- VIP seats at the Sound and Light Show at the Pyramids
- Visiting the Botanical Gardens in Aswan by traditional Felucca
- A tour of the Temple of Sobek in Kom Ombo
- Spectacular Red Sea views from your room at the Ritz-Carlton in Sharm El Sheikh
Day 1 Depart USA
This evening you depart on your overnight flight to Cairo and the beginning of your Egyptian Holiday.
Day 2 Welcome to Cairo
Upon arrival, you will be met by your guide for a private transfer to your hotel. As you drive to the hotel you will start to be immersed in the culture of Cairo. Cairo has been the largest city in Africa for centuries. Modern Cairo encompasses many former cities and their monuments: the pyramids of the pharaohs, early Christian monasteries and churches; Salah al-Din's Citadel; mosques of the Mamluke and Ottoman sultans. Five thousand years of culture are concentrated here, at the center of three continents... and you are part of it.
Tonight a special welcome dinner accompanbied by VIP seats for the sound and light show at the pyramids.
Day 3 The Pyramids, Sphinx and Aswan
This morning, your personal Egyptologist will introduce you to some of the most well known sites in the world. Your first visit is the reason many people come to Egypt. You will stand face to face with The Sphinx, the "sacred symbol of the union of the strongest physical with the highest intellectual power on earth" and stand in awe of the Pyramids. One of the seven wonders of the ancient world, King Cheops' pyramid was built in 2650BC and as Amelia Edwards said in 1877 "it is impossible to get tired of the Pyramids" After lunch you head to the airport for a brief flight to Aswan. Upon arrival you are met by your guide and taken to your hotel which is a resort located on an Island in the Nile. Aswan is a joining point between Egypt and ancient Nubia and Aswan was a significant trading post. You have a chance to enjoy the resort's facilities or to stroll the Corniche and watch the feluccas sailing on the Nile.
Day 4 Aswan, The Botanical Gardens and your Nile Cruise Ship
After breakfast, your guide will meet you and take you on a tour of Elephantine Island with a focus on the colorful Nubian houses and the bazaar, located off the Corniche. Yoyu return to the hotel and both you and your luggage are transferred to your Nile Cruise ship. Once established in your outside cabin, lunch is served on board. After lunch you will board a Felluca, which is a one-sail boat and taken to the Botanical Gardens located on another island on the Nile. This garden was initiated by Lord Kitchener while he was in Egypt building and training the Egyption army. After a visit to the gardens you return to the ship for afternoon tea. This evening a cocktail reception precedes an a la carte dinner in the ship's dining room.
Day 5 The High Dam, Kom Ombo and Edfu
This morning you will disembark to visit Aswan High Dam one of the largest in the world. The dam is 10,000 feet long and 120 feet wide at its top. You will than continue by motorboat to the beautiful island of Philae to view the Temple of Isis. Returning to the ship, you set sail for Kom Ombo. After lunch, you disembark to visit The Temple of Sobek dating back to the Ptolemaic period, dedicated to the Crocodile God.and built on a high dune overlooking the Nile After inspecting the temple you re-board and the ship sets sail for Edfu while you enjoy afternoon tea and the passing Nile scenery. This evening you have an Egyptian dinner and the opportunity to get in the spirit by wearng a Galabeyya.
Day 6 Edfu, Essna and the Cruise to Luxor
After breakfast you disembark for a tour of the Temple of Edfu. Built during the Ptolemaic period, this huge and exquisite edifice is dedicated to Horus the Sun God. Part of the experience is to travel to the temple by horse drawn carriage You return to the ship for lunch and while you dine you cruise the Nile to Essna where you pass through the Essna Locks on the way to Luxor. This is the final night of the cruise and you have the option of recreating an Agatha Christie night by dressing in Black and White and dancing to the ship's orchestra in between courses of your dinner.
Day 7 Luxor, Karnak and the Journey to the Red Sea
After lunch on board, you disembark and are met by your personal Egyptologist who will personally guide you through the temples in Luxor and Karnak. Luxor is divided by the Nile. To the east where the life-giving sun rises is the city of the living. To the west where the sun, in its never-ending orbit, bids farewell to life, is the city of the dead. You will start your exploration on the East bank to explore the Temple of Luxor built by Amenhotep III and Ramses II. You conclude our Luxor excursion with a visit to the temple of Karnak world famous for its history and architecture. after lunch you are transferred to the airport for the flight to the Red Sea Resort of Sharm El Sheikh.
Day 8 St.Catherine’s Monastery, Mt Sinai and the Ten Commandments
Today you will step back in history by visiting one of Egypt's most fascinating sites, St. Catherine's Monastery. Built in the 6th Century it was created as a fortress and guarded by knights and nestled deep in the Sinai mountain range. It comprises a number of churches and a magnificent library. It was built here because it was in this area that Moses saw the burning bush and from where he received the Ten Commandments. A spectacular climb to the top of Mount Sinai will allow us to retrace the steps of Moses.After lunch at a local restaurant you return to your resort for some relaxation.
Day 9 Relaxation on the Red Sea
We have set aside the whole day for relaxation. Whether that is shopping in the many boutiques, sunbathing by the pool or swimming in the ocean, it will allow the opportunity to reflect on all you have experienced over the past few days.
Day 10 Return to USA
You are picked up for the flight to Cairo connecting with your flight to the USA where you arrive later the same day.
Available Year Round
Private Guided and Cruise Tour - Egyptian Holiday ULEG08 Location and other villas and tours nearby
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Tour Location / Places Visiteds
Cairo, Aswan, Nile Cruise, Sharm El Sheikh
Additional Pricing Information
- All air transportation as part of the program offered including private and charter aircraft. (On those programs requiring private aircraft flights, you will be limited to 33lbs of luggage which can be stored in the safari luggage which we provide to you. Additional luggage will be stored for you for the rest of your trip. In the private camps, daily laundry is available (and, in most cases included).
- Luxury rail travel as indicated
- Superior Rooms at the properties indicated in the accommodations area (We reserve the right to substitute a property of equal quality in advance of departure should the designated hotel be unavailable)
- On Safari, only private camps are used and include all meals and all game viewing in most camps, house beer, wine, spirits and soft drinks (indicated on itinerary)
- Private Transfers to and from the airport at destination
- All meals as indicated on the itinerary by B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Private guides for city explorations and private driver/guide while traveling.
- Baggage handling at all hotels and camps
- All applicable taxes and service fees
Services Not Included
- International airfare (round-trip from hometown departure gateway to destination)
- Beverages with included meals (unless otherwise indicated on itinerary page)
- Any meals not indicated on the Itinerary page
- Items of a personal nature e.g. minibar, film, postcards etc.
- Gratuities to Guides and Driver/Guides (we provide suggested guidelines for your selected destination in your pre-departure material)
- Any passport or visa fees or government departure taxes (It is the traveler’s responsibility to secure the latest information regarding passports and visa requirements)
Other Nearby Tours and Activities