Villa Samakee's lush tropical landscape, seamlessly connected indoor-outdoor spaces and expansive Thai contemporary design offer a wonderful balance of private and fun spaces for families to enjoy, as well as providing a fantastic venue for weddings and special events.
Located in a peaceful residential area, this spectacular villa is a world away from Phuket's hectic tourist centres yet it remains within easy reach of the island's finest restaurants, spas and boutiques in and around a collection of luxury resorts in Bangtao Bay.
A sense of majesty ensues from the moment you arrive at Villa Samakee. Entering through its oversized teak front doors is to step inside another world; a true tropical escape. A long stretch of glimmering blue meets you on arrival: the 20 by 5-metre infinity pool, where life in the villa revolves.
The spacious wooden pool deck offers a divine choice of spots to catch the sun's rays, while a lovely outdoor sala provides a shaded lounge area just a hop away from the 10-person jacuzzi. Towering fan palms and a rich variety of tropical garden plants create a vivid green landscape and a natural border that keeps the villa ultra private and secure. Inside, a remarkable collection of art and antiques from traditional Thai temple spires to ancient Buddha statues to bright whimsical paintings, including several depicting Asian archetypes by Belgian artist Christian Develter, add character and colour throughout the villa.
A large living room with a gorgeous vaulted timber ceiling and two walls that open completely to the outdoors offers a nice spot for reading or enjoying a cosy chat with the family. The well-equipped TV room is a colourful, fun space for children and adults alike while a private study leading to a garden patio provides a quiet retreat. A formal dining room set in front of the superbly fitted out western kitchen has seating for 16.
We are delighted with our stay at Villa Samakee and this is the 3rd time we stay here! The Villa is absolutely beautiful. We entertained 15 people for dinner one night and everything was perfect, the staff, food and ambience. The rooms are spacious, and very well appointed. We very much like the gated compound concept with the strong security that it provides. The garden area is beautiful, with lots of room for the children to run around. Very large pool, and pure bliss to lie on one of the couches in the sala and just read, relax or have a massage. The Villa is very well located, being close to the water and all major facilities. We are looking forward to many further visits to this magical place.
After many months of looking for an idyllic villa for our family holiday, thank god we have found this beautiful villa in paradise! Its layout allowed us the freedom and space that we need as a family. The great entertaining spaces brought us together throughout the day. The food is amazing, the staff very efficient, my favorite breakfast spot is the gorgeous sala! and the beach is only 5 minutes away to experience those breathtaking sunsets of Phuket! I want to thank the whole team for a most memorable holiday! See you next year !
Thank you for a truly fabulous holiday! The villa is the most beautiful we have ever stayed in and every last detail is perfect, from the selection of DVDs for the children, to the flowers on our beds at night, to the delicious restaurant quality food prepared and served by the cook. We cannot wait to come back!
Accommodation & Layout
Master Bedroom 1: Pool view, balcony, fan, air conditioning, luxury king bed (110w x 200w) with duvet and pillows, chaise lounge chair, walk-in closet, 42 inch flat screen TV/DVD, landline telephone, en suite bathroom with spacious soaker tub, dual vanities, separate shower and toilet, mini-bar, kettle, and safety deposit box.
Bedroom 2: Pool view, deck, fan, air conditioning, luxury king bed (180w x 200w) with duvet and pillows, two wingback chairs, desk and chair, walk-in closet, TV/DVD player, mini-bar, landline telephone, ensuite bathroom with dual vanities, separate shower and toilet, kettle, and safety deposit box.
Bedroom 3: Garden view, deck, fan, air conditioning, luxury twin beds (180w x 200w) each with an additional twin-size trundle bed, daybed, his/hers closet, TV/DVD player, landline telephone, ensuite bathroom with dual vanities, separate shower and toilet, mini-bar, kettle, and safety deposit box.
Bedroom 4: Garden view, private deck, fan, air conditioning, luxury twin beds (180w x 200w) that can be converted to one king sized bed, two twin-size trundle beds, generous closet space, desk and chair, TV/DVD player, landline telephone, mini-bar, kettle, safety deposit box, and en suite bathroom shared with Bedroom 5 with dual vanities, separate shower and toilet.
Bedroom 5: Garden view, fan, air conditioning, luxury twin beds (180w x 200w) with duvets and pillows, daybed, generous closet space, TV/DVD player, mini-bar, land line telephone, safety deposit box, and en suite bathroom shared with Bedroom 4 with dual vanities, separate shower and toilet.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- 20m x 5m swimming pool, with outdoor shower
- 10-person Jacuzzi, 2m x 2m
- Expansive pool-side lounge area with 12 sun beds and three loveseats
- Spacious 7m x 5.5 m Outdoor Sala, with mini-fridge and seating for 12
- BBQ area with kitchenette and gas BBQ
- Private garden patio with seating for six
- BOSE surround-sound stereo with CD player and speakers throughout the villa
- TV Room with a 42-inch flat screen TV, DVD player and cable
- TV and DVD player in all bedrooms, 42-inch flat screen in Master
- Safety deposit boxes in all bedrooms
- Library/Office with fax/printer/scanner
- Local phone service
- Air Conditioning
- Stereo, Audio System
- BBQ (Barbecue)
- Internet AccessPhone
Tranquil Phuket Beachside Vacation Rental - Villa Samakee Location and other villas and tours nearby
- Villa Samakee is located in the secured Layan Estate with high walls and dense foliage giving it complete privacy from neighbouring villas within the estate. Set away from the busy tourist areas, the villa has a feel of total seclusion yet it is easily to access Phuket's superb west-coast beaches and many of the island's finest dining, shopping and leisure attractions.
- Just two kilometres away is the world-renowned Banyan Tree spa, the Laguna Phuket Golf Club, and a wonderful range of dining and shopping choices in and around the Laguna resort complex on Bang Tao Beach. The peaceful powder-sand Layan Beach, one kilometre west, retains an idyllic, sleepy feel with traditional longtail fishing boats gliding in and out of the estuary behind it.
- Shopping centres, nightlife entertainment, international hospitals, more golf courses, marinas and other leisure facilities all are found within a 15- to 20-minute drive. Villa Samakee is a 25-minute drive south of Phuket International Airport.
Activities / What to do there?
- Coastal Exploration
- Boating Sailing
- Scuba Diving, Snorkeling
- Kayaking & Canoeing
- Relaxing & Wellness
- Surfing, Windsurfing
- Water Skiing
Detailed Rate Information
- Minimum stay 3 nights.
- For Christmas and New Year period there is a minimum stay of 14 nights, 6 Bedrooms available for this period only.
- All rates in $ USD
- Refundable security deposit $ 2,500 USD
16-Jan-11 to 30-Apr-11
- 1 Bedroom: $600 nightly
- 2 Bedroom: $750 nightly
- 4 Bedroom: $1050 nightly
- 5 Bedroom: $1200 nightly
1-May-11 to 30-Nov-11
- 1 Bedroom: $500 nightly
- 2 Bedroom: $600 nightly
- 4 Bedroom: $800 nightly
- 5 Bedroom: $900 nightly
1-Dec-11 to 14-Dec-11
- 1 Bedroom: $600 nightly
- 2 Bedroom: $750 nightly
- 4 Bedroom: $1050 nightly
- 5 Bedroom: $1200 nightly PEAK SEASON
- 1 Bedroom: $1000 nightly
- 2 Bedroom: $1200 nightly
- 4 Bedroom: $1600 nightly
- 5 Bedroom: $1800 nightly
Local Operator Information
Ask the Concierge Team
Luxury Villa Rental Latest News
Read more Tranquil Phuket Beachside Vacation Rental - Villa Samakee news or subscribe to this Tranquil Phuket Beachside Vacation Rental - Villa Samakee feed