From architectural wonders and impressive cultural offer to exquisite gastronomy, this tour is perfect for the discerning traveller who enjoys unique experiences, visiting architectural gems, historic sites, gastronomy, culture and traditions.
The tour begins in Seville, a city full of traditional custom originated back many years. Along with this the city retains its authentic Spanish charm.
A private vehicle transfer to Seville train station where you will embark on the Al-Andalus luxury train, a luxury Palace on wheels, a unique place from which to enjoy the Spanish landscape. Inside it, it combines attention, decoration and gastronomy, which transport us, through a time tunnel, to the glamour of the Belle Époque.
Travelling through Andalusia on board this palace is a once-in-a-life-time, romantically and evocative experience. On its trips for 6 days and 5 nights through the history of Southern Spain from Alhambra palaces to wineries in Jérez and will show you the most hidden and beautiful places in the peninsular South. You will also have a detailed daily programme of activities at your disposal.
You will enjoy the culture, the art, the landscape, the cuisine and of course, the pleasure of travelling on the train itself.
Your trip ends in Madrid, Spain's capital. You will discover this amazing city with private tours tailored to your preferences, such the important Art Walk, well known across the world with the El Prado, the Reina Sofia and Thyssen collections, the world of flavours and tastes of genuine Spanish tapas bars, the historic Madrid of the Hapsburgs and all the legends about the old city or simply the continuous daily flow in the elegant shopping area of Barrio de Salamanca…
In Madrid you will lodge at the luxurious hotel Westin Palace. Located in the cultural and business district, the hotel is just minutes from the Prado Museum, Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, ….
Andalucia by luxury train tour Outline:
Andalucia - Madrid
Day 1, Sunday:
SEVILLE - CÓRDOBA
Day 2, Monday:
- Private transfer from airport to Seville train station.
- Travellers’ welcome at 12.00 h. at the foot of the train, at the Santa Justa Railway Station, in Seville. Settling-in on board. As we make our way to Cordoba, we will enjoy a typical meal.
- At Cordoba, the coach will travel to the Old Town, a World Heritage site since 1994, where it is worth noting the Reales Alcázares, the Mosque/Cathedral and the Judería.
- After the visit travellers will have free time.
- Dinner at a local restaurant and night on the train in the city of Córdoba.
CÓRDOBA - BAEZA – ÚBEDA - GRANADA
Day 3, Tuesday:
- As we enjoy a delicious breakfast on-board, we will arrive in Linares-Baeza, from where the coach will take us to the Olive Oil Museum and the historic part of Baeza, declared a World Heritage site by Unesco, and the seat of the International University of Andalucía.
- After the visit we will have some free time before having lunch in Úbeda, a Monumental City, as well as a World Heritage site since 2003, which we will visit after lunch. Later on, we will have free time before returning to the train. As we have dinner on board the train, among the olive trees, we will return to Granada, where we will spend the night.
Day 4, Wednesday:
- After breakfast we will visit La Alhambra and the Jardines del Generalife, true marvels and World Heritage sites since 1984. After the visit we will have free time at the Alhambra, and lunch.
- In the afternoon we will visit the city at the foot of Sierra Nevada. The quarters of Albaicín, Sacromonte and its Cathedral, the first Spanish Renaissance church. After the visit we will have free time before dining at a local restaurant, where we will enjoy a pleasant flamenco performance. Night on board the train in Granada.
GRANADA - RONDA - CÁDIZ
Day 5, Thursday:
- While we have breakfast on the train, enjoying the view of the Serranía, we will arrive in Ronda. We will visit this city which hangs on the edge of a huge escarpment known as El Tajo, and is joined by the bridge that crosses it, the birthplace of bullfighting, with a history going back to Roman times.
- After the visit we will have free time before having lunch in Ronda, whose views are unique. After lunch on board the train we will reach Cádiz, a city on the side of the sea, next to the Bay of Cadiz. It is probably the oldest city in Europe to preserve an important historical heritage. Visit and dinner at a local restaurant. Night in Cadiz.
CÁDIZ – JEREZ- SANLÚCAR - JEREZ
- While we have breakfast, we will arrive in Jerez, the birthplace of Sherry wine, and of some of the most deeply rooted Andalusian traditions. We will visit one of the most important wineries, where they will tell us about the production process, the kinds of wine, wine-tasting, etc.
- We will then go to the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art, where we will enjoy the show “The Dancing of Andalusian Horses”. After the show and the visit to the School we will travel to the neighbouring town of Sanlúcar de Barrameda, in the estuary of the Guadalquivir River, facing the Doñana Natural Park, the largest eco-reserve in Europe, a protected space and a World Heritage Site since 1994.
- After lunch we will take a boat trip down the Guadalquivir, to enjoy this wonder of nature. In the afternoon we will return to the train, which will wait in Jerez, where we will enjoy free time before having dinner at a local restaurant. After dinner we will have a special end-of journey party. Night on board the train in Jerez.
Day 6, Friday:
JEREZ – SEVILLA - MADRID
Day 7, Saturday:
- As we have breakfast, the “Al Andalus” train will reach its final destination, Seville, whose historic and cultural heritage have turned it into a huge tourism attraction. We will visit the city, which stands out for its Giralda, Cathedral, Alcázar, the Archive of the Indies and the Golden Tower, all of which are World Heritage Sites.
- After the visit, just before midday, we will return to the Estacion de Santa Justa, where the train crew will await so that we can collect our baggage. Afternoon high speed train to Madrid. At your arrival, private transfer to Westin Palace hotel and relax.
- Morning private guided visit to Prado museum, to discover one of the best collections in the world and visit Walk Art and its famous buildings. Free afternoon to discover Hapsburgs Quarter, Old Madrid and last shopping.
Day 8, Sunday:
- Departure Private transfer to airport and depature.
Private tours in Madrid:
- Arrival transfer airport-train station Seville
- Roundtrip transfers train station-hotel-airport in Madrid.
- Luxury accommodation 2 nights in Hotel Westin Palace. Madrid. One Deluxe room with breakfast included.
- 2 AVE (high speed train) tickets. Seville-Madrid
Private tour to visit Prado museum and Walk Art. You will visit one of the most impressive art collections in the world, accompanied by an expert who will show you the most important details of the great masters.
The last 30 minutes of the tour you will see the details, the stories hidden in one of the most beautiful areas of Madrid, where they join the art, the most important monuments, nature and architecture ... an essential route to visit in large part, the highlight of the city. Around the Paseo del Arte, Squares and fountains of Cibeles and Neptune, the Puerta de Alcalá, Casa de America, the imposing buildings of post and the Bank of Spain, Retiro Park, Church of Los Jeronimos , Royal Botanical Gardens, … (tickets included). 2 hours
Facilities included at Al-Andalus:
- 6 days’ accommodation / 5 nights on board the “Al Andalus” Train.
- The five breakfasts, five lunches and five dinners on board and at restaurants are included (high quality wines and drinks, coffee and tea,and liquors all included).
- Accompanying hostess throughout the journey.
- Guide during all excursions.
- Coach for transfers and visits. o Permanent security. o Musical performances.
- All visits, transfers and entrance fees included.
- An exceptional crew at your service.
REGULAR DEPARTURE DATES 2012.
•6 May •13 May •20 May •27 May •3 June •10 June •17 June •24 June •16 September •23 September •30 September •7 October •14 October •21 October •28 October •4 November •11 Novermber •18 November •25 November •2 December
Additional Pricing Information
Local taxes and VAT includes
Prices subject to change.
The price of your journey will change based on travel date, availability, additions or changes.
You may join a portion of this itinerary or create your very own tour. Our Luxury Tours include luxury accommodations, private transportation and selected private multilingual local guides, meals as indicated, internal flights and regional surface transportation and more.
You may also hire the “Al Andalus” train for made-to-measure trips for up to 64 people in 32 suites. Business and pleasure trips, conferences, incentives, product presentations, etc.