A charming French villa for families set in 20 acres of vineyards with far reaching views. It is a carefully restored old French farmhouse with typical low beamed ceilings, antique furniture, paintings and tapestries. The stone walls and terracotta floor tiles add to its cosy farmhouse atmosphere.
- This charming French villa for families has been tastefully furnished and is well maintained by its conscientious owners.
- It would make an excellent base for a superb holiday.
It has a kitchen with dining area.
French Villa for Families - La Vieille Ferme Location and other villas and tours nearby
French Villa for Families - La Vieille Ferme is one of our
France Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
France Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Activities / What to do there?
- The local village of Saussignac just 1 mile away, has a restaurant, bakery and post office. A wider selection of amenities can be found in the market town of Ste Foy la Grande. The delights of the river Dordogne are just minutes away and the surrounding countryside is ideal for country walks, horse riding and golf.
- The nearby Chateau de Montbazillac is well worth visiting, and there are numerous attractive medieval bastides (walled towns) in the area such as Issigeac and also Eymet, where evening markets are held in July and August.
- For a change of scene there is a karting centre and aqua park at nearby Bergerac. This area is also well known for its Perigourdian restaurants - local specialities include patés and foie gras, truffles and walnuts.
- This truly is wine country, however, with hillsides covered in vineyards in every direction, and there are plenty of opportunities to taste some of the famous wines of the Aquitaine region.
Accommodation & Layout
- Double bedroom (1.80m 4-poster bed), ensuite bathroom with corner bath & WC, door to covered terrace.
- Twin/double bedroom (2 x 0.90m or 1 x 1.80m), ensuite wet room with WC.
- Private suite consisting of small living room (TV/DVD), day bed/sofa (for 7th person), door to rear terrace and stairs to first floor double bedroom, dressing room, balcony windows with lovely country views, ensuite bathroom, WC.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Pool heating in July and August.
- TV/Video/ CD
What we can arrange for you
- Winter heating
- Wood for wood burner
- Maid service not available
- No telephone / no internet
Near by tours and activities