This beautiful house was built in 1856 by the Italian Navy. During the last war it was machine-gunned by American planes and, later on, it functioned as the light-house keepers’ residence until the late 80s.
In the front of the building there is a large wooden platform, looking out on the cliff above the astonishing view of the sea. In the middle of the platform, there is an infinity pool (14 m long, 6 m wide and 1,3 m deep), equipped with two Jacuzzi hydro-massage pools.
Fine, ancient Turkish carts have been turned into beds to sunbathe on. Elegant white leather sofas with 4 white beach umbrellas create an area, where it is possible to have breakfast or tea in the afternoon, or to enjoy an aperitif in front of the immense sea or admire the sunset when the lantern gets turned on, and goats invade the surrounding promontory.
- At the back of the building there is a 3000 square metres garden with a huge centuries-old olive tree and a big lawn where you can sit on white sofas in front of a 12-metre fireplace and a barbecue area.
In the middle of the garden, there are eight glass gazebos (16 sq m each), a sheltered area with tables, where it is possible to have lunch in the open air enjoying the panoramic view on the sea and the hills far beyond, or to have dinner under the flickering light of the lighthouse lantern.
Chia Sardinia Lighthouse with Pool Location and other villas and tours nearby
Chia Sardinia Lighthouse with Pool is one of our
Italy Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Italy Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
The property is located 50 km from Elmas airport and the city of Cagliari, on a promontory called Capo-Spartivento, in the area of Chia. This is the southernmost point of the Island: a completely wild and unpolluted area, with no other buildings, covered by typical Mediterranean bushes, and surrounded by fine, heavenly white sandy beaches. A secondary dirt road leads to the light house on top of the cliff above the sea.
Activities / What to do there?
- Film/Photo Shoot
- Biking, Hiking
- Boating Sailing
- Horse Riding
Accommodation & Layout
- The structure is about 600 square metres. Through the imposing, arched glass front door, it is possible to see the sea. On the upper part of the arch, an old ornament with the initials in capital letters of King Vittorio Emanuele is still visible. The hall is large and elegant (120 sq m) with red, Murano crystal chandeliers.
- Five arches in the ceiling mark the border between five different areas once separated by walls, now replaced by monumental iron trusses, similar to the ones used in ore mines. Here there are four Luigi XVI-style big settees, a fireplace, an ancient mirror and a big ancient, table to seat six, and four round, glass, tables for four.
- Wooden floor: From the centre of the hall, a cast iron spiral staircase leads to the old underground cistern (water supply from a well), which is now functioning as cellar.
- A stone passage leads to two bathrooms, a business area and a professional kitchen, a small office and the staff changing room with a bathroom. In the bathroom on the ground floor, the wash basin is held up by an ancient mortar found in the Mongolian countryside.
- The business area is equipped with a PC with Vista, ADSL, fax, telephone, and hi-fi stereo canned music System.
On the second floor:
- A stone spiral staircase leads to the first floor. Here you will find a reading room with a small fireplace, a sofa and a big old chest used as a bookshelf. Four smaller en-suite rooms (35sq. m each) with wooden floor.
- Two of the suites have a sea view. They are furnished in a modern brilliant white style with round suspended beds. Two white glass walls separate a section of the room where there is a big wardrobe and the bathroom.
- Two of the suites have a view on the hill at the back of the lighthouse. They are made up of three separate rooms: a drawing room in Provencal style with a sofa and TV, a bed room with a canopy bed and a bathroom.
- there is the terrace (250 square metres), where the lantern is located. The door to the lantern is on the third floor but access is prohibited by the Navy to which it still belongs. The terrace is equipped with two big canopies to sunbathe or lie down on to look at the night sky. A telescope is available for a closer look at the stars and the moon.
- From the terrace it is possible to enjoy a breath-taking 360-degree view of the surrounding area. Two additional mini-flats outside the main block of the lighthouse are part of hotel. They are on two floors, 50 square metres each, and have a sitting room on the ground floor and a bedroom on the first floor.
- A glass roof allows you to admire the beautiful starry sky at night. These buildings, now restored, once housed the tanks for the gas used to fuel the lantern of the lighthouse.
- All the rooms are equipped with a king-size bed, a bathroom, big mirrors, a mini bar, a Satellite TV (LCD), a DVD player, stereo, air conditioning, a safe, Internet connection, and 3 sets of bed linen and towels.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Stereo, Audio System
- Cleaning / Maid Services
- Internet Access
- Outdoor Jacuzzi
- ADSL Internet connection
- Maintenance services
- Cleaning services
What we can arrange for you
- Car Rental with Chauffer
- Boat/Sailing trips
- Cross-country excursions
- Horse riding
- Mountain bike trips
- Spa facilities
- DVD players, projectors, screens available
- Single beds, cots, cradles
- Transfers from and to the airport
Near by tours and activities