Paradizo Private Collection
Luxury Train Trip - Palace On Wheels
Description of Luxury Train Trip - Palace On Wheels
- Tour Begins: 09.30 hrs.
- New Delhi
- Join the tour group for a day tour of New Delhi. Tour includes visit to the India Gate, Lotus Temple, Qutab Minar, Humayun's Tomb and more. Enjoy a traditional welcome before the Palace on Wheels pulls out into the night ... for a week-long luxury cruise through fascinating Rajasthan.
- Arrival 02.00 hrs. Departure 19.30 hrs
- The first stop of Palace on Wheels is Jaipur, one of the most well planned cities of the world of its time. To explore the city, an air-conditioned coach takes you to Hawa Mahal or the Palace of Winds, which is a remarkable five storeyed building along the main street of the old city in pink splendour with semi-octagonal and delicate honey combed sandstone windows. This is followed by a visit to Amber Fort, you can also shop for Jaipur’s famous jewellery, handicrafts, carpets blue pottery and textiles. Other places to be visited are the City Palace, home of the erstwhile royal family. and Jantar Mantar.
- Arrival 05.30 hrs. (Sawai Madhopur) and 16.00 hrs (Chittorgarh)
- Sawai Madhopur & Chittaurgarh
- One can almost sense a life of the wilderness, as the Palace on Wheels arrives in Sawai Madhopur. After breakfast a visit is arranged to the Ranthambhor National Park. This wildlife sanctuary is considered to be the country’s best for observing and photographing the activities of the tiger. The tiger, hyena, ratel, jackal and fox are among those constituting the carnivorous population here. Upon return to the Palace on Wheels, you leave for Chittaurgarh, when one gets an opportunity to watch the colourful countryside passing by in the daylight. Images of love and valour; scars of battles lost and won….thrice-besieged, Chittaurgarh Fort is all this and more.
- Arrival 08.00 hrs. Departure 15.30 hrs
- Arrive in Udaipur, the Lake City at 8:00 AM. Perhaps the two most beautiful sites of Udaipur are the dream-like marble Palaces-the Jag Niwas (Lake Palace) and the Jag Mandir, which appear to rise from the blue waters of Lake Pichhola. After lunch a visit to City Palace is exhilarating. In the evening visit the crystal gallery. Later proceed to Jaisalmer on board Palace on Wheels
- Arrival 09.15 hrs. Departure 23.45 hrs
- In the heart of the Thar Desert lies Jaisalmer. Here the yellow sandstone fort is an imposing sight, towering magnificently over the city. Discover the painstakingly latticed havelis or mansions with their grand facades. The Nathmalji-ki-haveli, Patwon-ki-haveli and Salim Singh-ki-haveli are fine examples of the stone carver’s skill. The train leaves for Jodhpur at night.
- Arrival 07.00 hrs.
- Next morning the Palace on wheels is in Jodhpur, a city ringed by a high stone wall with seven gates and several bastions. This second largest city of Rajasthan is known for its rock-solid Mehrangarh Fort. The grand palaces within- Moti Mahal, Sheesh Mahal, Phool Mahal, Sileh Khana and Daulat Khana are impressive examples of architectural excellence. Near the fort complex lies Jaswant Thada, and a group of royal cenotaphs made of white marble. While in Jodhpur shop for the exquisite handcrafted articles including the famous breeches, embroidered shoes, metal curios, silverware, paintings and tie and dye fabrics.
- Arrival 05.00hrs. Departure 08.45 hrs
- Early next morning, the Palace arrives in Bharatpur, the capital of Maharaja Suraj Mal. After breakfast pay a visit to the world famous bird sanctuary, Keoladeo Ghana National Park, the nesting place of thousands of Egrets, Siberian Cranes, migratory Water Fowl and other species of birds.
- Arrival 10.30 hrs Departure 23.00 hrs
- Arrive at Fatehpur Sikri-the red sandstone Mughal palatial complex. Within the enclosure is a mosque built by the Mughal Emperor Akbar and dedicated to the Sheikh Salim Chisti, a muslim Sufi Saint. After lunch move on from the Red Fort and arrive at the Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the world. A pristine monument of undying love. It was built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved queen Mumtaz Mahal.
- After dinner on board and a good night’s sleep, arrive at Safdarjung Train Station, New Delhi at 6.00 hrs the next morning and let the pleasant memories of the past week linger on your mind for a long, long time.
Luxury Train Trip - Palace On Wheels Starting point and other tours and villas nearby
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
You may be interested in these Luxury Travel Ideas:
Private Guided Tour - Rajasthan Hospitality with Taj & Culture Tour
Places Visited: Delhi, New Delhi, Jodhpur,
Activities:Cinema & Theatre, Family, Art, Biking, Hiking, Local Culture, Honeymoon, Horse Riding, Shopping, Sightseeing, Walking
Price Upon Request
Group size: 2
Duration: 17 Day(s)
Duration: 17 Day(s)