- Learning to cook, “outback style”
- Your own private chalet in the rainforest
- Canoeing on the Mossman River
- Relaxing on an Island discovered and named by Captain Cook
- Snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef
Day 1 Depart USA
You board your overnight flight headed for Australia to begin your exploration of Far North Queensland.
Day 2 En Route
You will cross the International Date Line technically "losing" a day but you will regain that day upon your return.
Day 3 Welcome to Cairns and Far North Queensland
You arrive in Cairns in the early afternoon and are met by your guide who will escort you to the General aviation terminal where you board your flight to Wrothan Park Station, a working cattle station 200 miles west of Cairns. Upon arrival you are shown to your "quarters" which sit on an escarpment overlooking the Mitchell River. While this may be the outback don't expect to give up any creature comforts including plunge pool and a well stocked self service bar in the "Homestead". After freshening up a gourmet dinner with fine Australian wine is in store. D
Day 4 Learning the Outback Life
After a good night's sleep and a hearty breakfast, you are ready to explore a small part of this large (600,000 hectares) station. You will be taken on a station discovery tour and, depending on the season, try your hand at cattle mustering. You will also get Country Chef Cooking demonstration before returning to the "homestead" for a fine lunch. In the afternoon you can take a nature walk or a nice dip in the pool. B, L, D
Day 5 Relaxing by the Mitchell River
You have a day for relaxation or exploration or a combination of the two. Start out with a Guided Nature Walk and follow that with a game of Bocce. Some lunch and then take out a mountain bike for a trip in the outback; maybe fishing in the river or some bird watching? Of course, relaxing on your chaise lounge might also be an option. B, L, D
Day 6 From the Outback to the Rainforest
Thoroughly relaxed from a stay in the outback you are ready for a new kind of experience. Your guide will take you to the airstrip where you board your flight for Cairns. Upon arrival you are met and driven to your Lodge in Daintree National Park and overlooking the Mossman River. Daintree is the oldest living rain forest on earth and you will be spending your time here exploring it. B
Day 7 Discovering the Natural Wonders of the Rain Forest
Today you have a variety of options from which to choose. We recommend a canoeing excursion on the Mossman River in the morning followed by a Guided Rainforest walk in the afternoon. You can ride one of the bikes provided by the Lodge or a game of tennis. If you need to unwind even further, the Lodge has The Healing Waters Spa on premises. B
Day 8 Flight to Lizard Island
Today you will be met by your private car and driver and transferred to Cairns Airport, General Aviation terminal for your flight to Lizard Island. Upon arrival at the Island, you are met by a representative from the Resort and taken to your accommodation. Lizard Island is the farthest north of the Barrier Reef resort islands and is north east of Cairns and approximately 65 miles from Cooktown. The island was named by James Cook and Joseph Banks after the numerous lizards they encountered. While on the island all meals and beverages are included. B, D
Day 9 A Day of Discovery
Lizard is a dry, rocky and mountainous island with superb white sand beaches, which front the resort, offering excellent swimming and snorkeling. There are a variety of bushwalks and birdlife with great views from Cook's Look, the highest point on the island from where Captain Cook first surveyed the area. B, L, D
Day 10 A Day of Relaxation
Today you can take a glass bottom boat trip or captain your own catamaran. For the more adventurous you have the option of diving or snorkeling on the inner or the outer reef. As an alternative you can just work on your tan. B, L, D
Day 11 Return to USA
Today your driver will take you to the airport where you begin your journey back to the US, gaining back your "lost" day, you arrive back in the afternoon of the same day.
Luxury Private Tour - Natural Wonders of North Queensland ULAU04 Location and other villas and tours nearby
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Tour Location / Places Visiteds
Wrotham Park, Daintree Park, Lizard Island
Additional Pricing Information
- Superior Rooms at the properties indicated in the accommodations area (We reserve the right to substitute a property of equal quality in advance of departure should the designated hotel be unavailable)
- Private Transfers to and from the airport at destination
- All meals as indicated on the itinerary by B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Private guides for city explorations and private driver/guide while traveling.
- Entrance fees to all museums, attractions and other venues as indicated on the daily itinerary
- Baggage handling at all hotels
- All applicable taxes and service fees
What's not Included
- Beverages with included meals (unless otherwise indicated on itinerary page)
- Any meals not indicated on the Itinerary page
- Items of a personal nature e.g. minibar, film, postcards etc.
- Gratuities to Guides and Driver/Guides (we provide suggested guidelines for your selected destination in your pre-departure material)
- Any passport or visa fees or government departure taxes (It is the traveler’s responsibility to secure the latest informationregarding passports and visa requirements)