This villa in Dordogne is a beautifully refurbished, traditional 17th century Perigordian house in a wonderful position on the banks of the river Dordogne, with views of the river from most rooms and 200 metres of wooded river-front overlooking the Siorac bridge. Before the bridge was built, this historic property served as the toll-post for the ferry crossing the river. The owners have refurbished the villa to a very high standard, providing modern comforts whilst carefully retaining the original character, features and charm.
- Le Noyer is extremely well situated for visiting all the most delightful places.
- Le Noyer is set in 5 acres of grounds a short distance from Siorac, which offers a selection of shops, restaurants and bars.
It has a kitchen with dining area.
4 Bedroom Dordogne Rental - Le Noyer Location and other villas and tours nearby
4 Bedroom Dordogne Rental - Le Noyer is one of our
France Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
France Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
Activities / What to do there?
- Le Noyer is set in 5 acres of grounds a short distance from Siorac, which offers a selection of shops, restaurants and bars. Just down the lane that leads to the villa runs a quaint single track railway. Four trains per day chug along this line, adding a touch of authentic French charm which will delight children and adults alike.
- If you fancy leaving the car behind one day, you could jump on board at Siorac and take a short ride to Sarlat, a lively little town with a beautifully preserved medieval district in the centre: you'll find plenty of restaurants here and if you come on a Saturday morning the market will be in full swing.
- In fact Le Noyer is extremely well situated for visiting all the most delightful places that this region is rightly famous for, such as the innumerable caves (grottes) with their ancient wall paintings and amazing stalagmites and stalagtites, the chateaux and villages of Beynac and Domme, and the little bastide towns of Montpazier, Belves and Villereal.
- There are a number of famous gardens nearby such as Erignac and Marqueyssac, and if you head towards Bergerac you can drive past acres and acres of vineyards and sample some local wines. There are plenty of cafés and restaurants in this area, as well as shops selling local specialities such as foie gras and chestnut cakes. There are sports galore in this area: canoeing & kayaking on the Dordogne, hot-air ballooning, cycling & mountain biking, golf, horse-riding, tennis, ultra light airplanes, rock climbing and birdwatching.
- Fishing enthusiasts can purchase a licence from the village 'bar-tabac'. When you reach home at the end of an exhilarating day, what better way to unwind than to enjoy some late sunshine by the heated pool, glass of local wine in hand, at this exceptional villa in the Dordogne.
Accommodation & Layout
- Double bedroom (1.60m), ensuite shower room, WC.
- Guest WC
- Library/reading area
- Master double bedroom (1.80m) with river view; ensuite bathroom (Jacuzzi) and walk-in, multiple-jet shower, WC
- Double bedroom (1.60m), river view
- Twin/single bedroom (0.90m single bed with additional pull-out bed which can become a twin or double)
- Separate shower room
- Separate WC
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- 3 hours midweek maid service.
- WiFi internet.
- Use of kayak (by local agreement depending on river conditions)
What we can arrange for you
- Pool heating €110 per week from mid June to mid September.
- Winter heating €95 per week.
Near by tours and activities