Stay in complete luxury in your private 6 bedroom castle in the beautiful Emilia-Romagna region of northern Italy. Il Castello Della Collina was built in the 15th Century and set in 4 acres on its own hilltop with stunning views over the Italian countryside. This property is entered through secure electric gates and its outdoor area includes beautiful landscaped gardens with a small vineyard and several large patio areas for outside dining.
This property is suitable for large families, a group of friends or up to three families staying together.
- A unique feature is a 2nd floor tower room offering wonderful 360 degree views.
- You can laze by the stunning private 15m x 10m outdoor pool with its own bar area and pizza oven - and also an outdoor tennis table.
- Large kitchen/dining room.
Eating out locally at any time isn't a problem as there are numerous restaurants, trattories, osterie, pizzerie and agroturism (country restaurants).
Emilia Romagna is famous for its cuisine (perhaps the best in Italy) - the only thing you will never find in an Italian restaurant is 'spaghetti bolognese' as it doesn't exist! The nearest thing to it is what is called spaghetti al ragu' and is worth trying.
Dinner prices in the local establishments start at about 15 euros but never costs much more than 20, including wine. We will be happy to suggest local restaurants if you've got something particular in mind.
Stunning castle in Italy with incredible landscapes and private outdoor pool Location and other villas and tours nearby
Stunning castle in Italy with incredible landscapes and private outdoor pool is one of our
Italy Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
Italy Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Emilia-Romagna, Northern Italy
Situated 15 km from the town of Castel San Pietro Terme, it is just 38km from Bologna City and 90km from Rimini. The breathtaking Tuscan city of Florence is only an hour and a half away either via scenic country roads,train or on the Autostrada .
Activities / What to do there?
- The Ferrari Gallery is situated at Maranello near Modena and about 80 kms - one hour from Castel San Pietro . Open all year round from 9.30 a.m. to 6.00p.m, it houses the Ferrari Museum where you can see some of the most significant examples of the Ferrari road-going and Formula 1 cars. There is also a space dedicated to Enzo Ferrari, the man and the legend he created. In the Ferrari Auditorium the Gallery has transformed its old amphitheatre into a spectacular new exhibition area which includes 2 Formula 1 cars adapted to similators that the public can use to test their own skills. A further area recreates a Grand prix, complete with pits, pit lane, pit wall and track. Some of the most important Ferraris - both from the past and todays newest ones - are displayed. Very close by there is the Ferrari Store, the first official retail outlet where you can buy exclusive F1 memorabilia, clothing and accessories, open from 10.30a.m. to 7.30p.m. including Sundays.
- Villaggio della Salute. Only about 5kms away there is wonderful complex with many fun activities for kids including several swimming pools which could make an alternative day out especially if you have children with you. It has a bar and a restaurant and of course for ultimate relaxation there are a range of spa treatments and massages.
- Close to il Castello is Golf Club Le Fonti. The Golf course covers 18 holes over 6480 meters, par 72. Its facilities include: driving range, pitching green, putting green, chipping green, golf cars, caddies, club trolley hire, golf school, pro-shop, bar and restaurant area, swimming pool, car park.
- Balsamic vinegar. It belongs to Modena's ancient traditions. For centuries the production of balsamic vinegar, in the dry attics of private homes, passed on from generation to generation, was the prerogative of all families for their own personal use or at the most to be offered as special and most appreciated gift. The traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena stands out for its colour, density, fragrance and flavour which are the result of a period of ageing that can range from 12 to 25 years and more. A visit to a Balsamic Vinegar producer can be arranged at the local town of Spilamberto.
- Faenza” (Faience) is a synonym for pottery worldwide, but is chiefly a place where the ceramic art has linked the new and the old and where a lively artistic sense is found in the crafts workshops, palazzos and art schools, not to mention tourist and cultural event.
- Brisighella is a wonderful little town to visit. It is in one of the hilly parts conveniently positioned on one of the spectacularly beautiful, curvy, and un-trafficked roads where you can rubberneck about at 30kph (politely pulling in to the right if a mad 'Ape' is behind you). Here is a view of the Via dei Asini (it is a street, sheltered by porticos, which is a sort of given in ER - vedi Bologna) but also a lot more than that. Brisighella boasts a museum of contadino life, showing celebrations of local traditional rural cultures - usually a hit with visitors of all ages. Brisighella also boasts some spectacular lookout towers if you want to climb the rather steep hill. This bit of healthy exercise is defnitely worthwhile.
- It is very easy to get to the Adriatic coast from Il Castello della Collina just have to get onto the A14 motorway and take off towards Ancona, after about one hour drive you will get to the beaches near Rimini, Cattolica and Cesena. These beaches are very safe and wide and the water doesn't get deep for a few hundred yards from the coast. No tides and very few waves during normal summer weather so perhaps not the best thing for surfers but perfect for children.
Accommodation & Layout
six bedrooms that can be configured with 2- 4 doubles and 2-4 twins, so can easily sleep up to 12 plus a cot.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
Indoor full size pool table
What we can arrange for you
- Private catering by our personal executive chef
- Mid stay cleaning
- Bike hire
- A car for your stay is essential and we can help find this for you, if required.
Near by tours and activities