For a quick getaway or a trip that exceeds your expectations choose Mooney Bay Estate, a private property in Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands.
This luxurious private 6-bedroom estate is secluded within 22 acres, a sprawling mixture of flowering, tropical plants, swaying palms, white tickly sands, gold-flecked trails, and curious sea-life. Ensconced within this abundance of nature are the timeless Caribbean inspired bungalows of Mooney Bay Estate, nestled within hillside trails and gazing over the sparkling ocean.
Guests staying at this gorgeous property can create their own adventure. Fold into a hammock, shoes tossed, with a rum drink in hand and watch the sailboats float idly by. Laugh with the kids in the pool or bouncing in the tube. Race the tortoises across the lawn. Exhilarate with open-air massages on our Pelican Pier. Host a dinner with friends with our chef and carouse the night away. Explore the nooks and crannies on our ocean kayaks and search for buried treasure. Gaze with respect at the eagle rays rippling by the swim dock.
Accessible only by private motor launch, the estate’s six suites sprawl across manicured lawns fronting its own white sandy beach and tranquil warm waters of the Caribbean.
The estate embodies the barefoot chic nature of Virgin Gorda (British Virgin Islands), where comfort and luxury mesh with island simplicity for a rustic elegance. Kick your shoes off upon arriving, have a glass of champagne and let the attentive and engaged staff cater to your needs from delicious gourmet meals and ocean side massages, to sand castles with the kids and tubing runs on the estate’s boat.
Mooney Bay is a 22 acre resort property, divided into 4 bungalows spread around a main central living, dining and lounge facility connected by garden paths and stone walkways up and down the property.
All these Caribbean inspired suites have gorgeous ocean and garden views. They dispose of traditional wooden louvers, while distinctive red hewn tiles, soaring wooden beams and ceilings, swirling fans, and antique Balinese furniture bring you back to a bygone era of simplicity and rustic chic.
The bathrooms embody luxury with carved stone sinks, open showers, luxurious, thick towels and aromatherapy amenities from L’ Occitane en Provence.
- Bungalow 1: Iguana Master Suite: sits atop the property with a large living space, tented 4 poster bed, walk in closet, and open bathroom plan.
- Bungalow 2: Pelican and Egret Suites: sit atop the property, king beds with cozy reading area or daybed, shared deck and shared Jack-n-Jill en-suite. Egret Suite has a daybed in the living area suitable for a small child.
- Bungalow 3: Conch and Coral Suites: poolside and beach views with sitting area or daybed suitable for a small child, shared stone deck and (outdoor) adjoining bathroom.
- Bungalow 4: Turtle Suite: nestled into the gardens with small sitting area and (outdoor) adjoining bathroom.
- *Egret and Coral suites may have an extra child under 9 years in room
- Fully air conditioned suites
- Ceiling fans and screens
- In-suite toiletries by L’Occitane en Provence
- Hair dryers
- In-room iPod docks/clock radios
- Robes and slippers
- Complimentary wireless internet in Main Pavilion and Pool Lounge
- Dish Satellite TV
- Blue Ray player and X-Box with Kinect
- Sirius music stations
- Board games, books, video games and DVDs
- Beach chairs, loungers and pool towels
- Provisioning service*
- Wash and Dry laundry service
LIVE YOUR DREAM
Open-air living areas surround the natural stone bordered swimming pool, perfect for al fresco meals, sunning in the breeze, curling up with a good book, or cannon balling the kids. Engage in a game of tennis, take a trip up the hillside trail, teach the kids to sail on the Hobie, or the staff will. Feed the senses with a beach BBQ, a gourmet meal from the chef, or take full use of the kitchen for your own gastronomic creation, and yes, even macaroni and cheese is a creation.
Island breezes drift through the screened dining pavilion, large windows surround on all sides and within steps of the gardens you'll find the beach and the swimming lounge. Whether it be wine and tapas or Sunday brunch, the breakfast bar plays host to the heart of the kitchen, bringing friends and family together to mingle, dine and toast. The kitchen’s open theme invites all to pitch in and ample room for the chefs to cater to families, receptions and groups.
Mooney Bay Estate offers all-inclusive stays with the chef and Host presenting daily breakfasts lunches and dinners ranging from 3-course Pan-Asian delights to island style BBQs. Snacks, drinks, and alcoholic beverages all included. Special theme nights and chef nights are also available for self-catering stays and special occasions.
The smiling staff are always on hand to assist from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave. They will meet you with a tropical cocktail in hand and ensure that you, your family and your friends enjoy your time at Mooney Bay and in the British Virgin Islands.
Choose from specialized beauty and wellness treatments from one of the professionally trained therapists, customized to suit your individual needs. All the treatments are done outdoor on the Pelican dock or stone decks so you may savor the sounds of the rolling waves and feel the tropical breezes as your therapist soothes your body into relaxation.
- Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, hot stone massage, Thai yoga massage
- Foot reflexology
- Hair braiding, nail services
- Yoga sessions
AND THAT'S NOT ALL…
- Mooney Bay Estate has a fleet of boats available to guests of the Estate.
- The property offers a complimentary dinghy service within the North Sound for sightseeing.
- Lunches and dinners are included.
- Half Day and Full Day discovery trips sailing or power to the other islands of the BVI include trips to the Sunken Island of Anegada, snorkeling at The Indians, having a social time at The Soggy Dollar bar.
- For the avid fisherman: fishing vessel Big Ting, winner of several Caribbean fishing competitions, is on-hand for you to bring back a mahi mahi, marlin or yellowfin tuna for dinner!