8 Days : $4,925 per person inclusive of superior rooms in superior hotels, superior outside cabin in Galapagos, airfare to and from Galapagos and Galapagos park fees, all meals, small group naturalist tours in Galapagos, private guides and car and driver on land. International airfare is additional and we can assist. Business Class airfare at special rates is available and highly recommended.
Day 1 Depart USA
Today you depart for Quito the Capital of Ecuador one of Latin America's undiscovered gems. Although it absorbs less than 2% of the earth's surface it is home to 17% of its variety of birdlife. Upon arrival in Quito late in the evening yoy will be met by your car and driver and escorted to your deluxe hotel.
Day 2 Exploring Quito
After breakfast your guide will meet you at the hotel and take you on a personally escorted tour of this sublime city, arguably the most beautiful in South America with a refreshing spring-like climate dominated by the snow-capped mountain volcanoes. Destroyed by the Inca's themselves to stop the city falling into the hands of Pizarro and his followers, the city was rebuilt as a Spanish colonial masterpieces. After lunch you will have the opportunity to straddle a line with one foot in the Northern Hemisphere and the other in the Southern. As its name suggests, Ecuador lies on the Equator. This evening your driver will pick you up and take to a popular Quito restaurant where you have dinner. After dinner you have a private tour of the illuminated city that takes on a new dimension after dark.
Day 3 Quito/Galapagos
Today your driver will be waiting to take you to the airport where you will take a ninety minute flight west into the Pacific to a group of Islands spread over 19,000 square miles...The Galapagos. Here, the birds and mammals that evolved in isolation never developed a fear of man and provided the natural laboratory for Charles Darwin and his seminal studies on evolution. Upon arrival you will be transferred to Galapagos Explorer II, one of the finest vessels to cruise these waters. You have a chance to relax on your balcony before joing the other guests for dinner
Day 4 Bartholome and Santiago Islands
After breakfast one of the ship's Zodiacs will take you to Bartholome Island for some snorkeling under the watchful eye of Pinnacle rock, a Galapagos landmark. After lunch on board you head to nearby Santiago (also called James) Ssland where you can walk on volcanic flow that was created less than 100 years ago. After an intriquing day on two od the idlands you return to the ship to hear a lecture on the next Islands to be visited and to enjoy an excellent meal.
Day 5 Isabela and Fernandina Islands
Today we visit Isabela Island, the largest in the Galapagos which is made up of six volcanoes the tallest if which is close to 6,000 feet. Here we will discover blue-footed boobies, flightless cormorants, Galapagos penguins (yes, Penguins at the Equator), pink flamingoes, Galapagos seals and the famous giant tortoises. After lunch and a short cruise we visit Fernandina or Narborough Island where we will view Lu Cumbre, a volcano that has erupted ten times over the last 150 years.
Day 6 Santa Cruz Island
Also known as Indefatigable Island, Santa Cruz is the main commercial centre in the Galapagos. Your first visit will be to the mangrove swamps of Cerra Dragon where green Sea Turtles and Galapagos Sharks can be seen. In the afternoon you visit the Charles Darwin Research Station at Puerto Ayora where there is a captive breeding centre for Iguanas and the famous giant tortoises.
Day 7 San Cristobal Island/Guayaquil
After breakfast, you arrive in Wreck Bay on San Cristobal Island, the administrative capital of the Galapagos. You depart the ship and head to the airport for the flight to Guayaquil, the country's largest city and port. Upon arrival you are met by your guide who will take you on a tour of the city before delivering you to your deluxe hotel After a chance to relax you enjoy dinner at the hotel.
Day 8 Return to USA
After breakfast your driver will be waiting to take you to the airport for your return trip home.
Available Year Round
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Quito, Galapagos Islands, Guayaquil
• Business Class airfare from the US departure point to the International destination
• All air transportation as part of the program offered and 1st Class rail travel as indicated on the itinerary
• Superior Rooms at the properties indicated in the accommodations area (We reserve the right to substitute a property of equal quality in advance of departure should the designated hotel be unavailable).
• Private Transfers to and from the airport or rail station
• All meals as indicated on the itinerary by B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
• Private guides for city explorations and private driver/guide while traveling.
• Entrance fees to all museums, attractions and other venues as indicated on the daily itinerary
• Baggage handling at all hotels
• All applicable taxes and service fees
Services Not Included
• Beverages with included meals ( unless otherwise indicated on itinerary page)
• Any meals not indicated on the Itinerary page
• Items of a personal nature e.g. minibar, film, postcards etc.
• Gratuities to Guides and Driver/Guides ( we provide suggested guidelines for your selected destination in your pre-departure material
• Any passport or visa fees or government departure taxes