Day 01: Arrive Ahemdabad (By Flight from Mumbai)
Day 02: Ahemdabad
- Once you arrive Ahemdabad, our representative will meet and assist you to your Hotel for check-in. After taking sometime relaxing in the Hotel during the day, in the evening visit the famous Utensil museum at Vishala. You will be welcomed with a rural Gujarati dinner at the village style restaurant, sitting cross-legged on the floor, listening to folk music and watching folk dances. Overnight Stay hotel. (D)
Day 03: Ahemdabad –Patan –Modhera -Dasada (110kms / 02hrs)
- Early morning heritage walk of the old quarter of Ahemdabad. Later we take a full day sightseeing tour of Ahemdabad once known as ‘The Manchester of the East’, due to its importance as a textile town. Highlights of the visit include: the Calico textile museum, with its rare collection of tapestries, Mahatma Gandhi’s Ashram, the Siddi Sayed Mosque and the Adalaj Stepwell. Overnight Stay hotel. (B)
Day 04: Dasada (Little Rann of Kutch)
- Morning drive to Dasada via Patan and Modhera. Patan is famous for its incredible step-wells, clay toys, superb textile work by Patola weaving families. Later visit Modhera’s Sun Temple, designed so the first rays of the sun fell on the image of Surya, the Sun God, at each equinox. Continue to Dasada and stay at Rann Riders. (B/L/ D)
Day 05: Dasada-Bhuj (270Kms /7hrs)
- Morning cross-desert safari across the Little Rann of Kutch witnessing the rare wild ass. Afternoon tour the settlements and villages along the Rann of Kutch, renowned for their embroideries and silk weaving. Overnight stay Hotel. (B, L, D)
Day 06 : Bhuj –Visit of The Walled City
- Drive to Bhuj, capital of the captivating Kutch region. En route visit Dhamadka, famous for natural dyes, block printing and a tribal village renowned for exquisite embroidery work. Overnight stay Hotel. (B, L, D)
Day 07: Bhuj–Excursions to Banni Village (150Kms /04hrs)
- Morning tour of the walled city of Bhuj with a visit to the Aina Mahal, the tribal museum and the colourful markets. Afternoon visit to the Bhujodi village to see the different textile techniques including shawl weaving, Rabari embroidery work, tie and dye work. Overnight stay Hotel. (B, L, D)
Day 08: Bhuj –Gondal (210Kms /06hrs)
- Full day jeep excursion to the Banni villages, where the local women produce colorful handicrafts. Also visit Nirona, home to the only family left practicing the centuries old art of rogan painting. (B, L, D)
Day 09: Gondal–Junagadh-Sasangiri (130Kms)
- Drive to Gondal, a fortified town located on the river Gondali. Visit the Naulakha Palace –coined as the pride of Gondal and famous for its superb architecture. Gondal also has a fine collection of antique cars and is a good base to explore the nearby villages. Stay overnight at the hotel. (B/L/D)
Day 10: Sasangir –Morning & Evening Safaris
- Drive down to Sasangir enroute visiting Junagadh, famous for its 3rd century BC Ashoka rock edicts, magnificent Uparkot Fortress and beautiful royal mausoleums. Arrival at Sasangir known as the last bastion of the endangered Asiatic lion. Gir is also home to one of the largest leopard populations in India
Day 11: Sasangiri-Bhavnagar (240Kms /4 ½ hrs)
- Early morning and late afternoon wildlife viewing in search of the Asiatic lion and other wildlife. (B/ L/ D)
Day 12: Bhavnagar –Visit of Palitana (50Kms /One-way)
- Early morning spend some memorable time viewing India’s treasure in its extraordinary wildlife. Afternoon drive to Bhavnagar known as the cultural capital of Saurastra (A western India Region, located on the Arabian Sea coast of Gujarat state) Overnight stay at the hotel. (B)
Day 13: Bhavnagar –Mumbai (Flight)
- Drive to Palitana and visit the magnificent Jain temples located atop Mount Shatrunjaya. The peak is a 3½ km climb of over 3,500 steps from the town. (B/ L/ D)
Day 14: Departure.
- In the morning we transfer you to the airport catch the flight for Mumbai.
- Day at leisure and later take a flight for your onward destination.
14 Days Private Tour - Glimpses of Vibrant Gujarat Location and other villas and tours nearby
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Tour Location / Places Visiteds