This pretty, stone-built house is the former Orangerie of an estate once owned by Dr Samuel Pozzi, the renowned surgeon and lover of Sarah Bernhardt the famous actress. With generously sized rooms, large windows and antique furnishings, this is an authentic and charming French country house just minutes from the medieval town of Bergerac.
- The Dordogne River is nearby and canoes and kayaks can easily be hired.
- This area boasts some of the most famous wine producing estates in the world.
It has a kitchen with dining room.
French Countryside Home - La Bergamote Location and other villas and tours nearby
French Countryside Home - La Bergamote is one of our
France Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
France Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
Activities / What to do there?
- Visit Perigueux, capital of the Dordogne, which is one of the largest Medieval Renaissance towns in France and the home of foie gras.
- Or follow the beautiful Dordogne River valley along to Sarlat-le-Caneda and spend some time in its evocative old centre (if you're here in July or August you might catch the open-air Festival des Jeux du Theatre where all types of artists, musicians, sculptors and painters gather).
- Another wonderful place to visit would be the Bara Bahau caves at Le Bugue. Alternatively, for great shopping why not visit Bordeaux, just an hour and half away.
Accommodation & Layout
- Double bedroom (1.60m), (TV, DVD), open fireplace, door to veranda, ensuite bathroom, WC.
- Twin bedroom (0.90m), (TV, DVD), open fireplace, door to garden.
- Single bedroom (0.90m), handbasin and door to driveway.
- Separate bathroom (small bath), WC.
- Master double bedroom (1.80m), dressing area, ensuite shower room, WC. Interconnecting door to single bedroom (suit young child or infant - single bed or cot on request).
- Twin bedroom (0.90m), handbasin.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- 3 hours maid service on Wednesdays
- WiFi internet
- Pool towels
- Telephone for local calls only
- TV, DVD
What we can arrange for you
- Chef services
- Additional maid service
- Arrival dinner
- Arrival shopping service
- Private wine tours and tasting
- Horse riding for adults
- Painting for children
- Fencing lessons
- Winter heating at €180 per week
Near by tours and activities