- A full day Ring of Kerry excursion including a picnic lunch
- Dinner at The Lime Tree, a renowned restaurant in Kenmare
- Exploring the Rock of Cashel
- The farewell dinner at Adare Manor
Day 1 Depart USA
You board your flight for the overnight trip to the charming country of Ireland, justly known for its scenery and charming inhabitants it is also developing a reputation for its cuisine.
Day 2 Welcome to Ireland
You arrive in Shannon in the morning where your guide is waiting to take you to the scenic town of Kenmare situated on a charming bay. Your hotel is located on the Beara peninsula and offers a cozy elegance. You have a chance to relax and walk along the bay before dinner in the hotel's renowned dining room.
Day 3 Exploring Iveragh Peninsula and Discovering The Lime Tree
After breakfast your guide will be ready to take you on a scenic tour around the Ring of Kerry which affords a journey through some of Kerry's most outstanding scenery around the Iveragh Peninsula. During your day you will travel through Killorglin, by Caragh Lake and Glenbeigh where you get your first view of the Atlantic at Rossbeigh. You will visit Dingle Bay, Kells and Cahersiveen where Valentia Island is visible offshore. Stopping for a picnic lunch at a scenic spot you continue on to Ballinskelligs and Coomakista Pass before arriving back in Kenmare. This evening you are introduced to The Lime Tree considered one of Ireland's finest restaurants.
Day 4 The Charms of Kinsale
After breakfast your guide will be ready to take you to the fishing port of Kinsale. This quaint town with its narrow cobbled streets leading down to the harbor is sure to captivate you. You will be staying overnight at a luxury bed & Breakfast close to town. After lunch you're free to explore on your own. This evening a table is reserved at Jim Edwards, a family-owned restaurant offering charm, candlelight and the freshest seafood.
Day 5 The Rock of Cashel
Today you will head for the town of Cashel has a very ancient history, albeit only documented since the 4th Century. The Rock of Cashel, with its well preserved ecclesiastical remains, is one of Ireland's most spectacular landmarks, rising above the surrounding plain and dominating the land route southward. The large Cathedral, ancient round tower and the very early Romanesque Cormac's Chapel , perched on a dramatic outcrop of rock, were silent witnesses to many of the stirring events of Irish History; St.Patrick converted the local King Aenghus, here in the 5th century; Brian Boru was crowned King of Ireland on this spot in the early 11th Century. You have a chance to explore the town. Your hotel has its own private pathway from the Rock and sits at its base. Tonight, dine at the Bishop's Buttery Restaurant.
Day 6 The Rugged Grandeur of Connemara
Today you will have full day in Connemara, one of the most scenic regions in Ireland. Its craggy mountain peaks, expansive sandy beaches and laced networks of lakes exemplify the peaceful solitude and rugged beauty of The West of Ireland. Connemara is not a town or County and you won't find it by name on a map. The name is given to the western portion of County Galway which lies between Lough Corrib and the Atlantic. Dominated by the Twelve Bens mountain range, dotted with lakes and fringed by the Atlantic coastline, its innumerable creeks, bays and little harbors make it one of Ireland's most memorable touring areas. Your hotel this evening is located in the heart of Connemara on its own beach on Cashel Bay.
Day 7 Limerick and the Dining Pleasures of Adare
After breakfast you will first head to Limerick, Ireland's third largest city with a beautiful location on one of Ireland's most picturesque rivers, the River Shannon. Conquered by the Vikings in the ninth century, this city has a rich medieval past, which resounds around its ancient streets. As well as the internationally renowned Hunt Museum with its exceptional art collection including works from Picasso, da Vinci and Renoir, Limerick also boasts a wonderful medieval precinct with the famous 800-year-old King John's Castle. After exploring the city and having lunch, you are taken to your final hotel, the famous Adare Manor. You finish your trip with an a la carte farewell dinner in the Oak Room Restaurant.
Day 8 Return to USA
In the morning you will be driven to Shannon airport for your return flight to the US arriving back that same afternoon.
Available Year Round
Luxury Guided Tour - Introduction to Irish Cuisine ULIR02 Location and other villas and tours nearby
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Tour Location / Places Visiteds
Kenmare, Kinsale, Cashel, Connemara, Adare
Additional Pricing Information
- 1st Class rail travel as indicated on the itinerary
- Superior Rooms at the properties indicated in the accommodations area (We reserve the right to substitute a property of equal quality in advance of departure should the designated hotel be unavailable)
- Private Transfers to and from the airport or rail station at destination
- All meals as indicated on the itinerary by B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Private guides for city explorations and private driver/guide while traveling.
- Entrance fees to all museums, attractions and other venues as indicated on the daily itinerary
- Baggage handling at all hotels
- All applicable taxes and service fees
Services Not Included
- International airfare (round-trip from hometown departure gateway to destination)
- Beverages with included meals (unless otherwise indicated on itinerary page)
- Any meals not indicated on the Itinerary page
- Items of a personal nature e.g. minibar, film, postcards etc.
- Gratuities to Guides and Driver/Guides (we provide suggested guidelines for your selected destination in your pre-departure material)
- Any passport or visa fees or government departure taxes (It is the traveler’s responsibility to secure the latest information regarding passports and visa requirements)
Other Nearby Tours and Activities