Day 1 Depart USA
- A welcome dinner at Le Fouquet’s the Marrakesh branch of the famous Parisian Brasserie
- A privately guided tour of the hidden delights of Marrakesh
- A special seafood lunch by the sea in Casablanca
You board your overnight flight for Morocco and enjoy a welcoming glass of Champagne. Dinner is served and after, you have the chance to stretch out in your Business Class seat as you make your way to Marrakesh.
Day 2 Arrival in Marrakesh
Upon arrival at Marrakesh your driver will meet you and take you to your hotel, considered one of the city's best. After a chance to freshen up you leave for a trip around the city. An enchanting palm oasis set against the snow-capped peaks of the High Atlas Mountains, Marrakesh is Morocco's second oldest imperial city and retains its historical charm. You'll see the ancient Bahia Palace from the days of the harem, the royal Saadian Tombs and the Koutoubia Mosque and Minaret and Djamaa El Fna Square where Berber acrobats, fortune tellers, storytellers and mischievous monkeys perform.
Day 3 The Medina and the Magical Garden
After breakfast you visit the old medina built in the 9th century and home to the souks or bazaars where bargains abound. Your guide will explain the various areas of the souk and you will have some time for shopping. After lunch you will board a private horse drawn carriage (called a caleche) and, along with your guide, visit Menara Park and Majorelle Garden which was created by Jacque Majorelle a French artist who made Marrakesh his home. After his death it was neglected until it was purchased by Yves Saint Laurent and restored to its historic beauty. This evening you will have dinner at one of Marrakesh's best restaurants.
Day 4 Beni Mellal and the Scenic Ride to Fez
Today you travel from a desert oasis, past ski resorts to Fez, the holiest city in the Islamic world after Mecca and Medina. After breakfast your guide will pick you up for the drive to Fez via the desert and palm groves to Beni Mellal overlooking the Beni Amir Plain. You then continue through Berber villages, past the ski resorts of Azrou and Ifrane before arriving in Fez and your deluxe hotel where dinner awaits.
Day 5 A Private Exploration of Fez
Fez is the spiritual, cultural and religious center of the kingdom. Your full day of sightseeing includes the medieval Medina, the University, the Karaouine Mosque with its roof of emerald green tiles, and the magnificent Nejjarine Fountain. You will then continue to the Mellah with its historic cemetery. You'll take a break for lunch then wander the winding cobblestone streets in search of bargains. You'll visit the famous leather tanneries, a honeycomb of vats erupting in an explosion of color before returning to your hotel. This evening dinner is in one of the city's Riads located in the old part of the city.
Day 6 Moulay Idriss, Meknes and Volubilis
Following breakfast at your hotel you will depart for the Holy City of Moulay Idriss where the founder of Islam in Morocco is buried. You will then visit the Imperial City of Meknes with its 25 miles of walls surrounding the city; it is sometimes referred to as the "Versailles of Morocco". Much of it was built by Moulay Ismail who used 25,000 captives as laborers to construct this monumental city including a stable capable of boarding 12,000 horses. You will have lunch in Meknes before continuing on to visit the Roman Ruins of Volubilis. This town marked the end of the Roman Roads after the Romans conquered Gaul and Spain they were stopped by the Berbers from entering the Atlas Mountains You will have a privately guided tour of the ruins before continuing to Rabat.
Day 7 Rabat and Casablanca
Nothing captures the sense of intrigue and adventure than today's destination. First, however you will explore Rabat. This is not only the capital of the country but is also rated as "the best" Moroccan city by many travelers. Far smaller than Casablanca and not as culturally diverse as Marrakesh, Rabat is none the less a hit with travelers because of its blend of old and new. You will pass through the Amohad gate to the Kasbah des Oudaias, situated on a bluff overlooking the Atlantic. Inside the gates you will discover artisan galleries, an ornate 17th Century palace now part of Museum of Moroccan Arts and the magnificent Andalusian Gardens near the Tour Hassan, a 12th century Minaret intended to be the highest and largest in the Muslim world. You then head to Casablanca stopping for lunch at a seafood restaurant overlooking the sea. After lunch you visit the mosque of Hassan II, the second largest mosque in the world, and take a drive along the Corniche with its uninterrupted sweep of beaches, pools and cafes before arriving at your hotel.
Day 8 Return to the USA
After breakfast your driver will be ready to take you to the airport for your return trip to the US where you arrive back later the same day.
Available Year Round
Luxury Escorted Tour - Morocco in Style ULMO01 Location and other villas and tours nearby
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Tour Location / Places Visiteds
Marrakesh, Fez, Rabat, Casablanca
Additional Pricing Information
- All air transportation as part of the program offered including private and charter aircraft. (On those programs requiring private aircraft flights, you will be limited to 33lbs of luggage which can be stored in the safari luggage which we provide to you. Additional luggage will be stored for you for the rest of your trip. In the private camps, daily laundry is available (and, in most cases included).
- Luxury rail travel as indicated
- Superior Rooms at the properties indicated in the accommodations area (We reserve the right to substitute a property of equal quality in advance of departure should the designated hotel be unavailable)
- On Safari, only private camps are used and include all meals and all game viewing in most camps, house beer, wine, spirits and soft drinks (indicated on itinerary)
- Private Transfers to and from the airport at destination
- All meals as indicated on the itinerary by B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Private guides for city explorations and private driver/guide while traveling.
- Baggage handling at all hotels and camps
- All applicable taxes and service fees
Services Not Included
- International airfare (round-trip from hometown departure gateway to destination)
- Beverages with included meals (unless otherwise indicated on itinerary page)
- Any meals not indicated on the Itinerary page
- Items of a personal nature e.g. minibar, film, postcards etc.
- Gratuities to Guides and Driver/Guides (we provide suggested guidelines for your selected destination in your pre-departure material)
- Any passport or visa fees or government departure taxes (It is the traveler’s responsibility to secure the latest information regarding passports and visa requirements)
Other Nearby Tours and Activities