Dating back to the 18th century, this is a restored 'masseria' farmhouse with an adjacent ' guard tower' alongside enjoying a dominant hillside position overlooking the countryside of Modica. The surrounding view is typical Sicilian countryside: cornfields interspersed with dry stone walls, cactus plants and wild flowers.
The main residence is some 350m², whilst the tower is approximately 100m².There are some staircases without hand rails in the property, so may not be suited to young children or the elderly. The property itself has retained many original fixtures and has been restored to a good level with wooden beams and rustic style furniture.
- Casa Modica is a beautifully decorated family villa equipped with all the luxuries.
- A perfect family villa for a relaxing holiday in the Sicilian countryside.
The characterful kitchen, is in brickwork and has been decorated with majolica pottery from Caltagirone and has an internal fireplace/barbecue.
Sicilian Countryside Rental - Casa Modica Location and other villas and tours nearby
Sicilian Countryside Rental - Casa Modica is one of our
Italy Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Italy Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
Accommodation & Layout
- Living room (fireplace and loft)
- Double bedroom with extra single bed in mezzanine area (air conditioned)
- Triple room (3 single beds and one double bed in loft area), air conditioned
- Double bedroom
- Three guest shower rooms
- Living room (fireplace)
- Guest bathroom
- Double bedroom (air conditioned)
- Twin bedroom (air conditioned)
- Guest bathroom
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Twice weekly maid service.
- Private pool 15m x 8m (depth from 1.20m to 2.50m) with hydro massage plus a second 7m x 3.5m pool (min/max depth 1.40m),
- terraced areas,
- outdoor dining.
What we can arrange for you
- Winter heating € 210 per week.
- Air conditioning.
- Excessive usage of electricity charged for (350 kwh included per week).
- Car hire,
- guided tours,
- chef service €150 + cost of shopping,
- baby sitter service (€12 per hour),
- maid service (€12 per hour, min 4 hours),
- beauty treatments,
- shopping list (€30 + shopping cost).
Near by tours and activities