Day 1 Depart for Africa
- Enjoying a cocktail by a flowing river while the sun sets over Mount Kilimanjaro
- The chance to see endangered Black Rhino as they make their way back to a resurgence
- A private breakfast for two in the African bush with fresh linens, cutlery, friendly waiters and the aroma of sizzling bacon
- Your personal butler serving a private dinner with wine in your villa on the Indian Ocean
You board your overnight flight to Nairobi
Day 2 Arrival in Nairobi
Welcome to Nairobi. You are welcomed by one of our representatives and escorted to your car for the trip to your hotel. The House of Waine is an elegant, eleven room boutique hotel situated in Karen, a suburb of Nairobi and the former site of the coffee plantation owned by, Karen, Baroness Blixen of " Out of Africa" fame. It is an excellent introduction to Africa and a chance to unwind before the adventure ahead. Dinner is at the hotel this evening.
Day 3 Tsavo and a Camp Called Galdessa
After breakfast you will be met by your guide who will take you to the domestic Nairobi airport where you board your private aircraft bound for Tsavo East and your private camp situated on the banks of the Galana River overlooking the Yatta Plateau. Upon arrival you will be taken to the camp where you have lunch followed by a chance to relax on your verandah watching the activities in the river. In the later afternoon you will go out for an evening game drive culminating in a sundowner. Brightly colored rugs and sofa cushions are laid out on large boulders overlooking the Galana River where you can lay back; relax with an ice cold cocktail and hors d'oeuvres and watch the sunset over Mount Kilimanjaro. A candlelit dinner back at camp completes the day.
Days 4- 5 Experiencing Tsavo and the Black Rhino
During the next two days, the camp will tailor the activities based on your requirements. A typical day starts with a hot cup of tea or coffee served on your verandah. This is followed by a morning walk or game drive with one of the camp's knowledgeable guides culminating in a bush breakfast. You are taken to a dry sandy riverbed to find a table laid with pristine linen and china under the shades of the doum palms. Waiters appear from the bushes with cold, refreshing face towels to take your orders as the welcome smell of freshly cooked bacon wafts through the air. Hidden from view, a camp cook manages to produce a farmhouse breakfast in the most rudimentary bush kitchen. In the afternoon you can again choose between a walk and a game drive or you can elect to visit the Rhino Camp conservation camp where the once endangered Black Rhino are being brought back to strength. There are fifty in the area of your camp and, in the dry season up to 8,000 elephants. Sundowners and dinner complete your days.
Day 6 Drive to Diani Beach and Alfajiri Villas
This morning you have a final game walk or game drive and ten you are picked up and driven the relatively short distance to the Indian Ocean Coast and the Alfajiri Villas located on Diani Beach. Upon arrival you will be taken to your Villa where you have a chance to relax, take a dip in the pool or the ocean. Dinner this evening can either be served in your villa or in the dining room.
Days 7- 9 Enjoying the Alfajiri Lifestyle
For the next three days you can do as much or as little as you want. You can play golf, snorkel in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean or enjoy a relaxing massage since, along with all your meals and drinks, they are included. If you want to be convivial you can go to the bar and dining room for drinks and dinner or you can stay in your villa and be served by your butler. No matter how much or how little you do at the end of the Alfajiri experience you will be stress-free by the time you leave.
Day 10 Nairobi, a Carnivore Feast and a visit to Karen’s Museum
In the morning you are taken to the airstrip where your aircraft waits to take you back to Nairobi. Upon arrival you are met by your guide who will first take you to the world famous Carnivore restaurant where meat is on the menu both domesticated and wild, the lamb is good but so too are Zebra and crocodile. After a hearty lunch you will go to the Karen Blixen Museum to relive her time in Africa from 1914 to 1931 which formed the basis for her book "Out of Africa". You will also visit the giraffe orphanage where giraffes are reared for a return to the wild and visit a local craft center. Your guide than takes you to the international airport for your return flight to the USA.
Day 11 Arrive in the USA
You arrive back home at breakfast time
Private Escorted Tour - Tsavo and Diani Beach ULEA03 Location and other villas and tours nearby
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Tour Location / Places Visiteds
Nairobi, Tsavo East, Diani Beach, Nairobi
Additional Pricing Information
- All air transportation as part of the program offered including private and charter aircraft. (On those programs requiring private aircraft flights, you will be limited to 33lbs of luggage which can be stored in the safari luggage which we provide to you. Additional luggage will be stored for you for the rest of your trip. In the private camps, daily laundry is available (and, in most cases included).
- Luxury rail travel as indicated
- Superior Rooms at the properties indicated in the accommodations area (We reserve the right to substitute a property of equal quality in advance of departure should the designated hotel be unavailable)
- On Safari, only private camps are used and include all meals and all game viewing in most camps, house beer, wine, spirits and soft drinks ( indicated on itinerary)
- Private Transfers to and from the airport at destination
- All meals as indicated on the itinerary by B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Private guides for city explorations and private driver/guide while traveling.
- Baggage handling at all hotels and camps
- All applicable taxes and service fees
What's Not Included
- International airfare (round-trip from hometown departure gateway to destination)
- Beverages with included meals (unless otherwise indicated on itinerary page)
- Any meals not indicated on the Itinerary page
- Items of a personal nature e.g. minibar, film, postcards etc.
- Gratuities to Guides and Driver/Guides (we provide suggested guidelines for your selected destination in your pre-departure material)
- Any passport or visa fees or government departure taxes (It is the traveler’s responsibility to secure the latest information regarding passports and visa requirements)
Other Nearby Tours and Activities