This luxury villa is great for your stay in Sicily, South Italy: within easy reach of Sicily toppers like Palermo, Monreale and Segasta, Masseria Pernice is a first choice for your luxury holiday accommodation.
This impressive aristocrat villa lies on a 135 hectare estate of vineyards, olive groves and pastureland. Built at the beginning of the 20th century, this classic Sicily-style vacation rental has a picturesque internal courtyard with cobblestones and walls covered with blooming bougainvillea, jasmine, roses and geraniums, creating a welcoming and homely atmosphere.
The reception hall/lounge with TV gives access to a splendid garden, set against hills covered with pines and eucalypti. Here you’ll find a large swimming pool where you can stay cool in the heat of summer, as well as a shady patio and an area where you can have barbeques.
While all the apartments of this Sicily holiday rental are equipped with private cooking facilities, guests at Masseria Pernice can also count on the services of a cook who will prepare tasty Italian dishes on request. Her professional kitchen is also the place where cookery courses are organized for those who are interested in learning everything about the delicious Sicily cuisine, and where catering can be prepared for all your business events, parties or family reunions near Palermo.
Large Sicilia holiday villa - Masseria Pernice Location and other villas and tours nearby
Large Sicilia holiday villa - Masseria Pernice is one of our
Italy Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Italy Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
- Palermo: 40 km/ 24,8 miles
- Airport: 45 km/27,9 miles
- Nearest beach: Balestrate, at 39 km/24,2 miles
- Shop, market and pharmacy: in the nearby towns of San Giuseppe Jato, San Cipirrello and Camporeale- 8 km/ 4,9 miles
Activities / What to do there?
The luxury Sicily villa Masseria Pernice is conveniently located for visits to Palermo and for those who want to discover the rich artistic, natural and archeological heritage of the area.
- Monreale, with its magnficent Norman cathedral is just 33 km (15 min) away.
- Segesta, with its imposing Doric temple and fabulous sea views is 41 km away. In summer the temple becomes the stage of several concerts and plays.
- The long, sandy beach of Balestrate is also close by, offering private as well as equipped beaches where you can relax and enjoy the sun.
- The nearby town of San Giuseppe Jato, which takes its name from the river that runs through the valley to the sea, was founded by an ancestor of the proprietor. Archaeological explorations have uncovered Greek and Roman remains of an agora, an amphitheatre, a temple to Athena and a house with courtyard.
- An hour’s drive will take you to Selinunte (57km), home to the most extensive archeological park in Europe, and magnficient beaches in the Riserva del Belice. There are also several restaurants renowned for their excellent fish and seafood.
- The curious might also want to visit Piana degli Albanesi, known for its ancient community of Albanians who have maintained their Greek orthodox religion, traditions and language. The most interesting time to visit it is during the Holy Week, when you can see locals taking part in the religious celebrations dressed in ancient costumes that have been handed down over centuries.
Accommodation & Layout
Masseria Pernice can sleep up to 12 persons in four apartments that all face the main farmhouse. All these charming units have been entirely restored in a beautiful style inspired by bio-architecture and decorated with family heirlooms, Sicilian ceramics and antique prints.
Accommodation with access to the courtyard:
Accommodation on the upper floor:
- La Casina della Caccia (double bedroom, small living area with cooking facilities; bathroom with shower)
- La Casina dei Fiori (double bedroom, twin bedroom, bathroom with bathtub, living/dining room with fireplace, small kitchen)
All apartments have heating, air conditioning, fridge-bar, cooking facilities and TV.
- La Casina delle Piume (double bed room; large bathroom with bathtub)
- La Casina delle Papere (double bedroom, twin bedroom, bathroom with bathtub)
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Washing machine
- Air conditioning / heating
- DVD Player
- SKY - pay TV
- Final cleaning
- General consumption
- Private parking
- Daily maid service on request
- Change linen twice per week
- First grocery service
- Property caretaker
- Welcome dinner on request
What we can arrange for you
- Cleaning / Maid Services
- 1st day Groceries
- Guests Welcome
Near by tours and activities