This movement was marked by Art Nouveau which extended itself from Paris to various parts around Europe, a movement which inspired the most distinguished Spanish artists and artisans to achieve a perfect integration of the arts.
“Names such as Gaudi, Puig I Cadafalch, Domènech i Montaner, Casas, Rusiñol, Nonell, Mir, Homar, Busquets, Blay, Arnau and the Llimona brothers emerged, amongst others. Each of these artists represents an example of the diversity of choices and the richness of the colours of the time, from the cosmopolitanism and the modernity of Impressionism, passing through Symbolism and Expressionism, to arrive at decorative arts, true protagonists of the Modernist movement with their presence in daily life. A trip through Modernism. We propose an immersion in the fabulous world of Modernism, which changed Spanish art and is known as one of the most splendid eras, combined with exquisite Spanish gastronomy, cooked by chefs professionally trained in restaurants such as el Bulli.
Several options for you to choose. All of them includes:
- Tailor made itinerary designed for you
- Admission fees for all private and public collections before, during and after public opening hours.
- Lunch as specified in the itinerary
- Transport between locations in saloons or Mercedes
- Possibility to visit private collections and galleries
- Dinner as specified in the itinerary
- Reservation services for lunch, courtesy of Alberta La Grup.
- Concierge services, courtesy of Alberta La Grup.
Example of Programme:
- Welcome and introductions in the unique Palace Architectural Heritage 1770, in the heart of the Gothic quarter of Barcelona, with an intimate breakfast.
- Private conference with an art critic: Barcelona Modernism and private visit to the Palau.
- Traslado al lujoso Paseo del centro de la ciudad and visit to the emblematic buildings of Gaudí, accompanied by expert guides in modern architecture.
- Lunch in a special restaurant, to enjoy special Catalonian Gastronomy. A culinary proposal inspired in the cultural movement que revitalizó la ciudad hace más de un siglo.
- Exclusive visit to to (the only jewellery shop in the world whose creations are based on original designs and techniques from the beginning of the century, accompanied by the owners of the shop
- Leisure time. Personal shopping service offered by Alberta La Grup
- Private Guided tour –during hours not open to the public– of the private collection of Museo Modernista Catalan which houses the private collection of collectors and directors Fernando Pinós and María Guirao, made up of 350 works of 42 artists, all Catalan. You will be at the hand of an expert in Modernist art.
- Private cocktail dinner – maximum of 6 guests – in the Museum´s own department with an exclusive Catalan menu
- Transfer to and from the hotel
- Obsequio especial recuerdo de la velada.
- Alberta La Grup doesn´t have any preconceptions or hidden agendas. All our programs are tailor made directly for you, with the intention of offering cultural itineraries which will not only satisfy your tastes, but also exceed your expectations. We love what we do, and for us it is a pleasure to share this with you.
Experience exclusively designed by Alberta La Grup. All year round.