Perigord family villa with heated pool - L'Ancienne Borie is a delightful, renovated farmhouse situated in a small hamlet in the Perigord Noir. This area of the Dordogne region is characterised by its lush countryside and pretty villages. The farmhouse has been renovated to a high standard and decorated throughout in warm, neutral colours, with particular emphasis placed on comfort and artistic lines. It is an ideal base for a peaceful and relaxing family holiday: you can relax by the heated pool while the children swim or play in the gardens.
- A perfect location for a peaceful and relaxing family vacation.
- If your holidays aren't complete without an unusual experience, you can go hot-air ballooning here!
It has a kitchen with dining area.
Family Villa with Heated Pool - L'Ancienne Borie Location and other villas and tours nearby
Family Villa with Heated Pool - L'Ancienne Borie is one of our
France Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
France Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Activities / What to do there?
- You are just over a mile from the village of Tourtoirac, where you will find local shops and a restaurant, as well as some nice picnic spots along the banks of the Auvezere river.
- The village is famous for its thousand-year-old abbey and also for its amazing caves, which opened to the public in 2010. The larger town of Hautefort is only five miles from your villa and here you will find more restaurants serving local specialities, a baker, a butcher and a variety of shops, a supermarket and pavement cafes... there is also a small market on Wednesday mornings. Don't miss a visit to the imposing chateau and its beautiful gardens.
- For days out, the world famous Lascaux caves are less than 20 miles away, and Sarlat and the Dordogne valley are within easy reach. If you appreciate history, chateaux, prehistoric painted caves, natural beauty, great cuisine and authentic France, you will find it all here in the Perigord Noir region. The only question is, will a week be long enough!
Accommodation & Layout
- Guest WC.
- Twin bedroom (0.90m) with integral shower cubicle and handbasin and garden view.
- From the dining area, steps lead up to:
- Double bedroom (1.6m) with ensuite shower room, handbasin and WC.
- Original feature staircase leads up to large open-plan Family bedroom/sitting room. Original beamed ceiling.
- Two twin beds (0.80m) at one end of the room and a double bedroom area (low 1.6m bed, no base, would not suit elderly or infirm) at the other end of the room.
- Between these two areas is an integral bathroom with Italian bath, WC and handbasin.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Pool heating
- Pool towels
- Bath robes
- WiFi internet
- Winter heating
- TV, DVD
What we can arrange for you
Maid service on request.
Near by tours and activities