Built in the traditional style of the Pays d’Auge, La Cavaliere is a working stud farm and racing stable near the delightful Normandy town of Pont l’Eveque. Dating back to the 14th century, the attractive chequered brickwork of the main house, and adjoining timber framed buildings lend a charming cottage appeal to this spacious manor house. Inside, many original features have been beautifully restored.
- A perfect family villa for a relaxing holiday in Normandy.
- Anyone who appreciates style, luxury and comfort will certainly be more than satisfied with this villa.
It has one main and one small kitchen with dining area.
Accommodation & Layout
- Double bedroom (1.40m) (TV), ensuite shower room, WC.
- Family suite with double bedroom (1.40m) (TV) leading to further twin bedroom (0.90m), ensuite bathroom, WC.
3 separate staircases lead to the first floor:
- Master double bedroom (canopy bed), ensuite bathroom, WC.
- Two twin bedrooms (0.90m) each with ensuite bathroom, WC.
- Single bedroom (0.90m), ensuite shower room, WC.
- Double bedroom (1.40m), ensuite bathroom, WC.
- Twin bedroom (0.90m), ensuite bathroom WC
- Double bedroom (1.40m), ensuite bathroom WC.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- 3 hours mid week maid service
- Wi-Fi internet
- Pool heating
- TV, CD
What we can arrange for you
- Wood for fires €50 per week
- Winter heating €200 per week
Normandy Pool Villa - La Cavaliere Location and other villas and tours nearby
Normandy Pool Villa - La Cavaliere is one of our
France Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
France Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Activities / What to do there?
- Whilst there are local restaurants and village amenities within 2 to 3 miles, the larger town of Pont l' Eveque has a variety of shops and restaurants just 4 miles away.
- Deauville has a delightful promenade, sandy beach, Thalassatherapy centre, casino and fantastic seafood restaurants.
- This part of Normandy is an area of beautiful green dairy pastures, the foundation of Normandy’s famed dairy industry producing the finest creams, butters and cheeses including the delicious Pont l’Eveque cheese.
- There are orchards producing Normandy ciders and Calvados, and perhaps most importantly this area has a strong tradition of horse breeding and racing. The Deauville horse races are held during late August, early September – pick your winner among the horses training at La Cavaliere perhaps?
- A little further along the coastline is the charming port of Honfleur.
- Within easy reach for day trips are also the D-Day sights, the Bayeux tapestry, Monet’s house at Giverny, Rouen, and even Paris is an easy journey by train.