Only a 20 minute flight away from Mahé in the Seychelles, this is a private island of outstanding natural beauty; a uniquely peaceful setting of abundant nature fringed by stunning white sandy beaches, With only 16 villas and one Presidential Villa, guests are invited to experience the rare luxuries of space, security and seclusion within a tropical island setting.
When Lazare Picault explored the Seychelles in 1744, this was one of the first islands he deemed suitable for both settlement and agriculture. The seven beaches of the Island are among the most beautiful in the world for swimming, snorkelling, scuba diving and a variety of other water sports.
Seasons and weather:
The climate is tropical and year-long warm between 26°C/79°F and 30°C/86°F. The period between October and May is called the Northwest Monsoon in the Seychelles. This season is characterized by the lack of strong winds. Ideal, calm sea conditions normally prevail, and this favours big game fishing, snorkelling and diving. Underwater visibility is at its best.
The Northwest Monsoon is the period of highest humidity, and is also the rainy season for this region of the western Indian Ocean. Tropical Monsoon rain usually falls in heavy, short, sharp showers... after which the sun reappears and the vacation continues. Rains lasting for longer periods are not usually encountered more than a couple of times during the rainy period of the year. Rain can fall in any month of the year.
South East Monsoon
The period between May and October is called the South East Monsoon in the Seychelles. This season is characterized by the daily, steady South East Trade Winds which tend to make for rough sea conditions. Water sports like sailing and windsurfing are popular activities at this time, but snorkelling, diving and fishing are less successful due to the rough sea conditions and impaired visibility. Rain is less likely during this season, whilst humidity is at its lowest level during the South East Monsoon. During the South East Monsoon, the current of the sea can be very strong and swimming is therefore recommended on the most protected beach close to the Marina or in one of our pools only.
There is almost never a day that the island’s beaches do not constitute one of the major attractions of the Resort, whilst walking the trails and the unique Nature Experience are outdoor activities that are always to be enjoyed during any season.
- Like a modern-day Noahs Ark, the island is home to a host of flora and fauna which no longer exists on other continents. This great and unique variety inspires one of the most important philosophies which is to protect and conserve the nature on the island.
Gourmet and Créole Style Restaurants
- Two restaurants available on the island, one offers a daily gourmet menu featuring the chef’s selection of local produce as it’s peak. Dining is available on the lower terrace and also in the restaurant. The restaurant catches the evening sea breezes passing through the open windows.
- The other restaurant serves authentic Créole Style à la carte cuisine. Set in a historical building evoking the memories of early settlers and is a wonderful venue for outdoor dining.
- The island’s own plantation & hydroponics is the guarantee that guests can enjoy fresh fruit and vegetables every day.
- The island features a wine cellar that competes with the most famous hotel restaurants in the world and presents to guests a variety of wines from all around the globe, including important labels, varietal and vineyards. These wines are also offered for wine tastings. The wine cellar also offers a dining facility for a group of up to 10 guests.
- Two bars (one is a beach bar) offering light snacks and drinks at lunch and dinner time.
Island dining experience
- In addition to the two restaurants, guests can enjoy their meals anywhere and anytime they like: in the tree house, barbecues on the beach or at the yacht club, private candlelit dinners in the privacy of the villa or any other setting of their choice. During the Garden Table Experience, the chef accompanies guests on a tour of the plantation and hydroponics house and explains the diverse vegetables, fruits and herbs growing on the island. Afterwards guests enjoy a delicious barbecue lunch in the chef’s garden, freshly prepared by the chef using ingredients picked during the tour.
Frégate Island Magical Tropical Luxury Private Island in the Seychelles Location and other villas and tours nearby
Frégate Island Magical Tropical Luxury Private Island in the Seychelles is one of our
Seychelles Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Seychelles Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
- Four degrees south of the equator, a 20-minute flight away from Mahé, Frégate is a private island of outstanding natural beauty; a uniquely peaceful setting of verdant, tropical interiors and abundant nature fringed by seven dream beaches, each a brilliant sweep of powdery white sand sentinelled by giant, iconic granite boulders.
Activities / What to do there?
- The seven dream beaches of the island are among the most rnbeautiful in the world for swimming, snorkelling, scuba diving and a variety of other water sports or for simply enjoying a Champagne picnic
- Two swimming pools are available. A 25m Active Pool and a romantic Relaxation Pool. A third plunge pool is located at the Spa for guest use during treatments, and each villa is equipped with its own infinity pool.Water sports: The island has its own marina with a fleet of boats including kayaks, small sailboats, yachts, catamarans and motor yachts for deep-sea fishing and excursions. Scuba diving excursions to the fascinating underwater world of the coral reefs can also be arranged. Other Water sports available are: windsurfing, scuba diving (PADI)
Hiking and nature walks:
- Shaded paths lead throughout the island. There are 10 different nature walks along the coast or straight through the tropical jungle where guests can explore the island’s interior and discover the exotic flora and fauna. The tour to “Mont Signal”, a 125-metre high granite rock, is particularly rewarding and a range of other guided nature walks can be arranged.
- Tennis, volleyball, badminton, bocce ball, mountain biking and jogging. A library, with a large selection of books in various languages, videos and CD’s, is open to guests. The Yacht Club offers a little bar and a billard table. The inviting small terrace is furnished with hammocks.
Accommodation & Layout
ROOMS & SUITES
16 exclusive villas and one presidential villa for a selected number of guests. The villas, decorated by the renowned American interior design firm Wilson & Associates, blend with the surroundings and are positioned so that privacy is guaranteed.
Hand-carved wood, precious silk and Egyptian cotton create a cosy atmosphere. Integrated glass walls in various rooms allow for a view of the ocean, the sky and the surrounding vegetation. The private sun terrace, with adjustable sunshade, beckons guests to spend their days and evenings outside. The two 2-bedroom villas and the Spa Villa have approx. 500 square meters. The second bedroom has the same features as the first bedroom except that there are twin beds. The Spa Villa has a mini spa with a bathroom, which can also be converted into a second bedroom.
- The Presidential Villa lies high above on the plateau of the eastern strip of The island and can only be reached over a private path. The residence offers a stunning view over the ocean, the nearby beaches, the marina and the rest of this green island. It is furnished with an exclusive collection of antiques from around the Indian Ocean from the 18th, 19th and 20th century and features: a huge open living area (approx. 150 sqm) with an additional small TV lounge (approx.20 sqm) adjacent there is a big terrace with a private pool, seating and a fully equipped kitchen 3 separate sleeping villas each for 2 persons (approx. 70 sqm) are located along the cliff with a veranda, own bathroom, TV, CD / DVD Player and Minibar. An extra bed for a child can be added to each sleeping villa. A chef and dedicated butlers will take care of the guest’s wishes.
Family friendly villas
- Two villas built, with the needs of families with children in mind, stand on sheltered meadows while the other villas are built into the cliffs. The 13 1-bedroom villas have 300-400 square metres and include a living room, a large bedroom, two bathrooms, terrace, infinity pool a daybed and dining pavilion.
Children & kids clubs
- Children are always welcome at The island. The Castaway Kids Clubhouse invites children of the age of 5 to 12 to explore the island. During the Easter and Christmas Season the Club offers a supervised program of activities.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
Facilities in the villas
All villas are attended by a certified private butler, who takes care of every wish his guests might have. He is available all day long. Furthermore each villa provides telefone, wireless internet access, minibar, coffee machine and tea making facilities, TV, DVD/CD player, aircondition and a ceiling fan. The island can be explored with the personal island buggy.
SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES FREE OF CHARGE
- Island Dining Experience – anywhere, anytime
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Guided Nature Walks with our Island Ecologists
- Mountain bicycles
- Volleyball, Badminton, Bocce Ball (Pétanque)
- Scuba Diving Introduction
- Sunfish, Optimist and Hobie Cat Sailing
- Optimist Sailing for Kids
- Sea Kayaking
- Snorkelling from the shore & snorkelling Equipment
What we can arrange for you
- Transfers from/to Mahé or other islands (see transfer information) Massages and treatments at the Spa. Alcoholic beverages and motorized water sports. Activities and services are subject to change without notice.
Services and facilities:
- Babysitting Service (upon request) Wedding Arrangements at a location of your choice. Telephone and Fax Service. Laundry Service.
Spa, beauty and fitness facilities
- Located on one of the island’s peaks, the island has a 4,500 sqm Spa facility with 4 suites for treatments set in beautiful natural surroundings. The spa offers an exclusive range of retreat packages based on over 140 different ingredients growing all over the island. There is an on-site apothecary and a Zen / Yoga garden with meditation coves. The island also has a gym facility with outdoor training area and 360 views. Yoga (beginners and advanced) is available at extra cost.
Detailed Rate Information
- Rates include fullboard (incl. non-alcoholic beverages only)
- Rates are subject to 15 % tax and 10% service charge
Terms & Conditions
Check-in and check-out
- Check out time is 12.00h on the day of departure; check-in time is 15.00h on the date of arrival. Early check-in and late check-out can be arranged upon request, subject to availability. For a confirmed (guaranteed) early check-in before 15.00h and a confirmed (guaranteed) late check-out after 12.00h an extra charge of a full room night will apply.
Exchange and methods of payment
- Upon receipt of booking an advance deposit of 30% of the booking price becomes due and payable within 7 calendar days. The remaining balance of the booking is due 60 days prior to the arrival date. If the deposit or balance remains unpaid at due time the island may consider this as a cancellation (see cancellation policy below)
- In the case the client cancels the contract or is a no show, the following cancellation policy applies: MORE THAN 60 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL: No cancellation fee. BETWEEN 60 AND 31 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL: 30% of the total booking price. BETWEEN 30 AND 16 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL: 50% of the total booking price. WITHIN 15 DAYS AND LESS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL: 90% of the booking price. In the case of exclusive use of the island special cancellation conditions apply.
Near by tours and activities