Our James Bond inspired driving holiday combines the glamour of this most famous secret agent, with a driving vacation in and around the Alps with the latest generation Aston Martin V8 Vantage. See below for the full day by day itinerary.
- Day 1 - Arrive Zurich / Start of Mission: Check into the Widder Hotel, a stunning luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Zurich's fashionable old town. Over a champagne cocktail on the hotels Widder Bar, you will be briefed on your upcoming missions and be given a walkthrough of your drives. After your briefing, head down into Zurich and explore the bars, cafes and lakeside promenade.
- Overnight Accommodation: 5 Star Superior Widder Hotel in a double superior room, champagne and Martini cocktail on arrival.
- Day 2 - Head through the Alps / Visit Ice Station Piz Gloria: Aston Martin delivered directly to the Widder. Here you will receive a walkthrough of the car and controls (no ejector seat unfortunately) and GPS which has each of the missions programmed - driving routes and suggested stop points.
- Mission 1 - head south over three of the most stunning passes in the Alps, then directly to the Schilthorn ice station Piz Gloria. After a 35 minute cable car ride, you arrive at the ice station some 2790M up. Piz Gloria was hideout for Bonds nemesis Blofeld in On Her Majesties Secret Service. The world`s first revolving restaurant offers stunning views across the Alps, set directly opposite the peaks of the Monach, Eiger and Jungfrau masiffs. Mission completed, head back down and onto your base in the Swiss Alps, the Aspen Alpin Lifestyle Hotel. On arrival enjoy a well-earned Vodka Martini cocktail on their beautiful terrace or hot tub overlooking the Alps - shaken not stirred, naturally...
- Overnight Accommodation: 4 Star Aspen Alpin Lifestyle Hotel, Swiss Alps
- Day 3 - South through the Alps to the Italian Lakes / visit the Verzasca Dam
- Mission 3 - head south through the Alps to the Italian speaking Swiss Canton of Ticino for your third mission.
- The drive starts with a run across the spectacular Grimsel pass, then onto the Furka Pass, iconic shoot location for James Bond's DB5 / Mustang car chase with Tilly Masterson in the movie Goldfinger. Take lunch in the Alps, before completing your mission with a visit to the Rhone Glacier, 8KM long and the source of the River Rhone. Now head south "through" the Alps via the Gotthard pass, and just above the beautiful shores of Lake Maggiore you will find the Verzasca Dam - the dam was used for the opening bungee Jump scene in Goldeneye (for the movie the location was assumed to be a Soviet base in Siberia). With an almost sheer drop of more than 200M, it's not for the faint of heart. Agents are not obliged to take the plunge on the 007 bungee jump which is operational during the summer - of course only if you're really entering into the spirit of things.
- Overnight Accommodation: 5 Star Grand Hotel Tremezzo, Lake Como
- Day 4 - Head to Lake Como / Visit Villa del Balbianello then back to Zurich via the Italian Alps
- Mission 4 - after the hard work of your first 4 missions, it's time for some well -earned relaxation and recuperation - we suggest you spend the morning relaxing on the lake, then later, make a visit the stunning Villa del Balbianello (used by James in Casino Royal to recuperate from his injuries). There are also frequent boat services that will take you from Tremezzo across to Bellagio, one of the most idyllic towns on Lake Como, and certainly worth the visit. With all missions completed, start your return journey to Zurich via the Italian Alps, and the sweeping Splugen Pass back into Switzerland, stopping for lunch in the heart of the Alps at the small ski resort of Splugen. Now continue your journey back to Zurich, with a final scenic drive that takes you back along the shores of Lake Zurich, stopping for sundown drinks on the lake, before heading back to the Widder hotel for a final evening
Overnight Accommodation: 5 Star Superior Widder Hotel in a double superior room
Available from June until mid October
007 Aston Martin Driving Holiday Location and other villas and tours nearby
Disclaimer: Pins in map may not be accurate if Google Maps cannot find the exact address. In this case an approximation is made.
Tour Location / Places Visiteds
Graubuenden, Lucerne, Lombardy, Italy, Central Switzerland, Zurich, Lake Como
Additional Pricing Information
Price is per person, based on two persons sharing a twin room combined with the new Aston Martin V8 Vantage S.
Three packages available:
All Packages include:
- 3 night / 2 Missions - Swiss Alps (priced above)
- 4 night / 3 Missions - Extended Swiss Alps
- 5 night / 5 Missions - Alps & Italian Lakes
- Overnight accomodation in 4&5 star hotels
- Bollinger Champagne on arrival
- Meet / greet & mission walkthrough in Zurich
- Detail touring pack and programmed GPS
- Rental of latest Aston Martin V8 Vantage S
- On call support to mission control
Other Nearby Tours and Activities