Imagine an 800-year-old village on a peaceful hilltop in Tuscany exclusively for you and your closest friends, family or colleagues. Welcome to Borgo Finocchieto! The Borgo specializes in creating unforgettable, custom-tailored experiences for gatherings of all kinds.
Guests come together at this unique and deluxe village to unwind, bond, and exchange ideas, to celebrate anniversaries, reunions, and weddings or attend retreats. Five village houses (Finocchieto, Fede, Santa Teresa, Filippi and Colussi), perched atop six acres of hilltop grounds, accommodate up to 44 guests in 22 bedrooms. Amenities include a formal dining room and outdoor dining terrace, a spacious living room with a grand piano, a study, a screening room, library, bar, conference facility, wine tasting room, and professional teaching kitchen, which compliment the elegant courtyard, piazza and rolling lawns and gardens.
Athletic recreational facilities include a 60’ oval swimming pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, spa, tennis, basketball and bocce courts.
Borgo Finocchieto offers the remarkable experience of a sojourn in a historic property, with simple, modern luxuries, refined decor, spectacular views, and an exceptionally warm and personal staff.
- Gardens (Over 6 acres with dozens of aromatic and indigenous plants and trees)
- Pool (60-foot oval with beds, chairs, tables, refreshment center, towels and inflatables) Tennis, basketball and bocce courts (all equipment included)
- Spa (Jacuzzi tub, cold splash, steam room, dry sauna)
- Gym (17 Cybex workout machines, 2 ellipticals, treadmill, bench and free weights, exercise mats and balls)
- Underground and outdoor parking (up to 6 vehicles indoors and 10 outdoors)
Superbly Unique Luxury Tuscany Hamlet for Rent - Borgo Finocchieto Location and other villas and tours nearby
Superbly Unique Luxury Tuscany Hamlet for Rent - Borgo Finocchieto is one of our
Italy Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Italy Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
Auspiciously situated on the promontory of one of the rolling hills of the Val d’Arbia in the province of Siena, Borgo Finocchieto is just west of the charming town of Buonconvento (4 km), and a convenient drive (15 min) from the local wine capital, Montalcino. Siena, the area’s most metropolitan center, is a half-hour train or car ride away.
How To Get There
For those traveling from Florence or Rome, the Borgo is respectively 1.5 and 2.5 hours away.
Activities / What to do there?
Walks in the surrounding hills, day-trips to nearby Montalcino, Pienza, Siena and Florence, winery visits and professionally led wine tastings are just a handful of the many diversions in the immediate area.
Accommodation & Layout
The Borgo encompasses 22 suites in the manor house and four village homes arranged around its central piazza, allowing it to function as a community.
The manor house includes accommodation for up to 18 guests in 9 elegant suites:
- Medici – 800 sq ft: Top floor – Master suite. with terrace and bathroom with sauna, steam and jacuzzi.
- Michelangelo – 555 sq ft: Second level suite on far side with small balcony overlooking fountain garden.
- Borghese – 690 sq ft: Top floor – next to Master suite with large sitting area and large screen TV, jacuzzi.
- Da Vinci – 651 sq ft: Second level suite next to Michelangelo.
- Galileo – 600 sq ft: Main level interconnecting suite with Brunelleschi with large fireplace and open sitting area.
- Brunelleschi – 695 sq ft: Main level interconnecting suite with Galileo with separate sitting area.
- Machiavelli – 545 sq ft: Top floor suite in Finocchieto annex. Spacious sitting area and bathroom
- Dante – 545 sq ft: Ground floor suite in Finocchieto annex. Spacious sitting area and bathroom.
- Botticelli – 500 sq ft: Ground floor inner courtyard suite with glass pane doors opening to grassy area.
Filippi provides generous living space and a higher degree of privacy for four people (2 en-suite bedrooms):
- Verdi – 374 sq ft: Ground floor spacious room with sitting area. View of garden and town. Bathtub and shower.
- Puccini – 350 sq ft: Ground floor spacious room with sitting area. View of central piazza garden. Shower only.
Once serving an ecclesiastical function, Santa Teresa is more refined than the hearty Fede, with room for eight (4 bedrooms)
- Bernini – 356 sq ft : Main suite with large window overlooking grassy area and valley. Bathtub and shower
- Vasari – 252 sq ft: Middle room with great views onto our grassy area and large bathroom.
- Donatello – 254 sq ft: Third room on far right with beautiful views of garden area and rolling landscape beyond. Spacious bathroom with double sink and separate shower.
- Ghiberti – 218 sq ft: Ground floor room. Single sink bathroom with separate shower.
Fede is the largest of the farmhouses and sleeps up to ten (5 en-suite bedrooms):
- Caravaggio – 542 sq ft: Large suite with separate sitting area overlooking bocce court and castle. Bathtub and shower.
- Raphael – 273 sq ft: Third room on far left with beautiful views of the valley and grassy area. Bathtub and shower.
- Giotto – 219 sq ft: Room on far right with beautiful views of castle and valley. Single sink in bathroom.
- Signorelli – 217 sq ft: Middle room with beautiful views of valley. Smaller bathroom with single sink.
- Duccio – 253 sq ft: Ground floor room. Bathtub and shower. Like the Caravaggio, it has one private entrance along with the main entrance.
Colussi is the coziest of the houses, a private refuge in the center of Finocchieto's main piazza, with two bedrooms:
- Vespucci – 274 sq ft: Ground floor room with bathtub and shower.
- Colombo – 313 sq ft: Ground floor room with bathtub and extra large rain shower.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Daily breakfast buffet
- Full staff including General Manager/Concierge Itinerary and travel assistance
- Wait staff and private chef on call
- Daily housekeeping and evening turndown
- Gym and spa area attendant
- Daily stocked snacks in all suites (Finocchieto villa) and in all villa pantries
- Mini bars stocked daily in all suites (Finocchieto villa) and in all villa refrigerators
- In-suite iPods and surround sound plug-in
- Use of gaming systems (Nintendo Wii and Playstation 3)
- High speed internet, wireless connectivity (property wide)
- Business center with fax
- Intra-room calling
- Personal phone number with messaging feature (all bedrooms and suites)
- Individual a/c and radiant heat control in each bedroom and suite
- Insect screens for all windows and most doors
- Full bath amenities: shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion (by Angelo Caroli Spa, Milan) plus bar soap, shower cap, nail file and cotton swabs
- Bath robe, slippers, hair dryers
- In-room safes
- 5 mountain and 8 titanium road bikes
- Telescope for stargazing (Konusmotor - 70mm Refractor Telescope)
What we can arrange for you
- Lunch and dinner prepared by private chef
- Aperitivo served on the lawn, in the courtyard or at the bar
- Laundry service
- In-room massage
- Car and scooter rentals delivered on site
- Travel arrangements by car, bus, or helicopter
- Babysitting and relief help
- Wine tastings and area winery tours
- Horse carriage rides and horseback riding
- Helicopter and hot air balloon rides
- Yoga and tennis professionals
Detailed Rate Information
For those who desire the privacy of exclusive use of the entire property but who do not need all 22 bedrooms available, the Exclusive Property Use option includes all nine suites for up to 18 guests in the Manor House (Finocchieto) and total privacy for the duration of your stay including the gardens, gym, spa, tennis and basketball court plus all of the amenities of the Manor House (dining room and terrace, living room, conference room, bar, library, media library, tasting room, etc.).
If guests would prefer to occupy the more family-friendly homes, arrangements can be made to create a more flexible combination of Manor House suites and one additional home at no extra charge (for a combined total of 9 rooms).
Terms & Conditions
Check-in starts at 12pm. Check out until 10 am. Special considerations given with notice.
Near by tours and activities