Description of 7 Days Guided Tour - North Kerala Tour
- Coimbatore: Drive to Silent Valley
- Arrive at Coimbatore Airport/ Coimbatore Railway station. Pick up and transfer to Silent Valley, on arrival check in to Resort.
- Silent Valley is a virgin, fragile forest, nestled in the mountain folds of the Nilgiris in Southern India. In God’s own country, Kerala, Silent Valley is surely God’s own abode. It has etymological connotations to the absence of noisy insect cicadas that are generally abundant in tropical rain forests, although now, cicadas form an integral part of the forest. The local names of the valley and the river that flows through it, resurrect the grand tale of the Mahabharata. In the local lingo, Silent Valley is called Sai-randhi-vanam or Sai-randhiri (synonymous with Draupadi, wife of the Pandavas) and the river is called Kunthipuzha (synonymous with Kunti, mother of the Pandavas).
- Evening local sightseeing in Silent Valley. Overnight Stay at Silent Valley.
- Squirell, Silent Valley Kerala
- Morning go for local sightseeing by visiting Silent Valley National Park and have 06 hours Jungle Safari inside Silent Valley National Park
- In Jungle safari you spend the whole day exploring this tropical evergreen rain forest areas in the precious biodiversity resources. Silent Valley National Park is one of the few remaining pristine forest areas in the Western Ghats. It has an amazing range of wildlife. Tigers, deer, and mammals native to the South Indian peninsula, such as Nilgiri languor, Malabar Giant Squirrel, Lion – Tailed Macaque, Flying squirrel and Civet Cat are found in Silent Valley National Park. More than 100 butterfly’s species and 400 moth species have also been observed in this park. Birds such as the Malabar Hornbill, hoopoes, tree Pie, barbets, Crow pheasant, Woodpeckers, Rollers, Drongoes, Kingfishers and Parakeets can be seen in abundance in this park. Many varieties of snakes, amphibians and lizards can also be seen in silent valley).
- Overnight Stay at Silent Valley.
- By Road 240 km in 5.5 hrs
- Check out from the hotel and drive to Wayanad.
- Wayanad is one of the most scenic and salubrious places in Kerala. Set at an altitude of 700-2100 m in the majestic Western Ghats, Wayanad is a place acclaimed for its enthralling natural splendor. Ferns, moss, plants and trees in every conceivable shades of green cover every nuke and cranny of Wayanad. Undulating mountains with mist-clad peaks and dense virgin forests make up a majority of Wayanad’s landscape. The life-bloods of Wayanad - Panamaram, Mananthavady and Kabani rivers, along with their tributaries gurgle and gush through the verdant landscape. The district is reputed for its luxurious spice, coffee, tea, cardamom, pepper and rubber plantations which lie sprawled out in green folds on the hill-slope.
- Afternoon at leisure at hotel. Overnight Stay at Wayanad.
- Morning go for local sightseeing by visiting Pookot Lake, Edakkal Caves, Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary & Lakiddi View Point.
- Pookote Lake- This is a natural fresh water lake nestling amid evergreen forests and mountain slopes at an altitude of 2100 meters above sea level and having an area of 8.5ha. The Panamaram rivulet - one of the main tributaries of the Kabani River - originates from it. Lying 3km south of Vythiri town, the lake is one of the most popular tourist spots in Wayanad. Boating facilities are available. There is an aquarium and a green house here. Spices and handicraft items are available for sale at Pookote.
- Edakkal Caves- The Edakkal Cave located about 25km from Kalpetta is a 96ft long, 22ft wide and 30ft high cleft formed by the vertical split of a rocky mountain. A gigantic rock of enormous proportions fell into this crevice, forming a roof over a large part of it, giving it the impression of a cave. The rock wall is etched with carvings depicting human and animal figures and objects of human use. These carvings speak of a highly civilized people of pre-historic age, and have drawn the serious attention of archaeologists and historians worldwide.
- Overnight Stay at Wayanad.
- By Road 245kms in 6 hrs
- Wayanad Resort Kerala
- Check out from the hotel and drive to Nileshwaram.
- The KASARGOD is gifted by Mother Nature with water, forest, and mineral resources. The forest-covered Western Ghats in the east and the Arabian Sea in the west flank. Demarcating the north and the south are two rivers - the Talapadi and the Trikaripur (near Karuvellure). Grey rocks and barren land amidst dense Vegetation as well as calm lagoons visible through the coconut palms along the coastal bet lend this district a rare and distinct beauty. Not surprisingly, Kasargod is poised for growth in the area of tourism. Kasaragod is a beautiful town poised at the northern extreme of Kerala state which enjoys the largest and best preserved fort in the whole of Kerala, girded by a splendid beach. Shapedlike a giant keyhole, this magnificent historical fort offers a superb view of the Arabian sea from its tall observation towers, where a few centuries ago huge cannons were strategically placed.
- Evening at 05.00 pm board House Boat. Overnight Stay at Nileshwaram.
- Morning go for local sightseeing by visiting Bakel Fort, Pallikere Beach, & Pandiyam Kalluat Trikkanda.
- Overnight Stay at Nileshwaram.
- Check out from hotel and drive to Coimbatore airport to board your flight back home with sweet memories of the tour.
7 Days Guided Tour - North Kerala Tour Starting point and other tours and villas nearby
You may be interested in these Luxury Travel Ideas:
Places Visited: Kerala, Kerala State, India
Duration: 10 Day(s)
Places Visited: Cochin, Maharashtra, Kerala,
Duration: 15 Day(s)