- Travel with KQED’s Michael Krasny to the “land of poets,” as Chileans call their country, and learn about its rich literary traditions, colorful history, and award-winning wines.
- Meet with Chilean writers and artists, conversing about the influence of Gabriela Mistral, Pablo Neruda, and Isabel Allende on their work and how a prosperous and democratic Chile is shaping Chilean culture.
- Visit all three of Pablo Neruda’s homes in central Chile—La Chascona, La Sebastiana, and Isla Negra—authentic manifestations of the poetry, passion, and political convictions that defined his life.
- Explore Chile through the eyes of Isabel Allende’s protagonists, including Ines Suarez of Ines of My Soul, Eliza Sommers of Daughter of Fortune, and Clara del Valle of The House of Spirits.
- Savor the wines, cuisine, and scenery of Chile’s capital city, Santiago; Chile’s primary port and UNESCO World Heritage site Valparaiso; and the wine country of the Casablanca Valley.
Hotel Plaza San Francisco (4 nights, Santiago); Hotels Gervasoni or Zero (3 nights, Valparaiso)
January 07 — January 16, 2011
Literary Chile, Culinary and Educational Tour Location and other villas and tours nearby
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Additional Pricing Information
$4,990, double occupancy (reduced from published fare of $5,990);
$6,780 single occupancy (reduced from published fare of $7,780).
Please note that a deposit of $1,000 per person is required to reserve your space.
Extension pricing: $3,790 per person, double occupancy; $990 single supplement.
Other Nearby Tours and Activities