Dating from the 16th century, this charming family villa was once the centre of a Cognac estate. Now refurbished and converted into a spacious child-friendly home with badminton and table tennis, its position on a hillside in the southern Charente is perfect for touring the pretty towns, Romanesque churches and vineyards of the region.
- The Charente claims to have among the most hours of sun in France, and the Atlantic coast has wonderful stretches of sandy beach.
- With its large private pool and enclosed lawn, this Charentes family villa is ideal for a relaxing holiday.
It has a kitchen with dining room.
Family Rental in France - La Forge Location and other villas and tours nearby
Family Rental in France - La Forge is one of our
France Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
France Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Activities / What to do there?
- The beautiful town of Cognac is just 45 mins away, while the elegant port town of Bordeaux is only an hour's drive.
- La Rochelle, offering boat trips to the islands of Oléron and Ré, is less than 2 hours' drive.
- The nearby village of Brossac has local shops.
- Just 10 minutes away, Chalais and Barbezieux-St-Hilaire each have an impressive chateau and weekly markets.
Accommodation & Layout
Two staircases to split level first floor :
- Family bedroom (1.60m double and 0.90m single), French doors to garden, ensuite shower room .
- Guest WC.
- Family bedroom (1.40m double & 0.90m single), adjacent private bathroom , WC.
- Family bedroom , (1.60m double & 0.90m single), ensuite shower room , WC.
- Family bedroom (1.60m 4-poster bed & 0.90m single), ensuite shower room , WC.
- 2 twin bedrooms (0.90m) share family bathroom , WC.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- 2 hours maid service on Wednesdays
- One hour per day use of Sauna
- Pool towels
- WiFi internet
Near by tours and activities