This exceptional private chateau in Dordogne enjoys a dominant position on a hill with spectacular views of the river and surrounding countryside. This is a luxurious and stylish retreat, completely private, with a huge stone fireplace, comfortable furnishings and attractive decor, terraces overlooking the river, and an impressive conservatory-style dining room. Built in the warm-coloured local stone, this atmospheric 15th century chateau is simultaneously cosy and spacious, full of character and very welcoming.
- This would certainly be a holiday to remember for a very long time!
- This region is of course famous for its caves (grottes) with their ancient wall paintings and spectacular stalagmites and stalagtites
It has a kitchen with dining areas.
Hilltop Pool Rental - Chateau De La Riviere Location and other villas and tours nearby
Hilltop Pool Rental - Chateau De La Riviere is one of our
France Luxury Rentals .
View Guide to
France Luxury Vacations
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Activities / What to do there?
- No matter what the composition of your group, you will find plenty here to do for everyone. This region is of course famous for its caves (grottes) with their ancient wall paintings and spectacular stalagmites and stalagtites: Chateau de la Riviere is ideally placed if you want to visit some of these, such as the Gouffre du Padirac just a few miles away.
- The Dordogne region is also famous for its good food and wine and, as an additional bonus, just a short drive from Chateau de le Riviere is a luxury chateau hotel with a Michelin-starred restaurant. Also within easy reach is the important little town of Rocamadour, France's second-most visited destination (after Mont St Michel).
- Many sporting activities are available nearby, ranging from canoeing/kayaking on several rivers, to fishing, horse riding, hot-air ballooning and cycling. Or why not simply take a boat trip along the Dordogne itself in one of the distinctive, traditional flat-bottomed gabarres and soak up the wonderful scenery?
- A stay at this wonderful private chateau in Dordogne would not be complete without a visit to the bustling and attractive medieval market towns of Sarlat-le-Caneda and Martel, where you will find good shops and restaurants, pavement cafes and, of course, excellent markets.
Accommodation & Layout
Covered porch with two entrance doors, one to a self-contained ground floor unit comprising:
Main entrance door:
- Double bedroom (1.80m) with doors to garden, ensuite bathroom, separate WC.
- Double/twin bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m) with air conditioning, balcony terrace overlooking the river, ensuite bathroom, WC.
Second Floor :
- Double bedroom (1.80m) with lovely views, air conditioning, ensuite bathroom and separate WC.
- Double/twin bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m) with air conditioning, small sitting room, ensuite bathroom with corner bath, WC.
- Double/twin bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m) (TV), air conditioning, sitting area.
- A wooden staircase leads to an upper level utility room/ maid's room.
What's Included / Staff & Amenities
- Winter heating.
- 3 hours maid service mid-week.
- TV, CD, DVD, video
What we can arrange for you
- Chef & extra maid service on request.
Near by tours and activities