This Zermatt chalet is a cute free-standing two bedroom traditional small chalet in the centre of the Winkelmatten district in Zermatt, which has very recently been converted. It sleeps 4 in two double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. Taking an old wooden 'Mazot' (small barn), the architect has created a wonderfully cosy small property with a traditional exterior and modern Alpine interior. It is located a couple of steps away from both the Winkelmatten Chapel bus stop and the useful local convenience store. The Matterhorn Express lift is just two stops away by bus, or in winter a short ski away, conditions permitting.
The secluded hamlet of Winkelmatten, where this chalet in Zermatt is located, is known as the Beverly Hills of Zermatt. There is a bus stop 30 seconds away, which takes you to the Matterhorn Express base lift station, and on to the centre of Zermatt, which if you prefer to walk, is 12 minutes away. By taking the Moos resort run, you can ski to within 2 minutes of the chalet at the end of the day (snow conditions permitting).
- Splendid Matterhorn views
- Full equipped kitchen
- Dining area
Stylish chalet with beautiful mountain views in Zermatt Location and other villas and tours nearby
Stylish chalet with beautiful mountain views in Zermatt is one of our
Switzerland Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Switzerland Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
View Destination Guides:
Activities / What to do there?
• Biking, Hiking
• Local Culture
• Horse Riding
• Ice Skating
• Relaxing & Wellness
Accommodation & Layout
- The lower ground floor features the master bedroom, with twin beds, and a beautiful stone walled en-suite bathroom with shower, bath and WC. The second bedroom, with a double bed, is located on the ground floor and has its own en-suite bathroom with shower and WC.
- At the top of the stairs you will find the combined living and kitchen space, set under a sloping wooden-beamed ceiling. The kitchen is modern and well-equipped, while the living area gives onto a wide south-facing balcony with Matterhorn views. Whilst small in terms of interior space, this is a rare historical gem of a free-standing chalet which has been modernised with great feeling and taste.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Full concierge service/assistance
- Cleaning on departure or otherwise on request,
- Wood-fireplace in living room
- PC and wireless broadband internet
- Large modern flat screen TV with DVD and satellite/cable TV
- Laundry and dry cleaning service
- Mountain Views
- 5 min to ski lifts
- 10 min to village centre
- Ski to within 100 yeard of chalet
- Converted traditions old Zermatt chalet
- Old wooden beamed ceilings
Near by tours and activities