The luxury castle rental Château de la Barre invites you on a romantic journey back in time to the Middle Ages and the golden Renaissance in the heart of France - the Loire Valley. Enjoy wine tasting and private tours of castles, marked by exclusive historical tours and private visits in some of France's most beautiful villages.
- Leave everyday life behind you : champagne welcome followed by a private visit of the château by the Comte de Vanssay.
- Visit Leonardo da Vinci’s home, Le Clos Lucé, and the Royal Palace of François Ier, in Amboise. Possible Renaissance lunch with Master Sausin, historic cuisine chef, at the Priory of Clos Lucé upon prior reservation.
- Later, spend time at the famous Loire valley chateau of Chenonceau.
- On the way back, taste some Loire valley vintage wines in a troglodyte cave before indulging in a gourmet dinner at Lavardin, one of the most beautiful villages of France, with its’ XIth century fortress and XIIIth century romanesque church.
- Stroll around the Renaissance château and honour court of Courtanvaux castle
- Continue your drive along small roads of this unspoilt countryside to indulge in a wine tasting of Jasnières, the white wine described by Curnonsky as "three times a century, the best white wine in the world."
- Then discover the remarkable old city of Le Mans with it's gallo roman walls, home of the Plantagenet kings, and the Abbeye de L’Epau, built by Richard the Lionhearted’s widow.
- Dine in the old city or by the Sarthe river in an old Mill.
Available year round.
Renaissance Tour of Loire Valley Castles and Wine Tasting Location and other villas and tours nearby
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Tour Location / Places Visiteds
France's Loire Valley: Conflans-sur-Anille, Priory of Clos Lucé, Amboise, Chenonceau castle, Courtanvaux castle, Lavardin, Le Mans