Day 1: Monday - Bangalore
6.00 p.m. Reporting time. Check in to board the train.
7.00 p.m. Departure from Bangalore.
Day 2: Tuesday – Mysore - Kabini
- Bangalore, the trendy capital city of the Karnataka state in South India is where from the regal journey of the Golden Chariot train initiates. Blessed with a moderate climate the year round, Bangalore offers visitors loads of options as far as tourist attractions is concerned. The city has become a hotshot for the business class in the country and therefore, has been nicknamed Silicon Valley of India. Passengers are served a lavish dinner and they stay onboard at night.
00.01 a.m Arrival in Mysore.
8.00 a.m. Visit to Kabini sanctuary.
10.00 p.m Back to Golden Chariot.
Day 3: Wednesday - Mysore.
- The Golden Chariot train reac.0hes the Mysore city and halts here for sometime. For maximum Indians, the name of Mysore is synonymous with its famous de facto ruler, Tipu Sultan. Remnants from the bygone era like forts and palaces dotting the Mysore keep drawing tourists here in bulk. You get driven down to lush green environment of Kabini, once the hunting ground of former Mysore Maharajas. A safari will provide vivid glimpse of them many wild beasts and birds at Kabini. Later, passengers get back to the Golden Chariot, have dinner and stay onboard at night.
8.30 a.m. Sight seeing trip of Mysore.
11.00 p.m. Return to Golden Chariot.
Day 4: Thursday - Hassan - Halebid / Belur – Sravanbelagola
- Passengers of the Golden Chariot will spend the day sightseeing the historic edifices in Mysore city of Karnataka. As such, the significant attractions on the tourist travel itinerary could include the great Mysore Palace, Brindavan Gardens, Lalitha Mahal Palace, Maharaja`s Palace, Ranganathittu bird sanctuary, Saint Philomena`s Church, Varahaswamy Temple, etc. Passengers return to the Golden Chariot to resume their journey. Dinner and night stay onboard.
6.00 a.m. Departure from Mysore.
8.40 a.m. Arrival at Hassan.
9.30 a.m. Drive down to Halebid / Belur.
1.00 p.m. Come back to the train and have lunch onboard.
4.00 p.m. Drive down to Sravanbelagola to visit Jain Temple.
7.00 p.m. Return to train again.
7.40 p.m. Depart for TB DAM.
Day 5: Friday - TB DAM - Hospet / Hampi
- Sravanbelagola Jain Temple.The luxurious Golden Chariot train departs from Mysore and heads for the quiet and peaceful town of Hassan in Karnataka. Once here, passengers get driven down to Halebid and Belur to view their renowned temples featuring exquisite south Indian architecture. Infact, the Belur and Halebid temples along with Jain monuments at nearby Shravanabelagola in Hassan district are historically so important that they are being proposed as UNESCO world heritage sites.
- Passengers of the Golden Chariot return to the train to have lunch onboard and then proceed to visit Shravanabelagola. The Jain temple situated here is regarded to be amongst the most revered ones in the whole of India. The icing on the cake here is the monolithic statue Lord Gomateswara that reaches a height of 58 feet and is among the largest of its type in Asia. Passengers again return to the train to have dinner and stay there overnight.
5.30 a.m. Arrival at TB DAM.
8.30 a.m. Drive up the hill for breakfast.
9.30 a.m. Train to Hospet / Hampi.
1.00 p.m. Lunch on train.
3.30 p.m. Hampi.
7.00 p.m. Dinner on train.
8.00 p.m. Departure to TB DAM.
Day 6: Saturday - Gadag - Aihole & Pattadakal – Badami
- The Golden Chariot reaches the Tungabhadra Dam or the TB Dam, from where all passengers onboard the train are driven up a hill to have a sumptuous breakfast. The Golden Chariot thereafter takes passengers to first Hospet and from there to Hampi finally. Hampi was once the seat of the powerful Vijaynagar rulers, whose kingdom included the three states of Karnataka, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh. The Hampi ruins form an important tourist site today. After this, the passenger tourists visit Anegundi village across the Tunga Badra River on a small ferry to see the rural culture. They return to Golden Chariot, have dinner and stay on board overnight. The train heads for its next destination, Gadag.
5.30 a.m. Arrival at Gadag.
8.30 a.m. Drive to Aihole & Pattadakal.
1.00 till 4.00 p.m. Lunch at Badami Court.
4.00 till 6.00 p.m. Exploring Badami.
7.00 p.m. Dinner onboard.
8.00 p.m. Departure for Goa.
Day 7: Sunday - Goa
- The Golden Chariot train makes a majestic entry at Gadag, where passengers set out to explore Aihole, Pattadakal and Badami. Aihole and Pattadakal are known for its more than historic 100 temples that seem sprinkled all over the place. The Durga Temple here is the most celebrated. Temples at Pattadakal made by rulers of the Chalukya dynasty have made the place a world heritage site. Badami, on the other hand, is known for its delicate sculptures among which the most popular are the 18 armed Nataraja in 81 dance poses. Passengers get back to their train for dinner and overnight stay. The train heads for Goa.
5.30 a.m. Arrival at Goa.
9.00 a.m. Drive to Mapple Viva.
12.00 - 4.00 p.m. Lunch and then outing at the Calangute Beach.
6.00 p.m. Return to Train.
7.00 p.m. Departure from Goa.
Day 8 Monday – Bangalore
- The Golden Chariot train today brings its passengers to the popular fun destination of India, Goa. Passengers get the entire day to explore the attractions, beaches and nooks and corners of this tiny but exotically beautiful Goa state. After lunch, everyone will be taken to have a gala time on the serene Calangute beach. Later, all return to the Golden Chariot train and stay overnight on board. The train moves on a return journey back to Bangalore city.
11.00 a.m. Arrival at Bangalore.
- Today the grand journey of the Golden Chariot train concludes as it reaches Bangalore city. From here, passenger tourists move on for their onward journey.
- Note: It is also possible to begin and end your journey from Goa. In this case, the tour begins on Sunday.
Luxury Rail Tour - Golden Chariot Location and other villas and tours nearby
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Tour Location / Places Visiteds
Bangalore - Kabini/Bandipur - Mysore - Hassan - Hampi - Gadag - Goa - Bangalore
Other Nearby Tours and Activities