eight toilets
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
Staff and several amenities can be included:
- Outdoor and indoor pool
- Turkish bath
- Jacuzzi for five people
- Laundry and garage for eight cars,etc.
What we can arrange for you
Several tours and golf packages.
Detailed Rate Information
Near by tours and activities