Description of 14 Days Private Tour - Glimpses of Vibrant Gujarat
Day 01: Arrive Ahemdabad (By Flight from Mumbai)
- Once you arrive Ahemdabad, our representative will meet and assist you to your Hotel for check-in. After taking sometime relaxing in the Hotel during the day, in the evening visit the famous Utensil museum at Vishala. You will be welcomed with a rural Gujarati dinner at the village style restaurant, sitting cross-legged on the floor, listening to folk music and watching folk dances. Overnight Stay hotel. (D)
- Early morning heritage walk of the old quarter of Ahemdabad. Later we take a full day sightseeing tour of Ahemdabad once known as ‘The Manchester of the East’, due to its importance as a textile town. Highlights of the visit include: the Calico textile museum, with its rare collection of tapestries, Mahatma Gandhi’s Ashram, the Siddi Sayed Mosque and the Adalaj Stepwell. Overnight Stay hotel. (B)
- Morning drive to Dasada via Patan and Modhera. Patan is famous for its incredible step-wells, clay toys, superb textile work by Patola weaving families. Later visit Modhera’s Sun Temple, designed so the first rays of the sun fell on the image of Surya, the Sun God, at each equinox. Continue to Dasada and stay at Rann Riders. (B/L/ D)
- Morning cross-desert safari across the Little Rann of Kutch witnessing the rare wild ass. Afternoon tour the settlements and villages along the Rann of Kutch, renowned for their embroideries and silk weaving. Overnight stay Hotel. (B, L, D)
- Drive to Bhuj, capital of the captivating Kutch region. En route visit Dhamadka, famous for natural dyes, block printing and a tribal village renowned for exquisite embroidery work. Overnight stay Hotel. (B, L, D)
- Morning tour of the walled city of Bhuj with a visit to the Aina Mahal, the tribal museum and the colourful markets. Afternoon visit to the Bhujodi village to see the different textile techniques including shawl weaving, Rabari embroidery work, tie and dye work. Overnight stay Hotel. (B, L, D)
- Full day jeep excursion to the Banni villages, where the local women produce colorful handicrafts. Also visit Nirona, home to the only family left practicing the centuries old art of rogan painting. (B, L, D)
- Drive to Gondal, a fortified town located on the river Gondali. Visit the Naulakha Palace –coined as the pride of Gondal and famous for its superb architecture. Gondal also has a fine collection of antique cars and is a good base to explore the nearby villages. Stay overnight at the hotel. (B/L/D)
- Drive down to Sasangir enroute visiting Junagadh, famous for its 3rd century BC Ashoka rock edicts, magnificent Uparkot Fortress and beautiful royal mausoleums. Arrival at Sasangir known as the last bastion of the endangered Asiatic lion. Gir is also home to one of the largest leopard populations in India
- Early morning and late afternoon wildlife viewing in search of the Asiatic lion and other wildlife. (B/ L/ D)
- Early morning spend some memorable time viewing India’s treasure in its extraordinary wildlife. Afternoon drive to Bhavnagar known as the cultural capital of Saurastra (A western India Region, located on the Arabian Sea coast of Gujarat state) Overnight stay at the hotel. (B)
- Drive to Palitana and visit the magnificent Jain temples located atop Mount Shatrunjaya. The peak is a 3½ km climb of over 3,500 steps from the town. (B/ L/ D)
- In the morning we transfer you to the airport catch the flight for Mumbai.
- Day at leisure and later take a flight for your onward destination.
Additional Pricing Information
Tour Cost Includes:
- 12 Nights accommodation on single room/ twin sharing basis with early check-in facility
- All Meals except in Ahemdabad (02 Breakfast and 01 Dinner only)/Bhavnagar ( Breakfast only)
- All transfers, tours, sightseeing by chauffeur driven AC car as per the program.
- Professional English Speaking Guide during the sightseeing tour
- Desert safari at Little Rann of Kutch
- Jeep excursion to the Banni villages
- 03 Jungle Safaris in Gir Wildlife Sanctuary
- All applicable taxes including govt. services taxes of 2.58%
Tour Cost Excludes:
- Any International & Intra-India Air Fare
- Items of personal nature like Porterage charges, tips, Gratuities etc.
- Meals other than Not specified in “ Cost include” column
14 Days Private Tour - Glimpses of Vibrant Gujarat Starting point and other tours and villas nearby
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
You may be interested in these Luxury Travel Ideas:
Private Tour - Spellbound Colors & Tribes of Gujarat
Places Visited: Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Ahmedabad,
Activities:City, Art, Local Culture, Shopping, Sightseeing, Walking
Price Upon Request
Group size: 2
Duration: 19 Day(s)
Duration: 19 Day(s)